Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: winterfest derby at Manawa a bust  (Read 1032 times)

Offline sonman

• IceShanty Rookie
winterfest derby at Manawa a bust
« on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I fished the derby this saturday to no avail once again.  I drilled and drilled and drilled holes and could not find the bite.  All week I caught fish then they disappear for the tourney.  I marked fish all over, just couldn't get them to bite.  The only bite I got was from the dnr.  I got harassed for not changing my driver license over from nebraska to iowa within thirty days of moving.  Kept me from fishing for about an hour as he tried to figure out what to charge me with.  Then said he would mail me a ticket with out ever telling me the amount or the charges.  I'm going to call him five times a day in the summer so he can chase the mexicans around taking illegal fish.   

Offline Outdoor_Joe_26

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: winterfest derby at Manawa a bust
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  I guess I'm glad I didn't go.  I fished it for three years and never got a bite, or a door prize.  It's fun if you don't go there with high hopes.  As for the DNR guy he needs to get his priorities straight!  You had your license, he needs to spend more time looking for the people who don't have one and poach!  But all in all it beats work!   ;D
God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!<br /><br />[IMG]

Offline sonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:15 PM »
You're right it beat working.  We did have fun up until the DNR ordeal.  I did win a door prize a hat from hy-vee.

Offline bluegillbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2009, 08:21 PM »
Sonman, You should come over to Creston this weekend to fish and drowned your sorrows.  The fishing at 12 mile was good Sunday  8)

Offline sonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Think I will purchase a submarine and spear fish.  They will never catch me under the water.  Only problem is its hard to drink beer under water. 

Offline Outdoor_Joe_26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Think I will purchase a submarine and spear fish.  They will never catch me under the water.  Only problem is its hard to drink beer under water. 

Beer can be drank under any conditions with the right equipment!  Case in point I am drinking one now with a nagging girlfriend in my ear...However, no real equipment is required for this cirumstance. 
God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!<br /><br />[IMG]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.