Author Topic: TIMES A TICKIN  (Read 1141 times)

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
TIMES A TICKIN
« on: Jul 06, 2008, 06:44 PM »
6 more months,and I'll be pullin bulls and slabs,and getting a monster pike or two on tipups,it can't happen soon enough,I hate this muggy summer where having. Come on ice.

Offline ValleyStocker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Trout through the ice... now that's nice !!
Re: TIMES A TICKIN
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2008, 07:17 PM »
I am right there with you!!! :icefish: :icefish:

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2008, 10:02 AM »
 I hate the heat to, can't wait for duck season and icefishin to come back around.. all a guy can do is keep occupied

Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Nice fish, and can't wait for ice. :icefish:
Take a kid ice fishing

Trooper Bri

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2008, 06:53 PM »
While on vacation a couple weeks ago, i was out on Long Island Sound fluke fishing with a friend. We ice fish together as well, and i was surprised to hear him say he was already looking forward for the coming season. As much as he likes ice fishing, he hits the salt considerably more.

It probably has to do with the quad he bought for ice at the end of last season, and never got to use.  ;) Or maybe due to the fact that the past couple seasons have been less than ideal here in CT.

I hate the heat, so i've been ready to drill holes since the end of May. I still have a homemade Frahillbilly shanty to finish. I've been saving that project for August when the depression kicks in.  ;D

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Here's another vote for mid-November safe ice that sticks around (and doesn't freakin' come and go and come again) until early April!!!

Offline Mikey B

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Heck, why dream about it. Was out the other day in the boat panfishing, had the ice fishing rods, complete with spring bobbers, watching the Vex, waiting for a tap. Got some gills and perch.

Beats setting on the couch.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2008, 08:31 PM »
i hear that mickeyb, i have been using a couple of my jigging rods since ice out last year. been killing it with the rainbows and cats. its kinda awkward real them in but its to hard to put my jigging rods down. i think i have used my jigging rods more than i have my ultra lites.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.