New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339020 times)

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #360 on: Feb 02, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Eastern did you park at the marina and get on there? Wassnt sure if anyone would give you any problems, it seems pretty provate

nope follow the signs and they will bring you to the county beach

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #361 on: Feb 02, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Looks like you were closer to the open water than I was....sounded like a train though when the wind was blowin'.

I'm addicted to perch...got a laker , 2 nice bass a cisco and lost another laker jigging perch today. I get just enough taste of catching other fish  so I don't bother jiggin' for lakers
man it was a bit nerve racking when the wind kicked up and the ice was making those noises,then got real sketchy when we started loosing ice and the ice seem to sink in certain spots.idk what happen just not so obsessed with perch this year like past years,but don't worry left with a full pale today  ;)

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #362 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Jon can't be at 22.  He only has 20 fingers and toes

LOL!

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #363 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Fished out of Huletts today. 4-5" black ice all the way out to the middle.  Laker bite shut off around 10.  Slow day with a lot of wind.  Great to be back on the ice.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #364 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:15 AM »
fishwd the same bay combsey fished. got a dozen slab perch. 3 lakers and 1 salmon. pics to come

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #365 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:22 AM »
fishwd the same bay combsey fished. got a dozen slab perch. 3 lakers and 1 salmon. pics to come

pics or it didn't happen   ;D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #366 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:20 AM »
and i got my  first vex!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #367 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:00 AM »
Yeah your dad said you guys got one.    How was the night bite with David.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline matthews88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #368 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:16 AM »
man it was a bit nerve racking when the wind kicked up and the ice was making those noises,then got real sketchy when we started loosing ice and the ice seem to sink in certain spots.idk what happen just not so obsessed with perch this year like past years,but don't worry left with a full pale today  ;)
.  MeLworm is it tr
ue they used mats to kill off the weed beds in harris bay want to make the trip up for perch driving from oneonta just asking if the perch are still there if all weed beds are gone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #369 on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Fished out of Huletts today. 4-5" black ice all the way out to the middle.  Laker bite shut off around 10.  Slow day with a lot of wind.  Great to be back on the ice.
I like that spot..how far out? I only caught big perch out there last time even though i was set up for lakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #370 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:13 AM »

it was dead! i need to find a new crappy lake. you wanna go out soon?

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #371 on: Feb 03, 2013, 12:27 PM »
looks like greg got a nice one

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #372 on: Feb 03, 2013, 01:28 PM »
If you look. To the left of Greg you can see me, prchslyr and the rest of the crew lol. We only had like 12 of us out there

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #373 on: Feb 03, 2013, 03:20 PM »
wow laker bite was tough for me today got none big ole skunk on the day >:(,marked a ton of fish just no takers,but it was beautiful out there.when we first got on the laker spot my buddy found a mourning dove frozen to the ice,he put is shanty over the dove and cranked up the heat till the dove was able to free itself,the dove hung out in my buddys shack and rested on his gloves till about noon then it took off,it didn't get to far before it landed on the ice again,the poor thing was injured pretty bad so we let it be and let nature run her course.couple of the guys i fished iced  4  lakers then when i left they went and hit the perch beds.saw that most of the open water by the sagamore and NW bay down to south of cotton point froze or refroze this am  :).it would be nice to get on some other deep water laker grounds.well we'll see what happens next weekend, back to the work thing tmrw  :'(
i know how much everybody loves pics so heres a few from the day

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #374 on: Feb 03, 2013, 03:22 PM »
.  MeLworm is it tr
ue they used mats to kill off the weed beds in harris bay want to make the trip up for perch driving from oneonta just asking if the perch are still there if all weed beds are gone
perch fishing is fine on harris just have to find them ,i'm not sure if harris has mats or not  iknow a few bays have mats to try to kill off asian clams

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #375 on: Feb 03, 2013, 03:24 PM »
wheres the salmon pics ????!!!

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #376 on: Feb 03, 2013, 03:40 PM »
You're right we all love pics and that was a nice thing to do trying to help out that dove :) karma will be on his side.

Glad to hear it glazed over again...gonna be windy tomorrow maybe it'll hold up.

Taking a vacation day tomorrow...probably sail around the ice in the flip-over :o

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #377 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Nice.  Now I don't feel so bad.  Can't believe you missed your limit. 

