Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: ice conditions  (Read 753 times)

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
ice conditions
« on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:11 PM »
i was at hooper today from about 1 until 3. there was alot of water on the ice, though the ice is still 10-12"
there was a few small spots that water was bubbling out of. the bite was on

jt

Offline bn2hunt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:54 PM »
What where you catching and how big?  I would like to make it out to hooper and aquabi this weekend if time allows.

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009, 06:14 PM »
actually right out in the middle i caught probably 20 in about an hour and a half. 1 crappie around 9" and 2 redear around 10 and a few around 8". just deadsticking about a foot to 18" off the bottom. shoot me a message when you are going out... i may be able to slip out if your going alone and need some company.

either way be careful out there, there was spots with water bubbling up threw the ice...doen't look good to me but its my first year on the ice too.

jt

Offline bn2hunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Doesn't sound good for making it out this weekend, My neighbor just called and asked me to help him work on his truck.  And since he has the auger, sounds like I'm working on a truck this weekend.  If we do make it out it will probably be Sunday morning, I'll PM you if we end up going out. We might wait until it gets colder again not worth falling through.

The ice gives me the creeps when its this warm and there is a bunch of runoff on top of it.  Seen several guys sitting out on the ice on farm ponds on the way home with water standing all around them. 

Offline bn2hunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Got the truck running so we're going to go check it out tomorrow morning around 8:30.  If it doesn't look safe enough we'll just turn around and go home.  It'll freeze again this year and I don't feel like falling through a thin spot so we'll see.  If you head out there in the morning I drive a dark blue f150 with a plate of bn2hunt.

Dan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.