Author Topic: Underwater camera converter/adapter  (Read 645 times)

Offline fishing-gal

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater camera converter/adapter
« on: Feb 29, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Help me..lol
I borrowed my dads underwater camera Atlantis (no longer in business) which I crimped the cable.  I purchased a new underwater cable with the camera on the end off of e-bay, however I didn't realize depending on the Atlantis model this camera won't fit my dad's monitor.  Does anyone know if I can convert a male 4 din pin to a 5 pin male.  The new camera/cable is a 4 pin and the monitor is a 5 pin. 

Okay, remember I'm a girl with no much knowledge of the wiring world..lol

I appreciate any thoughts ..

Thank you,
~do

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Underwater camera converter/adapter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I would take both pieces down to a Radio Shack and see if they could help you out.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2008, 05:19 PM »
I would hazard a guess that either your Dad's camera has another feature that the camera you purchased does not have or the extra pin on the plug is not used for anything and was installed on a later version just because of a change in parts supplier or for economic reasons (maybe manufacturer got a better deal on 5pin plugs). This would all have to be determined before any changes could be done. Either way you would need someone with a knowledge of electronics to look at it. Possibly a local electronics repair place or someone you know who has this training.....I would get an estimate first from a reputable firm,possibly one you have experience with. Just my thoughts(I was in the business for many years)

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 2008, 06:54 PM »
With 4 - 5 pins there can be several different wiring configurations. I would agree with getting an estimate from a local and reputable repair shop (Radio Shacks are normally a good choice). It can definitely be done.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.