Author Topic: Fair price for a 2013 Ice Castle RV edition?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fair price for a 2013 Ice Castle RV edition?
« on: Dec 07, 2022, 12:49 PM »
Hi all,

I used to be frequent visitor here, but I took a few year hiatus from ice fishing due to my family schedule.  For better or worse the kids have grown up and doing other things, so I'm going to get back into ice fishing. 

I have an acquaintance that is looking to sell a 2013 Ice Castle RV edition, 17'. They are asking $13k. It sleeps 5 and has a bathroom and shower, bay window, fridge, stove, oven, AC, etc. They replaced the winches and cables but are having a problem with some binding trying to lower it. He had scheduled an appointment with a trailer repair shop and they are saying it's a $250 fix. Others have offered to buy it as is so he isn't going to bother with the repair. He is giving us first dibs if we want it. Is the $13k a fair price?

Thanks!
Timmer
Most of the tools, some of the skills!

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fair price for a 2013 Ice Castle RV edition?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2022, 01:14 PM »
I believe that is a good price especially since it's a 4 season unit, if the interior is a great shape that would be a plus, If all the lights work another plus if all those cosmetic things are good. Then your tires should be looked at if there is excessive wear on the face of the tires it means you have bearing issues in the hubs or bent drop down assembly. Also how old are the batteries if they are 2013 then they most likely are on there way out to be needing to be replaced. If anything I have posted is not been mentioned by the owner then that  means he is considering a best offer if you point these things out to him.
Best way to tell if you have bearing issues is to have him fix the problems with the drop down and get the weight off the tires and wiggle tires back a forth if there is any wiggle to the hub you have bearings depending on the wiggle that will need to be replaced. Good luck bud oh also check out Facebook, Craigslist or other online sites that have used ice castle for sale

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply lunkerslayer. 

I pulled the trigger on it.  He was forthright about the binding issue in his for sale ad.  He showed me his phone and he had over 30 people reaching out since he posted it last night, many wanting to come see it tonight, noting they would have cash in hand, etc.  We connected with the repair shop to discuss the hub binding issue so I was comfortable with the potential repair costs.   He took $500 off the price for the fix.  He stated he was happy to sell it to an acquaintance and to feel free to reach out with any questions.
Timmer

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2022, 08:29 PM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: :icefish: :tipup: Sounds like a good deal!! Let us know how it goes as you progress towards getting it ice ready!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2022, 08:37 PM »
Congrats Timmer.  Fishin in style this year!

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2022, 09:55 PM »
A shower stall would make a nice fish cleaning station. Don't know if ya need the toilet, but it would make a cool bait tank.

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2023, 05:17 PM »
A shower stall would make a nice fish cleaning station. Don't know if ya need the toilet, but it would make a cool bait tank.

That's funny!  We have a separate camper, so I'm covered in the warm months.  The shower and plumbed toilet didn't have that much value to me.  I put a dog bed on the shower floor and the dog thinks that's a pretty cool space so that's a win.  As far as the toilet, I've been around enough campers to know I don't trust plumbing in the winter or at the very least don't want to winterize everything after every use.   We are going to test a cat litter bag in over the toilet seat and disposing of things that way. 
Timmer

Offline Timmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2023, 05:21 PM »
Just following up in case anyone is interested.  I forgot to mention it had all new winches and cables.  I ended up putting about $800 into the axle fix and bought new tires.  All in all I think I came out pretty well for the price.  The real issue is all the accessories and toys I'm spending money on now that I have the ice fishing bug.
Timmer

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:04 PM »
Wow, an Ice Castle.  I will never feel the same pulling my tub.  LOL  Now I know what to trade- in the camper on - 4 seasons I did not know.  Now I can tour the country with my own castle.  Only in America!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.