Author Topic: Striker Hardwater or Predator suits  (Read 12278 times)

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker Hardwater or Predator suits
« Reply #30 on: Feb 04, 2016, 05:32 AM »
I have the striker suit, I like it but blew out the crotch the other day, same thing happened to my arctic armor bibs, next I will try the cabelas guide wear, buddy has it and it looks to be way better quality
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 04, 2016, 08:46 AM »
People were talking about the stitching coming loose and they said that when they called Striker, they stood behind the product and fixed it.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2016, 04:14 PM »
I know several years ago they were having issues with crotches blowing out, they have stated they have reinforced the recent models. They really listen to what people respond and seem to try to improve or fix the problems.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2016, 04:27 AM »
That's good to know.  My suggestion would be to put the snakeskin material around the bottom of the legs so it covers the bottom of the cuff where ever it's adjusted to so it doesn't wear out.

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2016, 03:27 PM »
Frabill discontinued ther best suit, the "Snosuit FXE".

Offline Turbo jig2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:40 AM »
Frabill needs to make their suits floatable for the price they want. That being regular retail price not sale price of course.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Feb 13, 2016, 11:38 AM »
I'm thinking about getting the Predator coat to go with my Hardwater bibs instead of the Hardwater coat  because the bibs will create a double layer across most of my chest and back and if I get the Hardwater coat it maybe too warm.  I know I can open the vents to cool down but would rather not have them open all the time or keep opening and closing them.  The main reason I chose the Hardwater bibs is because the material is heavier and more durable.  Has anyone else done this and if so what's your thoughts on it and would you do it again?

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 13, 2016, 02:06 PM »
I think its a good idea if your unsure about which one to choose. I have the hardwater, and agree its warm, but its easier to cool down than warm up on the ice.  I really like the 660 d shell. I've never went home because I was too warm ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:25 PM »
You're right about that.  The Hardwater bibs are so warm that I have to open up some of the zippers to vent out some of the heat.  I had to do that even today and it was 0 with a -25 wind chill.  That's what got me thinking about the bibs and coat over lapping for most of the chest and back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.