Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: GPS COORDINATES FOR SPIRIT LAKE  (Read 6882 times)

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
GPS COORDINATES FOR SPIRIT LAKE
« on: Jan 06, 2009, 08:49 PM »
N 43 DEG. 28' 51.0"
W 95 DEG. 04' 41.1"

CAUGHT OVER 200 PERCH THERE MIDDLE OF DEC.

N 48 DEG. 28' 52.9"
W 95 DEG. 04' 41.3"

ANOTHER PERCH PRODUCER

N 43 DEG. 29' 21.8"
W 95 DEG. 04' 00.2"

THIS IS AN OBSCURE HUMP IN A RELATIVELY FLAT BOTTOM...FIRM SUBTRATE..GREAT FOR ALMOST ANYTHING - I HOOK UP HERE CONSTANTLY WHEN OTHER AREAS SEEM TO BE OVERRUN WITH PEOPLE...

N 43 DEG. 29' 31.2"
W 95 DEG. 03' 46.2"

THIS IS A SWEET DEEP HOLE NEAR AN INSIDE TURN...FROM THIS POINT MOVING ESE..YOU WILL SEE A DRAMATIC RISE FROM 17'+ TO 12'.  GREAT PERCH!  AGAIN..NOT FISHED MUCH BUT IT IS AN OLD STANDBY

My goal is to provide and all information for Anglers Bay...I'm done with perch fishing and that part of the lake so let's get it on!!  If anyone has a particular area of Angler they want to fish or need information on...circle it on a map and PM for email addy to send it to and I'll provide the waypoints of key drops and structure features.  This will be especially helpful to people who aren't local. It's free, it's accurate, it's the culmination of 25 years of fishing that lake since I started there when I got my first 12' alumacraft when I was 13. 

Wanna know the location of the end of the draw down pipe on the south shore pump house???  Yup...I got that to!  I live in NE so I'm not to concerned about pressure or company.  I will provide everything but the bait for your next Spirit Lake adventure.  All I ask is that you update me on what you caught and give me a report. 
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: GPS COORDINATES FOR SPIRIT LAKE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:06 PM »
can you  download those to a chip and deliver it?? I'm to lazy to load them by hand   :P

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:20 PM »
I'll bring my data cords...I have over 20 of them for this and that...

What do you need them for....you could put me on fish if you were in a coma....

Hey...did I tell you I finally found The Towers on west lake??  15 feet high...the timbers are in amazingly good condition.  These coords will not be published.  But the smallies around it are tanks....I need to get a DVR for my camera for that thing...you ever drill that place??
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:28 PM »
No I haven't and honestly don't know exact location. Not a bass fisherman  LOL Have seen a couple interesting shack locations as of late ( nice working lakeside everyday) on West, will have to see why those are where they are. If you wan't to scout Emerson let me know, I came across a neat looking spot trolling this fall that might be well worth a look. If you want the coords let me know. Been watching it all year so far nobodys been in that area. Not sure if I'll get the time Saturday to see if it holds anything.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Yeah...If my first plan doesn't pan out for Friday...plan b is West lake...a few spots I've been plotting this fall after the bloom dropped.  Water cleared up and my camera got a work out..hard to maneuver a 27' criuser.  I think a group of people thought we were with the Discovery channel...

They had Minnesota tags on their boat....LOL

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Ever had a muskie guy throw baits at you on West in that cruiser??? If so might have been us   LOL

Offline jacobh73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Ill be on Emerson this weekend did ok there last. Hopefully we dont have freezing rain like last weekend.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I'll be on E Saturday with a group from another site. Black Jimmy with the Hillbilly Delux in tow.

Offline jacobh73

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:42 PM »
black trail with the goose on it

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2009, 09:47 PM »
I'll be on E Saturday with a group from another site. Black Jimmy with the Hillbilly Delux in tow.

Yeah...I saw that was going on.  If my rig is on West..I might do a 50 MPH side slide into Emerson...LOL.  OK...I might slow idle over...I still have seen the.  You know Esox...I have seen trailers for movies....but I think I want to see a movie about your trailer...

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Don't be knocking the Hillbilly Delux, I had no use for the waterbed frame anyway so put it to good use as a shack hauler. One of these days I'm going to paint her up and put Hillbilly Delux across the back gate. Can't beat it for a 4x10 trailer for under a hundy.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:26 PM »
OMG...I didn't know it was a waterbed frame trailer!  LOL...dude...I'm def. going to make it over to little E on saturday...for a joke..we should set up a stand and try to sell raffle tickets for that bad boy....

waterbed!!!!   ...I'm never going to get to sleep now.  That is so ghetto it rocks...we need that for winter games.  1001 possiblities...wait!  Make that 1002....

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:31 PM »
I paid $50 for the frame, took the waterbed parts and made her an enclosed. New lights ( that aren't working) a few hinges and set of locks  and I got a sweet  shack hauler.  Its a real trailer just built the enclosed part from the old frame.

Offline jmvsmv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Boji-    I cant tell you how much i appreciate you putting your coordinates on here like this.  We do a lot of poking and hoping, just recently started marking our spots on gps but they have all been due to chasing shantytown around on anglers.  I obviously don't have the knowlege  of the lakes that you have, but i consider myself owing you one for these (of course that will be dependant on if we catch fish or not  ;D) so i would be glad to pass on anything as far as reports that i can.

