Author Topic: Eyoyo under water camera  (Read 1681 times)

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eyoyo under water camera
« on: Feb 06, 2018, 09:15 PM »
Has anyone ever used this brand before ? My Auquaview [the original scout ] finnaly bit the dust. The Eyoyo seemed to get good reviews on amazon, which is where i purchased it from. I haven't used it in the water yet, but it has a great picture in the house. 7 inch color screen , led lights and a nice carry case. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one. thanks in advance.

Offline numbtoes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • numbtoes
Re: Eyoyo under water camera
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2018, 09:34 PM »
I have been using one this year. So far so good. I use a Marcum tripod and remote to turn the camera. The thin cable will slip so I use a dollar shop paper clamp to prevent that. I bought an extra battery pack ($20 online) but so far only need one battery for an entire day use. The light at night doesn't seem to scare the fish but it lights up all the plankton making visibility only good for a few feet. During the day I can see 6-10' depending on the water clarity. Now will see how long it lasts. My last cheap black & white camera lasted 10 years before I gave it to my grandson still working. Good luck. 

Offline jpohlic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:00 PM »
I bought one and when I first got it it only showed a blue screen with "no signal". Tried reconnecting all the wires a few times and got a bit of flickering video, but eventually packed it up to return it. Decided to try it once more the next day and it was working.

I used it on the lake this weekend and was quite impressed. Picture quality was very good, better than I was expecting, and battery life was ok, about 5 hours. It would have been more but I forgot to unplug the led lights when we weren't fishing and they ran for 6-7 hours without the camera on.

One negative that I noticed was with the screen. It has very good picture quality but only when viewed straight on. From even a slight angle the screen looked darker with much less contrast.

Other than that it seems like a decent camera for the price.

I have until the middle of March to return it, will update then

The more I fish, the less I know about fishing...
Send me a PM if you'd like info about how I built my ice shack

Offline Jim F

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2018, 09:17 AM »
I bought the small 3.5 inch one this winter. Playing with it in the house I was quite surprised.
Due to unforeseen circumstances I have not been able to get out to try it for real :(
Mine only showed a blue screen initially and I thought great, more chinese crap. Looking it over,
I saw a little tiny hole that is a reset button. Pushed it once, all has been well
Get bit!

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2018, 08:58 AM »
I use AquaVu 3.5" and w my HB sonar is great set up for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.