Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Storm Lake  (Read 612 times)

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Storm Lake
« on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:13 PM »
I've been out there twice in the last week but only got a couple takers.  I'll slap my jig on the bottom and get em flying in on the Vex but only a few will bite, most of them lightly and I'll miss em.  Anyone having any better luck out there?  Seen lots of trucks out there and hearing varying reports.  Just thought I'd see if you any of you knew anything.

I've been fishing the northeast side of the island, coming in off Terrance Street where most of the traffic is.  Most takers have been off pink or firetiger buckshot rattlers tipped with minnows.

Offline pwking

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Storm Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:38 AM »
We were there Saturday and had some luck. Most weren't too hungry for what we were offering but we did manage a few keepers on a variety of jigs tipped with minnow heads.

Offline magnusthebigbrownlab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Fished Storm first time out this year back in December.  I snagged a shad on my jiggin' rap, my buddy got one dink crappie on a pimple w/ a minnow head.  Over by the park. 
Be professional.  Be polite.  But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I might try it once more, my Iowa fishing days are all but used up.  Then again I might pass and head up to Spirit Lake a day early and burn up the rest of my fishing time up there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.