Author Topic: waterman's today  (Read 1970 times)

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
waterman's today
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Got out there about 11:00,late start,slow the first 1 1/2 hour's then 2 pike back to back. I didn't have my scale or camera but I'd say they were easily 11  to 12 lbs.Going there again tomorrow with my brother and a buddy .  iF ANYONE IS INTERESTED WE'RE THINKING TOURNEY SATURDAY ,LET ME KNOW.largest pike 5.00 a head  maybe the same for bass.There will be a least 8 guy's with me.
[img]

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: waterman's today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:56 AM »
I'll be out there Sunday with a few guys (last Sunday was a great day). Good luck on Saturday, leave a few for us.

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I'll be out there Sunday with a few guys (last Sunday was a great day). Good luck on Saturday, leave a few for us.
[/quote    I will be ther saturday and sunday, will be in the cove  where the pool slides are near the island with the bridge
[img]

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Hope to see you there.  We have the Clam on the south shore near the marina.

Offline fishing girl forever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:50 AM »
i am heading out on waterman's for the first time in years on saturday.  any recomendations as to good fishing spots out there?
-*Kristen*-

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:55 AM »
We've had luck along the south side between coves but we saw some guys hitting on the north shore off the island with the tall pines last weekend.

Offline BASSRI

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Any good public access other than rt 44?  Thanks

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Not that I know of, we use my friends boss' place to get on.  Alot of people park at the resteraunts i guess.

Offline miked

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • jack perch
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Some guys park at the end of aldrich ave ,which is off snake hill rd .Turn onto aldrich when you come to a fork in the road stay to your left and follow to the end.Theres a path that leads to the pond.Not sure if i'll be ther on saturday  my brothers want to go to stump. ??? 
[img]

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay attention as the kids are always watching
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I would not park there if I were you things have changed and the cops come by and ticket certain areas. just a heads up thats a bad way to end a good day of fishing.  Private acess is the best way and the safest.

D3

Offline solomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2010, 08:29 AM »
I grew up in Scituate and when I was a kid we used to ride our bikes to the lake and rent sailboats. I think the guys name was Steere. He had a little marina there, we used to get in off West Greenville rd. Any way off 44 there is that ice scream joint and the other place that used to be a biker bar called the causeway, I know it was posted that private access is the best but If I park at either of those joints and head out to either of the two islands or work my way across to the point where Quarry rd is how do you think that would play? Either that or I could stay right along 44 and work my way towards the Steeres place.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and effort.

sol...

Offline BASSMAN STANN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~~~ FLAG-UP ! ~~~
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:30 PM »
I grew up in Scituate and when I was a kid we used to ride our bikes to the lake and rent sailboats. I think the guys name was Steere. He had a little marina there, we used to get in off West Greenville rd. Any way off 44 there is that ice scream joint and the other place that used to be a biker bar called the causeway, I know it was posted that private access is the best but If I park at either of those joints and head out to either of the two islands or work my way across to the point where Quarry rd is how do you think that would play? Either that or I could stay right along 44 and work my way towards the Steeres place.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and effort.

sol...

Steeres is guest only in the winter.
I know him fairly well. My brother use to keep his boat docked there.
~~~~     Otis the sled dog.    ~~~~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.