Author Topic: Muck Boots ?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
Muck Boots ?
« on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Arctic Pro  or Arctic Sport?  I hear the Pros are a little big and stiff?  what do you think?
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline kmgb42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!!!!
Re: Muck Boots ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:06 PM »
I have the arctic sport and they are one of the warmest and lightest boots I've ever had and have no complaint but you will need 1 pair of good wool socks NO cotton and some creepers. Good investment!
A bad day of fishing will always be better than a good day at work!
(Nate D)

Offline C.Tripp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:07 PM »
Bogs blaze 1000

Offline kmgb42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:11 PM »
You want the tall one short ones chafe on calves
A bad day of fishing will always be better than a good day at work!
(Nate D)

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:50 PM »
anyone else own the boggs?
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline pdolewa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2012, 05:58 PM »
I have that arctic pros and haven't had cold feet yet. They're perfect for ice fishing and they are less stiff than any pac boot with the same amount of warmth that you will get with these boots. Best boots I've ever had and you can get them for a good price on the internet.

Offline Doug D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:12 PM »
I bought the the arctic sport boots. I had a gift card and the store I bought them at didn't have the actic pros in stock I would have liked to atleast try them on. I use them for work and fishing. The warmer temps we have had lately the boots have been great but my feet did get cold on the really cold days we have had. I dry them on a boot dryer everynight and use a good pair of wool socks. I used to wear lacross alpha burly sport boots which I really liked but I must say I like the mucks better. Mucks are more comforable with the neoprene on my calfs.
I was able to get the actic sports for $99 I saw the arctic pros at another store for $169 I wonder if they are really worth the extra money.
I have baffin boots, sorels,  and lacross boots and these are my favorite.

Offline Doug D

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:33 PM »
anyone else own the boggs?
My father  in law has a pair of boggs and loves them he uses them for snowmobiling. I don't know which ones he has they look similar to the muck boots.

Offline biggreenshack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Relative of mine has the Arctic sport and stepped on a stick the wrong way and it punctured the sole of the boot.  Had to get a patching kit and fix it.

Offline StingingLips

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:55 PM »
http://www.baffin.com/product-p/23550000.htm

this is what I wear, crazy warm and comfortable.

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2012, 07:10 PM »
http://www.baffin.com/product-p/23550000.htm

this is what I wear, crazy warm and comfortable.

I'm with StingingLips, though I wear the Ranger brand ~ which can be found cheaper at Reny's

Offline rte9runner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:55 PM »
i have a pair of arctic sports that i have had for ten-ish years now and for cold weather i will always have the muck boots. really comfortable and effective. i also have two pair of the muck edgewaters and those are great for a kind of all weather boot but not near as warm as the arctic sports. i have had great luck with all of them from work to ice fishing to hunting.

Offline chum bucket

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I just bought a pair of the bogs blaze boots 1000gr thinsulate, gonna try em out tommorow.
Semper Fi

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I am so dissapointed with my muck arctic pros!  I wore them out 4 times now, and even at a measely -10 (celcius) my feet were cold in about an hour!!  It wasnt' due to moisture, I had top of the line wool socks and I don't have circulation problems - they JUST DON'T CUT IT FOR WARMTH.  I will say they are extremely light and comfortable, but not warm.  They're great to walk in, and my feet never overheat or sweat, and if they are cold a short walk will warm them up...but I think they need more insulation on the BOTTOM to prevent cold coming up through the boot.

What a waste of $185 + tax.
Tight lines

Offline outlaw5oo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:32 PM »
This past weekend I went fishing with my artic sports and I paired them with under armour tall boot socks and my feet never once got cold at -15*f

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.