Author Topic: Spring sounders  (Read 1434 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Spring sounders
« on: Dec 02, 2022, 09:35 AM »
I think I have one left…I use to buy them at Merrimack bait and tackle..not sure they have them anymore ..curious if any other folks have run across these types in Nh..these on eBay are like 15 bucks each which is ridiculous ..just curious

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spring sounders
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2022, 11:23 AM »
 they are hard to find, I have several plus some of the alligator clip types...

Donny Nukem, passed away last spring I think Cross roads B&T took the place over
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2022, 12:06 PM »
I have some of those.  I hate them!!!  I much prefer the aligator clip type.  Much easier to deal with and get on and off the hook with wet cold hands.

Out of curiousity why do you like them?

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2022, 12:40 PM »
Never seen the spring style before, I've got a couple of the roach clip kind but usually use sonar to set my button.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2022, 01:30 PM »
Only kind  I have ever used..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2022, 02:30 PM »
I think I have one left…I use to buy them at Merrimack bait and tackle..not sure they have them anymore ..curious if any other folks have run across these types in Nh..these on eBay are like 15 bucks each which is ridiculous ..just curious

I'm pretty sure I've seen spring style sounders at Walmart. Not that exact one, but ones made by HT.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2022, 02:37 PM »

Here is 1 of many , hey Dom yours look a little burnt 🤪

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2022, 02:53 PM »
Here is 1 of many , hey Dom yours look a little burnt 🤪

What the F is that supposed to mean pal ……

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:07 PM »
  What the F is that supposed to mean pal ……

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:08 PM »
I still have a few of the spring ones, not much paint left on them. Believe they came from Taylor’s Trading post
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:15 PM »

Offline winnicookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:19 PM »
Hmmm. Sounds like the Ole roach clip sounder   :( ;D

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2022, 05:26 PM »
Fish whistle/depther multi tool! ;D ;D

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2022, 06:19 PM »
Alligator, bottom bouncing, leaded thingamabob thingie!
I have one or two somewhere, replaced by sonar! 😊
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2022, 06:32 PM »
Bass casting sinker with split ring attached to an alligator clip.
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2022, 06:32 PM »
I actually don’t use them I just use my flasher.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:50 PM »
they are hard to find, I have several plus some of the alligator clip types...

Donny Nukem, passed away last spring I think Cross roads B&T took the place over
ya I was pretty bummed when Donnie died ..I use to love to stop in and shoot the breeze back in the day ..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:53 PM »
I have some of those.  I hate them!!!  I much prefer the aligator clip type.  Much easier to deal with and get on and off the hook with wet cold hands.

Out of curiousity why do you like them?
I like them because they tend to stay on the hook better than the aligator clip ones or maybe it’s just the nostalgic factor of my uncle making home made ones and giving them to us for Christmas

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:54 PM »
I still have a few of the spring ones, not much paint left on them. Believe they came from Taylor’s Trading post
sad part last season I had like 5 and every trip out someone needs one and I never get it back ..

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:55 PM »
I use the gator clip style but they do pop off occasionally
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 02, 2022, 08:56 PM »
sad part last season I had like 5 and every trip out someone needs one and I never get it back ..
I borrow stuff like that I always give it back. That sux man. I hear that
Salmonemia

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2022, 01:36 PM »
Wayne had some at Lewis bait in concord last year and I bought 1 but the spring wasnt as tight as the older ones and it popped off my size 6 hook and dropped to the bottom..delt with the alligators after that

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2022, 01:51 PM »
I prefer the spring type as well. Every time I see them, I buy them. I've definitely seen them in NH every now and then. Trying to remember where I've bought them. I don't go to a ton of different bait shops so I'm thinking most likely I may have seen a few back when AJ's was open or maybe Tackle Shack. Could have been W.H Sports as well....
Tight Lines!

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2022, 02:24 PM »
I use the gator clip style but they do pop off occasionally

I drill a small hole in the clip to put the hook through and put the rest of the hook between the teeth of the clip.I never lost one after that. Thank me later.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 03, 2022, 05:13 PM »

I had a couple of the spring ones - unpainted - think I got them at County Stores years back... next time I'm in I'll have to look.  Usually use the clip style cause I can easily hang it on my jacket/bibs.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 03, 2022, 06:49 PM »
I had a couple of the spring ones - unpainted - think I got them at County Stores years back... next time I'm in I'll have to look.  Usually use the clip style cause I can easily hang it on my jacket/bibs.

Haha yes! I pulled out my gear and found one still stuck to my wool vest!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2022, 10:07 PM »
I drill a small hole in the clip to put the hook through and put the rest of the hook between the teeth of the clip.I never lost one after that. Thank me later.
Thank  you
Salmonemia

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 07, 2022, 12:02 PM »

hey J. This is the only style I'll use as well. Hate the clip style. The last time I bought some was at Suds. But I think Jason who is now at Pawtuckaway trading post, is stocking them.
Hope you do well at the Rock this year!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 07, 2022, 08:04 PM »
hey J. This is the only style I'll use as well. Hate the clip style. The last time I bought some was at Suds. But I think Jason who is now at Pawtuckaway trading post, is stocking them.
Hope you do well at the Rock this year!
thanks..I’ll have one of the boys stop in and get some ..looking forward to hanging out ..hope it gets cold soon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.