Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1636548 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8730 on: May 11, 2017, 06:17 PM »
Sorry IFF, no fishing today  :(  We'll be back at it next week, so stay tuned  ;)2 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8731 on: May 12, 2017, 03:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!!   40* and calm on the Hill this am, high of 61 expected here today. Looks like another rainy weekend coming here unfortunately.

Marv/Wally...best wishes to you both for a safe trip today...have a great weekend with your families! :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hope you caught up on your sleep yesterday. My 4 legged family members are usually the cause for waking me at that hour...  ;D
  Bud...not quite sure how long the marble will last. They had ordered 1,000 pieces to be laid this season with hopes of it being completed by the big 4th of July event held there...I've got my doubts about that happening as we have our first of many concrete pour's scheduled for Monday, and that one will require almost our entire work force.
  Tom...happy hunting!! Hope the big one shows up for you!    :thumbsup:

Another good day yesterday despite being down one worker. Looking forward to the days end today that's for sure!
  Pressed for time this morning, so cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8732 on: May 12, 2017, 03:52 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      Happy Friday, it's 42* here on my hill and clear skies, I see the moon in the south sky!
                      Marv, WW.......X2 on Eddie's wishes for a safe and enjoyable trip this weekend! :thumbsup:
                      Bud.......Self control is a hard thing to keep when the prices are so good! :whistle:
                      Eddie.....I guess you and the crew will have your hands full trying to get it all done by the 4th of July! :flex:
                My cat's wake up call is between 4 an 4:30, I just was very restless and my arthritis had really kicked in! :%$#!:
                       I talked to my brother last night and he is doing great, he is walking with a walker, a little shaky on it and has
                to have a technician walk beside him.
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing and safe trip for those traveling

IW!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8733 on: May 12, 2017, 04:57 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW!  Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I just wanted to drop in and say Hello. We are hitting the road in a bit, the sister just called and they are 20 minutes away. Almost time to fire up the Buick and see if it's up for the trip.

I hope you all have a good Friday

Good luck to all fishing!  Stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8734 on: May 12, 2017, 05:12 AM »
Morning all,

WS....have a safe trip, enjoy the family time, happy birthday to your brother  :)
Eddie...hope your day flies by, any fishing plans this weekend  ???
TT....best of luck in the woods  ;)
IW....glad to hear your brother continues his great recovery  :thumbsup: how's your wife's visit going ?
IFF....when the price is right there's always room for another lure in the tackle box  ;D

Have a good Friday & great weekend !!!! Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8735 on: May 12, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning ER's WW, maybe thats where I am going wrong, too many tackle boxes.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8736 on: May 12, 2017, 05:52 AM »
Bite your tongue IFF    :nono:   there's no such thing  :roflmao: :woot:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8737 on: May 12, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Down to 37 overnight but sunny and going to warm up into mid 60's today. Got the "old" boat out of the shed yesterday. Backed it into the lake and ran both motors. Today get the rest of my stuff out of it and into the new boat. May even have time to take the new one for a ride. May even take a fishing pole with me. Rain for the weekend....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8738 on: May 12, 2017, 06:59 AM »
Good Morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a nice day. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8739 on: May 12, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Bluebird skies, 60* heading to 75, and have to be heading to Store in half hour. ::)  there was a flash of dark, a puff of Dove feathers, in the air,  going to be one lonesome Dove the rest of the day  :'(.  Hard to believe less than half of the patio covered with flower plants that represent $188.97.  But on the other hand way less $$$ than if the same space was fishing tackle  ::)  Bet Dom is busy gearing up for Mothers day sales.  ;D
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8740 on: May 12, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Got a real slap in the face, this afternoon.  Employee discounts will end tomorrow.  Some part time have already quit

Marv ?  The first partly formed leaves on the ash trees froze, and now after almost a little over a week have not showed an new ones forming ?

