Author Topic: Temps  (Read 1709 times)

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Temps
« on: Dec 23, 2023, 06:03 PM »
If the temps they are predicting for next two weeks hold true we may have some fishable ice in northern Indiana around end of first week in January 2024. Then again never trust the Creation to give us what we want.

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Temps
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2024, 12:37 PM »
mid-January starts to look hopeful again.  I haven't been on the water in a little bit now, so i'm not sure what the water temps are doing, but I would think their ready to go.  Just need that cold snap now

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2024, 04:40 PM »
They can't predict their ass with both hands!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2024, 02:27 PM »
They can't predict their ass with both hands!
I just looked at accuweather, the 16th thru the 19th is supposed to be in the teens for the high. Look at it tomorrow and it will probably be in the 40s

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2024, 02:52 PM »
Said it before, any forecast more than few days out is based on historical averages. And past weather has absolutely nothing to do with current weather.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2024, 09:02 PM »
I just watched a ryan hall video on YouTube.  The one model he shows has a huge blob of way below average temp forming over the west next weekend.  It will be interesting to see what comes of that.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2024, 07:27 AM »
Still looking pretty good after Tuesday. Getting close enough to the turn now that my hopes are up a bit, especially since we had ponds skimmed yesterday. It won't take long once the temps drop.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2024, 01:45 AM »
I just looked at accuweather, the 16th thru the 19th is supposed to be in the teens for the high. Look at it tomorrow and it will probably be in the 40s

But the following week shows highs around 40* with rain with lows just below freezing . Needs to get cold and stay cold. That could all change tomorrow.

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2024, 07:23 AM »
I'm not seeing any forecast with anything near 40 for the next 2 weeks. Even beyond the 17th is forecast below 30. I get it, "aNyThInG bEyOnD FiVe DaYs iS JuSt hIsToriCaL aVerA -- " but wunderground has been my bible for a long time and rarely are they off by more than a few degrees.

Good news as well is the fact that all this snow will be right before the cold snap. Things are looking up for us psychos!
Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2024, 08:40 AM »
All i'm seeing is wind and snow followed by a week of very good ice making temps then back to the 40's. What ice we get should hold a few days but i'm not expecting alot of safe ice on all northern indiana waters.

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2024, 09:37 AM »
Can someone send a link to where they're seeing 40 degrees after next week??

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2024, 11:31 AM »
accu weather, Wabash indiana

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2024, 01:23 PM »
That's over 2 weeks out. Slim chance that's even remotely accurate.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2024, 05:00 AM »
The farther we get into this week, the better the forecast keeps looking for this weekend into next week..  just hope that snow Friday missed us, or is minimal.  ;D

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2024, 09:32 AM »
Snow Friday shouldn't hurt anything.  I'm not showing any ice making Temps between now and the forecasted snow Friday. Anything locked up now should be open by the end of the day with all this rain and warm Temps. The projected wind after the snow and temp drop is looking like more of a problem,  at least for bigger unshielded waters.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2024, 09:39 AM »
Yeah, Friday and Saturday are looking pretty gusty. Betting most small stuff will be locked up tight by Sunday, but bigger water will definitely take longer.

I'm planning on having a scouting poke around Sunday afternoon just to see what things are looking like. I've tenatively taken a couple days off work next week to fish.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2024, 05:45 AM »
It's getting close enough now that i'm pretty confident we'll be on the ice very soon. In fact if forecast hold it will be too cold for this old guy to get out as soon as some of you young guns. Forecast change quickly as we all know and now what i'm seeing for the short and long time period is very cold temps. All the way into February. If those predictions hold true we may be talking Lake Erie soon. A bucket lister for me. The snow that's coming is forecasted all over the place. Depends how much Drama you want to watch. Weather channel station is by far the worst. Local stations seem to always be the closest but even they do their best to drum up excitement.

Offline INSaluki

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2024, 07:39 PM »
If one has ANY faith in the math/science algorithm of ice making, you can expect plenty of fishable ice by NEXT weekend, even on some of the larger bodies of water.  A lake can gain well more than an inch a day in those temps.  With the recent weather, the water temps are hovering just above 32-33 so now we're just waiting for the deep freeze.  I, for one, cannot wait.  I took the week of 1-22 off to fish Northern Indiana lakes !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.