Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Got out this mornin  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
Got out this mornin
« on: Feb 02, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Got out for about 2 hours this mornin. Fished from 10 ti 12. I didn't kill em, but I did end up with 17 nice Bluegills.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Got out this mornin
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Where were you fishing?  ;D
EYECONICFISHING

Offline dpcfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Glad to see them biting
I noticed you've been a registered shanty member since 2004.
Been away for awhile or just lurking in the shadows?
Glad to see more Quad Cities guys posting..
All the encouragement we can get..

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Fishin a DEEP lil pond North of the cities. They all came outta 16 fow. As soon as I drilled the hole, I saw fish, and I'll be danged if they weren't hungery. THey ain't been for a while. The last 4 times I went there I'd watch em on the Vex swim up to it, and just look. They only bit for about 40 minutes, then they were tight mouthed agin.
I kinda just forgot about the place. My main passion is Ducks/Geese. Always on them sites. Just started coming back here.

Lance
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Fishin a DEEP lil pond North of the cities. They all came outta 16 fow. As soon as I drilled the hole, I saw fish, and I'll be danged if they weren't hungery. THey ain't been for a while. The last 4 times I went there I'd watch em on the Vex swim up to it, and just look. They only bit for about 40 minutes, then they were tight mouthed agin.
I kinda just forgot about the place. My main passion is Ducks/Geese. Always on them sites. Just started coming back here.

Lance

How many ducks did you get this year?

Horrible year. We got 19 total I think.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2009, 06:11 PM »
My boat killed 276, not a good year at all. We normally kill double that.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2009, 06:23 PM »
MY GOD!!! Where did you hunt?

We hunted the ceder down by conesville. Got a friend with 100 acres with 2 pond along the river. We have a blind on each pond and one on the river.

Killed 19 and never took a shot at a goose.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline TRCrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:00 PM »
Nice fish, have experienced the same thing with bluegills all season.  Short bite, but can put quite a few on the ice during that time if you hit it right.  Was wondering what they were on the vexilar so put a camera down a couple of days ago.  Swim up look and leave.

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:09 PM »
We hunt Princeton, Green Island and the river. We work hard forour birds. Killed most of em the last 2 weeks. We were bustin' 2-5" of ice to get out to where they were.

LaNCE

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:19 PM »
We hunt Princeton, Green Island and the river. We work hard forour birds. Killed most of em the last 2 weeks. We were bustin' 2-5" of ice to get out to where they were.

LaNCE

We ususally hunt princeton or the river but we hunted the ceder all last year. Where abouts do you hunt on the river?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:42 PM »
From Green Island to LeClaire. Mostly North of Clinton tho. I didn't get out today. I will be going to where we talked about tomorrow tho.

lance

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2009, 04:48 PM »
From Green Island to LeClaire. Mostly North of Clinton tho. I didn't get out today. I will be going to where we talked about tomorrow tho.

lance

I hunt just down river from lock 14.

Do you hunt with Keith Louck by chance?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2009, 04:59 PM »
BUBBA? Ya from time to time.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:01 PM »
BUBBA? Ya from time to time.

My fathers on the Waterfowl USA commitee with him.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2009, 08:11 PM »
REally? Who's yourdad? I was suppose to get on there and then work got in the way.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2009, 08:18 PM »
My dad is Stan Erickson
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:10 AM »
OK ya I know who Stan is.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Get out today?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Yep. Goin out tomorrow too. You goin to Burlington for the callin contest Saturday?

Got out today to a lil lake I've never fished before. Wasn't too bad. I didn't kill em, but I got a few. Ended up with 7 Gills, a nice Bass. and my first ever Trout thru the ice. The Bass, and the Trout were released. I woulda kept the Trout, but you have to have a Trout stamp in Iowa, and since I don't go after em any more, I don't have one.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Naw im going ice fishing instead. I havent been there since it was in that hotel lobby around the pool. It was so loud I could hear a ringing in my ears for 3 days.

Im asuming you caught those at "the lake"? did you fish where I told you?
I think my father might go to "the lake" tomarrow. He drives a tan chevy taho, maybe you'l see him.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline B.K.G.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Good job hope I can do that tomorrow ::)

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Ya that's where I went. I started where you advised, but ended up by that lil bay at theend. Saw fish at the other place, they just wouldn't hit. I drilled 30 some holes to find those, and when they really started to bit, 2:30, I had to go. :'(

Offline dpcfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Not many trout "lakes" around here .
Let's hope they stock it heavy next spring, don't want to waste my trout stamp.
Looking like a great weekend guys.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:40 PM »
I know, I cant wait. Havent figured out where to go though. My fathers at the lake first spoken about on this thread right now and hes only caught dink perch. "The Lake" Is another option but im not sure I want to drill 30 holes LOL. Anyone hear anything from hansens? Thats about my last option other than "the lake".
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 06, 2009, 07:46 AM »
Hansens is DEAD. EVERY one I talked to has said the same thing. NO fish. They have been picking up a few Crappies in Rock Creek, but that's a walk unless you know some one that has a cabin you can park at.

Lance

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.