Author Topic: Bittern  (Read 4054 times)

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bittern
« on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:34 PM »
Has anyone sledded in lately?
Splaker

Offline cburns94

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bittern
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:28 AM »
I heard Bittern access is being allowed now through the reserve.

Can anyone confirm this?

TIA

Offline Nuf63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Can anyone confirm the road to Bittern is accessible and if you can drive a truck on or you need sleds, thanks

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2021, 04:08 PM »
Bump - Also curious if the road to bittern is now open for access to the lake, also what the snow conditions on the lake are like for truck travel

Thanks in advance!

Offline iceman1979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:22 PM »
I was out there a week and a half ago and it was open.

Has anyone driven onto the lake this week? Heading there this weekend.
Thanks.

Offline Nuf63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2022, 07:19 PM »
Anyone been to Bittern in the last week or so. Can you get to the lake thru the IR, Oreo you need to sled in.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2022, 07:26 PM »
Went out last week and my truck was broken into, nothing taken as I had everything with me, just looking for stuff in the consoles.  Last time I go up there, it’s getting bad.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2022, 08:32 PM »
Went out last week and my truck was broken into, nothing taken as I had everything with me, just looking for stuff in the consoles.  Last time I go up there, it’s getting bad.

Im assuming left it on shore and sledded out?

guy I know parked there in the early summer  went out on the lake, came back and someone had pried open his sunroof and took all the change out of the truck and whatever cash was in it nothing else   

have also heard of instances at ml like that as well
 be careful   no ones to have to use their deductible and lose some time over a fishing outing imo

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2022, 11:32 PM »

How was the fishing?
Splaker

gman51

« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2022, 07:37 AM »
that kinda stuffs been going on for years. your taking your chances leaving your vehicle somewhere that you cant keep an i on it.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:25 PM »
Fishing was decent, went shallow and the eyes were there but nothing big.  Oh well will put up a trail cam next time to catch the vandals.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Fishing was decent, went shallow and the eyes were there but nothing big.  Oh well will put up a trail cam next time to catch the vandals.

make sure you set it up well so can get definite pics of people their plate etc or impossible for rcmp to even take a look-  and put it somewhere inconspicuous otherwise its gone too.  I know that parking spot- tough area and no much coverage there    I personally would not leave any gear there

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2022, 08:52 AM »
for me it's drive on at bittern or turn around and head elsewhere.

Offline Timetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2022, 09:00 AM »
It’s sad but a lot of the fishing lakes are near a IR community. We had equipment taken from our vehicle and had a description . We went to the RCMP and reported it and were told we didn’t belong there and to drop it as it would not go anywhere. They’re overloaded with assaults, knives, guns and drugs!

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:51 AM »
It’s sad but a lot of the fishing lakes are near a IR community. We had equipment taken from our vehicle and had a description . We went to the RCMP and reported it and were told we didn’t belong there and to drop it as it would not go anywhere. They’re overloaded with assaults, knives, guns and drugs!

not shocked   very frustrating but not shocked.   even in lots of sk cities now thing like public intoxication etc is not answered because they are busy and I get it busier with more pressing matters at the time. 

gman51

« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2022, 06:57 AM »
 not shocked as well. also IMO some people are a little to naive.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:32 PM »
this lake will be fished very little this winter I would imagine with the conditions as such

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.