The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St Catherine Conditions  (Read 2170 times)

Offline drillstone

• IceShanty Rookie
St Catherine Conditions
« on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Planning a trip up last week of Feb and looking for some condition reports for St Catherine.  We are renting a house and will be fishing the North side of Cone's Point road, was wondering how the Ice is and how fishing has been in that area so far this year.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Offline hillguy25

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: St Catherine Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2022, 07:33 AM »
Its all locked up, haven't hit it yet but going later this week, I'll update.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

Offline drillstone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2022, 04:36 AM »
I'll take any info you can give.  Thank you

Offline drillstone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2022, 09:04 AM »
Can someone give me an update on St Catherine condition, coming up from Ct next weekend and was wondering if I should be bringing 4x4 Quad with me

Offline sonny88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2022, 05:50 PM »
20" of hard ice with no snow on top. you'll need your keepers and it's supposed to rain the next two days.

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2022, 09:59 AM »
I have never fish St Catherine and have wanted to for many years.  I have an opportunity to go down in mid March.  I was looking at the index of lakes/ponds but could not find regulations for St Catherine on the list.  What is the bag limit and minimum length of brown trout?  As I understand it, the season closes 3/15.  It that correct?  Any tips on where to get bait and what bait I should use to target browns?

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2022, 11:57 AM »
I have never fish St Catherine and have wanted to for many years.  I have an opportunity to go down in mid March.  I was looking at the index of lakes/ponds but could not find regulations for St Catherine on the list.  What is the bag limit and minimum length of brown trout?  As I understand it, the season closes 3/15.  It that correct?  Any tips on where to get bait and what bait I should use to target browns?

St. Catherine falls under the General Fishing Regulations, Table 1.

Open harvest season is Jan 1 to March 15 for ice fishing. You could target trout with artificial lures and flies after that time until the open water harvest season in April. if you caught a trout  after March 15 on a baited tip up while fishing for pike or perch you would have to let it go.

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Atleast 20" of good ice anywhere I've fished on it in the last couple weeks, so getting to spots is easy - but the trout fishing seems to have slowed a little more every year.  We haven't put a single one on the ice this year. 

Offline BomoBrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2022, 04:27 PM »
Tom's in Bomoseen is a good bait shop.

Offline pokholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2022, 04:43 AM »
February is historically a slow month for trout fishing. Hopefully March picks up,  trout fishing has been slow at the Waterbury Rez as well.

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2022, 05:36 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  Greatly appreciated

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2022, 09:01 AM »
THere’s still plenty of good ice on St. C and even the shoreline is holding up well (until later today) but the fishing for almost any species on that lake seems to have declined every year for the last 4-5 years.  I’m not sure what’s up, but I”m about to abandon my home lake and go explore some new stuff. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.