Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Recycled Fish On Ice Hardwater Opens  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Recycled Fish On Ice Hardwater Opens
« on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Okoboji Hardwater Open  - The Recycled Fish Okoboji Hardwater Open is set to kick off on January 8th 2011, with a day of pre-fishing and an on ice lunch provided by Recycled Fish for any participating angler. The tournament is set for January 9th, with an 8:00AM start. Anglers will have a chance to fish in some of the clearest waters you’ll ever have a chance to drop an ice jig down. Fishing in Little Emerson Bay, you’ll be sight fishing for some of the biggest bluegills in the state of Iowa. This great lake is full of fantastic fish including northern pike, bass, crappie, perch, walleye, and bluegill. Nothing will get your blood flowing like seeing a northern pike swim by your ice hole, but keep a keen eye, you’re looking for those big bluegill. You’re going to want to keep your 10 best and bring them to the weigh-in. We will have a maximum of 60 anglers in the field. We’ve still got room, so get registered early and secure your spot. For more information visit the Recycled Fish Hardwater Open website here… Okoboji Hardwater Open
(link in case the hyperlink doesn’t work http://www.recycledfish.org/our-programs/on-ice-tour/okoboji-hardwater-open-tournament.htm)

Big Creek Hardwater Open – The second annual Big Creek Hardwater Open is January 29 – 30, 2011. We’ll have a day of pre-fishing on January 29th with an on  ice lunch for all the participating teams, sponsored by Scheels. We’ll have a rules meeting and Ice Bash held at Fat Boyz in Grimes Saturday evening at 7PM. Big Creek is a great fishery that holds panfish, bass, walleye, white bass, and the occasional musky. But target those bluegill and crappie, you’ll want to bring the best 5 of each to the weight in. Big Creek is open to 100 teams. Last year we had a field of 29 teams that hit the ice at the 8AM start. We’re expecting at least twice that many teams for this year’s event. For more information and to register for the event visit the Recycled Fish Big Creek Hardwater Open website here… Big Creek Hardwater Open
(link in case the hyperlink doesn’t work http://www.recycledfish.org/our-programs/on-ice-tour/big-creek-hardwater-open-tournament.htm)
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Ben Leal

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Recycled Fish On Ice Hardwater Opens
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:41 PM »
Hey gang!!...Well as of today looks like we have 15 spots left for the Okoboji Hardwater Open... Jump on in folks...the waters...FROZEN...  8) ::) .. Spread the word if you know anyone that has been thinking about it or would like more info   :)

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Any update on ice thickness in the emerson area?
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline Ben Leal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Have not heard any reports.. I'll have to ask around tomorrow while I'm making a few phone calls.. By the way..we have about 11 spots left in the tournament... so c'mon in and join us!!

Here's your first chance to take home a piece of Recycled Fish Hardwater Open ice!! Wouldn't one of these look great on your desk?  ;D

Offline Ben Leal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2011, 07:35 AM »
Good Morning Gang!!!
The Big Creek Hardwater Open is just around the corner folks. Just waned to shoot out another note and let you all know that you've still got plenty of time to get in to the tournament. We had a great turn out for Okoboji and we'd love to see another great turn out for Big Creek. The ice bash this year is being held at Fatboyz in Grimes, that will be Saturday evening at 7PM. We'll be out on the ice Saturday for pre-fishing and a free on ice lunch around noon..

C'mon out and join us! Be great to see you all out on the ice this year! Have questions? Drop a note or give me a call...641-417-8996

http://www.recycledfish.org/our-programs/on-ice-tour/big-creek-hardwater-open-tournament.htm

Tight lines all and we'll see you out on the ice in two weeks!!  ;D

Offline Ben Leal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Hey Guys! As we stand right now we're at about 25 teams for the Big Creek Hardwater Open, don't have an exact count since some are still coming in via snail mail. I would expect that we'll have over 30 teams by the time we hit tournament time on Sunday.

There is still plenty of room in the tournament and we'll take registrations all the way up to the ice bash. So if you are still thinking about it, come out to the Ice Bash on Saturday, Fatboyz in Grimes 7PM. We'll gladly take your registrations there!

As far as the payout, I'll wait a few more days, do some math and then post an expected payout and to what place we'll pay. It will likely be higher since I will be posting the information based on paid registration on that date.

If you have any questions at all, drop a note or call...641-417-8996.. see you all on Saturday!!   :mrgreen:

Offline Ben Leal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 05:35 AM »
Hey gang!!!

Well first off...THANKS!! to everyone that participated and helped out with the event. It was a blast to have 38 teams out on the ice this year. From an earlier post you can see the 7:30AM was literally a launch!!.. Vandy was headin out to nail em... nice riding on the snowmobile buddy!

Congrats goes out to Team Humpal who came in first place. Second Place went to Team Vex, and Third Place to Team Panfish Patrol. I've got a full report on the Recycled Fish website blog for everyone to read so I'll post a link here for you all.

Great times were had by all and it's all in part to your participation. It was another great tournament and we are looking forward to seeing you all out there next year. Thanks again guys and gals! Tight lines!   :mrgreen:

Full report here -www.recycledfish.org/blog/uncategorized/2nd-annual-big-creek-hardwater-open/#more-3362

First Place Team - Team Humpal

Second Place Team - Team Vex

Third Place Team - Team Panfish Patrol

Berkley Big Fish Award - Team Blaze Orange

Here are a bunch of pics for you all to check out. Many of these are duplicated on Recycled Fish Blog post, but here they are as well. Thanks again guys!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.