Author Topic: Battery life on Lowrance elite 5  (Read 3120 times)

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
Battery life on Lowrance elite 5
« on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:43 PM »
I was wondering how is the battery life on elite 5 roughly how many hours you get from good battery on a full charge ?

Offline Scout 24

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Battery life on Lowrance elite 5
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2014, 07:28 AM »
My buddies 7amp battery lasts a typical 6+ hour trip but he just bought it last year. I run a HDS 5/GPS on a 9 amp Vex battery and can go all day (6-7+) hours without charging. Upgrade to the 9amp when you need to replace, reportedly 30% greater run time. Hope you like your unit, love the Navionics maps and ability to mark hotspots, almost feels like cheating going to a new lake and knowing the bottom contours. BTW, had used Vexs and never looked back, so nice not to have to constantly look at the screen, mine will easily mark a 5mm tungsten and spikes to 50 feet and shows crappie launching off bottom like an ICBM to intercept, almost a 100% take when you see that. Will also show them sitting on bottom as a slight gold line. One neat thing on the HDS, cruising fish out on the periphery show a dark blue line, as they get closer it turns red and when they are directly under you, right on your jig, they mark as bright gold.

Garmin just came out with a 5" Chirp sounder that I'd love to convert for ice fishing, have an 8" Garmin chirp on my saltwater boat and it's incredible in deep water, can't image adapting their new side scan for ice fishing, no more swinging the transducer. My boat Chirp does suck up the battery however.

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Not sure the Ah but what ever battery comes with the stock soft pack is what I got 2 years ago.  I usually fish from 7:30am to 8:30pm and in my Heated Flipover.  The Battery symbol on bottom left seems to be stuck on FULL, never seen it go down.  I also IMMEDIATELY recharge it when I get home.  so 13 hours (maybe more)?  You can do a discharge test at home but this will be accurate if your shanty is about same as house temp.

Good Luck & BLESS
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline DJA222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Ive ran mine all weekend without charging and didnt run the battery down below half. that was over 16hrs of use inside a flipover most of the time.

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I saw the Lowrance bag can hold 2 batteries and I was hoping I wouldn't need 2 for a whole day.

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2014, 02:53 PM »
  has a battery display demo and is Elite-5 too enjoy
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.