Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Slot limit-Clear lake  (Read 1233 times)

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Slot limit-Clear lake
« on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:20 AM »
Whats your opinion on a slot limit for clear lake? I am all for a slot limit. This will keep quality fish in lake and will help with gill neting in the spring. Release 17-22 the inch?

Offline nick858

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Slot limit-Clear lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:31 AM »
I was suprised they didnt add Clear Lake in when they did that with the IGL and Storm.   Im all for it!

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009, 07:47 AM »
Count me in on it too...  with how the fishing is this winter I believe that they need to do something.  It is almost like if you don't like catching yellows then don't bother going there anymore.  Yellows are alright to catch but a person gets tired of only catching them every time you go out.

Offline Bull_Gill_Mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2009, 11:35 AM »
I agree

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I disagree.  There are no signs yet that it is working at Okoboji.  Every walleye I have caught up there in the last two years is still bellow 13".  Everybody just needs to chill.  As many yellow bass that get taken out of clear every year I'm surprised any are left, but there is just like the walleyes.  Has the yellow bass fishing been as good this year compared to others?

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Diehard Chicago Bears Fan!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2009, 12:46 PM »
I really don't have an opinion on if they should or should not as I can't catch a dang fish on that lake anyway. >:(  I am jinxed.  I think the 4 years I have fished it, which probably totals a grand total of about 10 times on the lake, I have caught a total of 20 yellow bass, 4 bullhead, 3 channel catfish, 3 crappie, and 1 keeper walleye and about 3 too small.

Offline Big_Ron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2009, 02:28 PM »
I am not from that area but my grandparents live near there so I fish it once in a while we have slot limits here on the mississippi on walleye it took 5 years to see it start working now we see more 30" walleye cought than we ever have so I think slot limits do work just takes time to see results.

Offline SHANTYTOWN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2009, 11:49 PM »
Yellow bass reproduce naturally in clear lake. eyes need to be milked and stocked. Who cares about the yellow bass... they are good eating, but they often get in the way of walleye fishing. yes, the yellows are biting good. hmmm... where are the eyes?! In every ones freezer!

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2009, 03:11 PM »
On the lakes up in Minnesota the slot limits have helped those lakes come back around and has been a tremendous sucess story.  It just takes time to actually see the results of having it put into place and enforced.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.