Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Badger Creek  (Read 784 times)

Offline old time jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
Badger Creek
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 09:52 PM »
In the true spirit of this forum here goes.
I fished the west end of the roadbed today(2-12) in 14ft-ow approx. 125 to 150yds out from shore to the south side of the roadbed,if you look you will see about 12 hole scattered in a line and where three houses sat.Fished from 11am to sundown,all three houses caught limits(bluegill)some were small and had to go back to grow up but action was steady.The crappie were just starting to bite when I noticed the rear tire on my truck was real low (nail in tire)so I had to make a hasty exit.The fish today would spook if you jigged they wanted it still,if you jigged they would scatter.
                      good luck to all ,see ya on the ice
I would rather be fishing,wait i probably am!

Offline cubby

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Badger Creek
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2009, 09:57 PM »
I fished Badger tonight too, and we did alright.  It was not as good as it has been.  We caught lots of fish but lots of sorting.  I did notice the water was starting to get murky. 

Offline old time jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I had to do some sorting also,some really small.The water seemed to be a little clearer than a week ago.
I'm sure all the lakes and ponds will be hit hard this weekend
I would rather be fishing,wait i probably am!

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Was the production crew gone that was filming the movie? I tried to go Wed and they had it closed off. Now the place is going to be a swamp for awhile. Hopefully there will be good conditions next week.

Offline cubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2009, 09:18 PM »
No filming going on yesterday and the ice was in great shape.  I am sure it is sloppy now.  That would suck if you were heading out to your favorite spot and you couldn't because they are filming a movie. 

Offline frostyicecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Ya , it's some movie called Ticket to ride. It was fun watching them land a twin engine plane on the ice the week before.

Better be a good movie since I had to go somewhere else.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2009, 06:21 AM »
I was out on Badger Friday and Saturday.  Yep it is pretty wet on top now.  Some places there is 3 inches of water on top, especially right in front of the ramp on the east side.

Caught my limit of bluegills both days and also had a few crappie to show for my efforts as well.   There were a couple of trucks on the ice Friday. Not sure that was too bright!
take care,
Dave  :>)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.