Author Topic: Great lakes budget cuts  (Read 793 times)

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great lakes budget cuts
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 11:40 AM »
I know this isn't hard water related entirely but  i continue to be in disgust on the funding cuts to the largest freshwater bodies of water. It is such a blessing to be able to drive 2 hours either direction and be on a great lake. I fish lake Michigan monthly and have seen the impact on the waters from our activity and the ups and downs of fish and water quality in my short lifetime. Saddens me to see the German brown stocking stop and reduction of other species...Even worse is the water quality last few years and impact of the economy it causes/daily life (animals and drinking water)
Not trying to get too political but think about your local representives and what total impact they may bring. Get out as much as you can on these awesome bodies of water and enjoy them in your lifetime. I guess that goes for all of our local lakes and streams. Please leave the right footprint for our kids.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2018/02/trump_plans_90_cuts_to_great_lakes_restoration_program.html
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline ricohater

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Great lakes budget cuts
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Similar cuts were proposed in the 2017 budget proposal from the white house. Fortunately they were met with stern bipartisan opposition.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.