The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: houghton lake ice?..  (Read 734 times)

Offline icefishingashton

• IceShanty Rookie
houghton lake ice?..
« on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Anybody know what houghton lake is doing on ice and if there is any machines on there?..

Offline Diehard_fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im a diehard fisherman, obviously.
Re: houghton lake ice?..
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:48 PM »
oh yeah people are out there on those sail board things and i heard lymans was putting shanties out, and that there was 3-5". I drove past it today, saw a shanty waaaaaaay out there. its a big lake tho, I only seen a fraction.  lots of lakes up here are thickening quick.

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:20 PM »
I was on it today, out from Cut River.  At least four inches, around the edges where I was.  Seems to be a lot of cracks.  Be careful.  I was afraid to cross one of them, by the North Shore DNR Launch.  I'm a chicken. 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Offline icefishingashton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:56 PM »
cool thanks for the heads up....I appreciate it.....our bay isnt quiete ready for machines yet so im looking for somewhere to go until it is!

Offline Weatherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2013, 11:16 PM »
I parked behind Harvey Marine and fishing 150 yds from the shore on 12/31/12 and we had about 4" of ice. Also agree that we had seen and heard a lot of ice cracks and ice cracking sounds but once again got used to it - all was okay.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.