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8741 on: May 13, 2017, 04:15 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill, rain is on it's way, about 60 miles to the west! Yesterday was a nice
                 day, I worked outside, cut a few trees to make way for my new project a wood shed! I will building it through
                 the summer! :flex: Oh the Black Flies were out in force! :%$#!:
                         Bud.......Talk about adding insult to injury, taking away employee discounts!  :cookoo:
                         WS/WW....I hope your travels were safe and uneventful! :thumbsup:
                         Not much going on today, I'll do some more straightening up downstairs, then this afternoon I will be
                 watching #2 son's children while they attend a wedding.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing or visiting family!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8742 on: May 13, 2017, 05:33 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  46* here this am, high of 49 expected...rain inching its way here also, another soggy weekend!

Jeff...enjoy your build, how big is the new shed going to be? Those pesky black flies have been bad here also along with the ticks, nasty little buggers both of them.
  Bud...X2 on Jeff's reply, what a low blow! Wonder what the reasoning was behind that?
  H2..did you get a chance to wet a line yesterday?
  Wally/Marv...hope you both had safe trips as well, have a great time with the families!
  Dom...hope the cash registers are ringing all weekend for you at the nursery!

Today I'll be attending a Mother's Day celebration at at the Alzheimers facility my Mom is at. They're having some type of live entertainment and a brunch from 11-2,  looking forward to that and seeing some of my family members as well. Seems we're all busy going in separate directions all the time.
  Never did catch up to my lawn duties during the week, broke a steering part on my tractor...hoping to pick that up later this afternoon on my way home. Grass is growing like the dickens with the recent weather we've had, going to be a job catching up!
  Well, better get motivated and get a few chores out of the way before the rain falls....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8743 on: May 13, 2017, 07:19 AM »
Clouds and about 50. Spent yesterday morning getting the old boat cleaned out. My nephew picked it up last night. In the afternoon I took one rod and three lures out and put 3 more hours on the new boat. Didn't catch anything. I even took a net with me.

Have to make a trip to the land fill this morning so want to get that done before the rain gets here...Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8744 on: May 13, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Good Morning everyone, overcast this morning, wonder if the weather people will be correct about the northeaster. Hope everyone has a good day and stays dry, tight lines to the people who are fishing. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8745 on: May 14, 2017, 03:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Wishing all of our IceShanty Mom's a very Happy Mothers Day!!   :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8746 on: May 14, 2017, 03:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                    I'm with Eddie, wishing all moms here on IceShanty and all other moms a Happy Mothers Day! :flex: :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

IW

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8747 on: May 14, 2017, 04:12 AM »
Morning ERs.  I'll join in as well wishing all of our mothers a happy Mother's Day.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8748 on: May 14, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Morning all,

Thanks for the mother's day  wishes!!
Hope everyone has a great day. Raining like crazy here in MA. Looks like no soccer game today  :-\  Did get to watch my grandson play his 2nd t-ball game ever yesterday. Those little guys are so adorable ;)
Eddie.....sending a happy mothers day  wish to your mom!!!  Enjoy  :)
IFF....that's messed up, losing your discount  >:( 
IW....hope the shed build goes smoothly  @)
WS....safe travels on your return trip, hope the weekend went well
H2L....hope the next outing puts some fish in the live well   ;)

Enjoy the day....if you're in the northeast,  try to stay dry  :-\  Be safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8749 on: May 14, 2017, 05:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Happy Mothers Day WW and the same to all the Moms and extended Moms of the Shanty Family :clap:

I hope you had a good time and visit at the facility yesterday Eddie! I hope all of your family were able to make it to the  celebration :thumbsup:

We got back yesterday from Iowa and had a very nice visit with my brothers and sister. I also got reintroduced to my great niece after some 18 years. We are planning a day together over the 4th of July, I can't wait.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday, be it with Mom, on the water, or just remembering :clap: Stay safe!