Offline oglenforfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #378 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:44 PM »
Went to Harris today some one had a fourwheeler out there and was fine by next weekend I hope I don't have to walk! :) we had 5 to 6 inches every were.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #379 on: Feb 03, 2013, 05:25 PM »
yea i got a quick 40 and no phone!! did mark 2 lakers out there right at dusk. be back out in the am in a black shappelle 4000 shanty

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #380 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Tough bite on Sat.  Caught 1 short while looking for Perch.  Marked plenty of Lakers in deeper water, but no customers.  Might fish Tues.

Offline jigewidit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #381 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:40 PM »
fished off peak 9-2,Diamond Pt. managed enough for a good meal. ice was 4" and cracking - pressure ridge close to shore was getting a little iffy in the blazen sun.  :tipup:

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #382 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Looking to get out Wednesday. Would like to go for perch and lakers. Kingfisher you still out there ?

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #383 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:17 PM »
I like that spot..how far out? I only caught big perch out there last time even though i was set up for lakers
Probably about a third of the way across, I just walk out until I hit 75-80 feet, then move around.  I
took a walk out to the middle just to test the thickness.  I usually like to fish farther out, but the wind was too
wicked on Saturday.
A bent rod is a good rod!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #384 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:30 PM »
i plan on getting back out there and pul up a laker or two this week hopefully we wont get any snow that day or i will be stuck again ahaha

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #385 on: Feb 04, 2013, 06:55 AM »
walked on the ice at about 630 yesterday strait out from the beach at hearthstone. we ran tip ups from about 70 ft to a 100fow. had 3 flags by 730 with 2 short lakers to show for it. I want to say thank you to those who have given me tips on jigging lakers. Got 4 yesterday on the jigging rod and will be back first thing Saturday morning to try to get my numbers up. what a great time that is.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #386 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:14 AM »
any of you guys ever fish for lakers at night? got real hooked on jigging them yesterday and wont be able to make it out for a morning/day trip until the weekend. but if theres a chance I could get into them after dark ill shoot up a couple nights after work. thanks for any info.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #387 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:27 AM »
walked on the ice at about 630 yesterday strait out from the beach at hearthstone. we ran tip ups from about 70 ft to a 100fow. had 3 flags by 730 with 2 short lakers to show for it. I want to say thank you to those who have given me tips on jigging lakers. Got 4 yesterday on the jigging rod and will be back first thing Saturday morning to try to get my numbers up. what a great time that is.
Hey Jimi, Welcome to the addiction.  I started jigging for them three years ago and haven't stopped yet.  I don't know about the night thing.  To me they seem to shut down before dark thirty.  If you don't have electronics yet, that makes the game even more fun. 

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #388 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:11 AM »
I have a showdown ice troller I let others use and I use my hummingbird matrix 12 fish finder off my boat.  Had some guys tell me the fish finder wouldny work that well unless I got a ice ducer for it. Well I love it as is. Can see my jig clear down  100 + and can seefish chasing clear as day. Also can zoom quite a bit on bottom and can see my jig lifting just a couple inches off bottom. Needless to say ill be back out jigging asap and the tip ups will be in the shed.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #389 on: Feb 04, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Well I joined the " iPhone down the hole " club today. Snagged two lakers and left with 41 perch. Perch were getting bigger when I decided to test the " gravitational pull " an ice hole has theory. Gets it every time. And by it I mean anything you drop while ice fishing lol. I dropped down right after and nailed a pig. Had to leave couldn't take it, tomorrow I'm going to try a camera see if I can snag it. Still ringing not going straight to voicemail so there's hope. Or at least the otter box is salvageable.
We did really well first thing in the morning where I set up. I should have made my way over to you earlier on. I could see you guys rippin' lips from where I was. I had a hard time leaving the marks on my flasher that just wouldn't bite.
I layed the law down on a few people over the weekend for calling my phone when they know I'm fishing. I think momma is still mad at me. ;D I'll pick up my phone if I'm supposed to be meeting someone or one of my kids are calling. Everything else has to wait until I'm done.  ;D
Overall a good weekend for my boys and I. It was the last weekend my youngest will be able to fish this year. They took 60 on Saturday. I was happy he was able to kill em one last time this year. I took 30 more yesterday. I had a 2 hour session with the fillet board last night that seemed never ending. We've piled 7 quarts of fillets in the freezer this year and have eaten about as much. I've got some major things happening that are going to put a damper on the fishing for the kids and I. Hopefully we're back in action before all the ice is gone.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.