Author Topic: Lake Surveys  (Read 855 times)

Offline Hack58

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Surveys
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 02:43 PM »
It's obvious that many of you more familiar with the DNR and their websites than me so I have a question for you.

Is there anywhere that we can see the results of the various surveys I see the DNR taking from time to time?  Everything I can find online seems to be several years old.

Just wondering......

Hack.
Tight lines everyone!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Surveys
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Taxi may know, if not Jed should be able to point you in the right direction.

I use the Sportsman's Connection lake guide book, it's helpful but most of the survey info is pretty dated.

Jed Pearson in District III. 260-244-6805. email is: [email protected]

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:34 AM »
The DNR has scrubbed the website of the surveys and the Search tool for the surveys. I was told that it is due to the fact that they are so far behind in reporting.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Jed Pearson or (260)Larry Koza 829-6241 or [email protected] are good sources for info. They can also give you more up to date relevant info that is not in surveys. Both are professional and polite. No attitude problems like I have run into with other state officials.

I'm sure the lack of surveys comes down to money. This state has a higher sales tax rate than than the proverbial "taxachusetts" I used to live in and my property tax is fast approaching that of "taxachusetts."But you wouldn't know it by how tight this state is. Tighter than a ghat's ass stretched over a 55 gallon drum. ;D OTOH at least we are not bankrupt like Illinois. I will be retiring in New England in a few years though. Only thing holding me back are my parents that live on my property that refuse to move.  ;D  O.K. I'm off my soap box now. ;D

BTW here is link to district biologists and their contact info:

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3590.htm

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Hack58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:53 AM »
Thanks Guys!
Tight lines everyone!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.