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8750 on: May 14, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Happy mothers day WW, and all the iceshanty mothers.hope every 1 has a great day!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8751 on: May 14, 2017, 05:59 AM »
Good Morning ER's Echoing the Mothers Day wishes. Still no sign of new leaves on the Ash trees.   ::)  Going to be a warm day in the Rockies  :thumbsup: Might cut out early from work to get some time preping the garden before it gets dark.  ;D
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8752 on: May 14, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Let me also echo the well wishes for a Happy Mother's Day to the moms out there! And all the ER's are to have a good day, weather permitting! It IS spring after all!!  ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8753 on: May 14, 2017, 07:03 AM »
HAPPY MOTHERS day to all wife's of the ER's and a special one for WW. Hope you have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8754 on: May 14, 2017, 08:00 AM »
My son and daughter in law came up to take us out for an early Mothers day dinner last night. We went to the newly reopened restaurant. We had to do it early as the daughter in law signs for the church were they go. All of their family signs so they can talk about us behind our back with out us knowing what they are saying. LOL

The wife just showed me a picture of the breakfast her Asperger's grand son fixed his mother this morning. What a young man. He graduates HS in a few weeks. I am sure the store he works at will be offering him a full time job when he graduates. Even the store manager has been impressed with his attention to detail.

Struck out again on my turkey hunting. Not the turkeys fault it was all mine. For a change the turkeys wanted to cooperate I just could not close the deal. I keep thinking this will be my last year hunting them as I can not run and gun like I used to. I saw plenty toms this trip so that was not the problem as they would at least answer the calls. I was not mobile enough to get after them. I should have taken my old hunting buddy's invite to come sit in one of his deer blinds that has a tom walking buy every evening going to roost.

I was finally able to get some local asparagus this trip hunting. This is the latest I have ever seen asparagus come on. We saw one of the local farmers looking at the buds on some peach trees so we stopped. He said it looked like the crop is a bust on most of the fruit this year do to heavy frost. Sad. At least the frost only sets the asparagus back a few pickings so that is not a total loss.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8755 on: May 14, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  Happy Mothers Day to all mothers. Hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8756 on: May 14, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Happy Mother's Day to members and wives

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8757 on: May 15, 2017, 03:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I Hope you all had a weekend and had a chance to celebrate Mother’s Day. I took a quick ride up north and spent some time at my Moms grave. It sure was a beautiful day.

I also spent a few hours of the day dead wooding some pine trees. I built a fire in the pit and hauled 6 pretty good sized loads of dead materiel and burnt it. The girls went fishing for the day so I had plenty of time to work around home. About 3 pm they called and said to get the fish cleaning table ready. The found some nice crappies and we had a fish fry for supper.

Not sure what the week will bring. It sounds like after today we are in for lots of rain and some pretty ugly storms. I guess it’s the season.

Good luck to all fishing!  Stay safe

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8758 on: May 15, 2017, 03:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's MONDAY the start of another week, it's 44* and cloudy here on my hill tomorrow we're suppose to hit
             80* too hot too fast! But I'll take it! :woot:
                     I hope everyone had an enjoyable mothers day and did something special for your mom or your wife!  :thumbsup:
                     Not much to report I'm finally getting the basement in much needed order! :flex:
                     I hope everyone has a good Monday as you head back to work or are out fishing!
                      I see Marv posted while I was typing, nice looking dinner Marv, I hope the weather holds out for you!
             IW

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8759 on: May 15, 2017, 03:35 AM »
Good Monday morning ERs.  Back to the grind.  Fished both Saturday and Sunday but didn't catch enough of anything to bring home.  Water temps really took a dive last week is the only thing I can think of to blame.  Normally the crappies, perch and walleye would all be eager to eat in mid May here.  Will be back after them next weekend again.

Pssst, Amazon has four(4) "13 Fishing Widow Maker ice rods" for less than $34 right now.  They're pretty pricey at full retail, but at between $31 - $34, they're great buys.  Search what I have in quotations and you'll find 'em.  DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.