Offline 1Eskimoshack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Boji if ya ever get down this way I will gladly ship some GPS coordinates your way. Just let me know.  Don't know if I'll get to the IGL's this year but these coordinates are in the ETrex
Shiner down, Flag up!!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Thanks for the compliment JM...might take you up on the grid marks Eskimo...Although I keep my car compass east or north this time of year.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:39 PM »
N 43 DEG. 29' 21.8"
W 95 DEG. 04' 00.2"

THIS IS AN OBSCURE HUMP IN A RELATIVELY FLAT BOTTOM...FIRM SUBTRATE..GREAT FOR ALMOST ANYTHING - I HOOK UP HERE CONSTANTLY WHEN OTHER AREAS SEEM TO BE OVERRUN WITH PEOPLE...

N 43 DEG. 29' 31.2"
W 95 DEG. 03' 46.2"

THIS IS A SWEET DEEP HOLE NEAR AN INSIDE TURN...FROM THIS POINT MOVING ESE..YOU WILL SEE A DRAMATIC RISE!  AGAIN..NOT MUCH BUT IT IS AN OLD STANDBY

Not sure Bojihawk, but are these the gps locations at zippers?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LMAO

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:41 AM »
I consider myself to have a quit wit....but after reading your post and rereading mine with your interesing context...LMFAO!!!

That thar is funny...I don't care who you are!!!!

Offline pistol54pete

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I flat out love the outdoors!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Well fellas as I stated in another post that I'm thinkin about gwettin a gps unit....can anyone steer me in the direction of what would b a good unit for a 1st timer.I know there's several diff units availble at all kinds of prices....I don't mind spending some $ but I sure don't need anything to complicated for me LOL.Thanks
If the ocean were beer & I was a duck...I'd swim to the bottom & drink myself up!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Well fellas as I stated in another post that I'm thinkin about gwettin a gps unit....can anyone steer me in the direction of what would b a good unit for a 1st timer.I know there's several diff units availble at all kinds of prices....I don't mind spending some $ but I sure don't need anything to complicated for me LOL.Thanks

Lowrance H20....color or not....the color costs a bit more, but if you are on a buget (like normal humans) I would buy the B&W and spend the extra $ on the Navionics (I think they still have a rebate) software.  If you get one...you will most likely have some questions on it.  I would be happy to help you with snags...I had a few of them myself.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:13 PM »

Do yourself a favor and if your going to use it for Ice fishing, find the mapping software you want to buy/use and then figure what gps unit to get. I had recieved a garmin E-Trex Vista gps unit. Works great, only problem is that the lakemaster maps I bought don't have the IGL on them for the garmin :embarassed:, but if I had the lowrance it looks like does have the IGL on it when you by the Minn maps. The GPS unit is still good to use for marking spots, and finding where  a guy needs to be if you have the lat and long data.

I've attached a link to the lakemaster website, which as lakemaps. http://www.lakemap.com/digitalgpsmapcards-1.aspx

Here is the only other lake maps I know of Navionics hotmaps
http://www.navionics.com/Premium08LakeList.asp?RegionID=1

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Not a fan of lakemaster.  Pretty easy to pick on the GPS for me after a little research.  H2O is the best seller in Scheels...which is an upper midwest chain.  Lakemaster is good also, but I don't think you have the volume of data per $ that Navionics has.  I have MN, IA, SD, ND...this is a good "ice fishermans" suite.  I don't do to much in Nebraska.  Some of the others divided their states so it was impossible to chose..like WI, IN, IA, and IL.  The other was KS,NE, SD, CO...made no sense for an icefishermen.

I don't want to sound like a Lowrance sales person here...but it rocks.  It is slow intializing...and sometimes data retrieval from the memory card is labored...but it is very accurate and I can read the backlit color screen on the fly with my ATV handlebar mount.  Bonus feature?  Comes with a power cord...most others do not...and the bleed you on all peripherals with that stuff...so make them a consideration...$30 may not seem like a huge sum of money...but when you think about it..that's about 15% of the cost of a good GPS.  My last one was a Magellan.  Quality unit...but came with a data cord I didn't need and a crappy 4meg basemap that showed interstates and towns over 100,000 people is about it.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 08, 2009, 06:22 PM »
I run a Lowrance Expedition C and it ROCKS. I run both an 07 and 06 Navionics chip and it has helped me find fish or fishing spots faster so lest time spent lining up green house with yellow garage ect. Then they go and repaint something and throws you way off. I run mine year round, in the summer its on the bow of my boat.

Offline fowlfoolr1979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:26 PM »
Hey Boji just checking but 2 of those 4 coordinates you posted showed up in the middle of a cornfield when I plugged them into my H20C.  :)

Layne

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:38 PM »
What a crazy good day for me. Was talking about how garmin's gps unit was so limited, then I get a freee h20 gps unit delivered to me as a gift at my desk after typing my above blurp. Talk about having a good day. :) :) :) Now if someone could hook me up with hot maps I'd be in heaven. Noticed it was the black and grey unit not the color, guess I can't complain though.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Add a Navionics chip to that and you'll be laying in bed looking for the next new fishing hole. I have a 110/12 volt converter for mine that I use in the house. Many a hours been spent looking at the lakes while relaxing at home.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:15 PM »
What's a good chip run for the H20 from navionics???

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:45 PM »
Hey Boji just checking but 2 of those 4 coordinates you posted showed up in the middle of a cornfield when I plugged them into my H20C.  :)

Layne

Was checking on the H20 I got, and 2 showed up on land close to Anglers bay...........Bojihawk your not putting everyone on a goose chase are you ::)

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:48 PM »
A current year chip will run you $150 look around you may be able to find last years chip for under $100 or a used one even cheaper. If you up in the IGL's are Shucks may have one.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Esox, how much snow have you got today over there?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.