Author Topic: Liar Liar  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
Liar Liar
« on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Who has caught their friends in a lie, or been caught in a lie?
I always joke around and send photoshoped pics of myself with fish, but they are obviouse fakes so i guess thats not a lie.  I do however frequently ad inches to fish until they are outrageously huge.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Liar Liar
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:37 PM »
lmao a fish is much like money in the bank. The longer you keep it in there the larger it grows. I always joke with people when they catch a nice fish that it will slowly grow an inch at a time over the years until it is finally a state record. ;D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline gillkiller1125

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ahhhh.......... Ice
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:42 PM »
LOL in our shanty we have a "calibrated fishermans ruler" the marks go 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,13,14,15,19.........like that all the way to 36" hey at least were not lying, thats what the ruler said!!!!
Kids who hunt, fish, and trap, don't mug little old ladies.
Good luck, and tight lines to all.
Official Stomach of the MIRC

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Only when we talk to our wives ;D
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Are you kidding? I got that ruler for my wife! ;)

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:05 PM »
I caught my friend in a big lie.  It was early and the ice was just coming on.  I got a call from him that he went back to this lake that you have to walk about 1 1/2 mile to get to and he said he got a mess of nice gills.  I couldn't stand it any longer so I headed to the lake only to find out the ice was only 1/2 in thick.  He still swore that he fished it and caught them gills.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Never let the truth infect a good fish story.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:13 PM »
How about that 28" crappie caught in Arrowhead/Crappieville!  Niiiiccce FISH! :laugh:
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:20 PM »
my friend told me to hit a lake behind the local highschool, i fell through, not even bothering to check the ice because i actually believed he fished it the day before. He later said he was just joking, and figured I could tell the ice was old and thin under the fresh snow we got that night!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:23 PM »
It's really the effects of gravity...the longer you hold a fish by the jaw...the more it stretches.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:26 PM »
I was at the bar the other night and this guy told me that he knew a dam that had 40 to 50 lb walleyes coming over the side! I almast choked on me beer it was so funny!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:43 PM »
I was at the bar the other night and this guy told me that he knew a dam that had 40 to 50 lb walleyes coming over the side! I almast choked on me beer it was so funny!
:clap: yeah i would have lost my beer for sure :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:55 PM »
somebody"s pants are on fire,whole lotta lying going on around here.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2008, 10:19 PM »
 ;D    did that sport  that claimed 20" perch on the ny board ever post again ?
after he was called on it ?  is it a lie if you belive it ?   :D :D

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2008, 11:56 PM »
sounds like my co-worker who saw a 70" musky eat two hen mallards within two minutes. he also caught a 25" pike that weighed 12 pounds.

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 29, 2008, 05:33 AM »
I dont need to lie about my fish, I take my 4 yr. old fishing with me and every fish I catch is as long as his arm span! ;D God I love that kid, I just wish he had longer arms! :roflmao:
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline jbscowboy99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOOHOO! ICE FISHING 2011!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 29, 2008, 06:23 AM »
yup every time me and my buddies go out, we always catch at least one! :D
   josh :tipup:
And God said " let there be ice" and all was at peace.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #17 on: Feb 29, 2008, 08:25 AM »
nice to gear taking the youngster out, my three kids love it and can:t get enough.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Caught my little bro in one that i know he said on purpose to screw with me....i got home form my apartment in town one friday night it had been 2 weeks since i had been home, bro said tht he had walked across our marsh and to our duck blind and said water was still decently low and there were lots of ducks, so i got up real early and grab my duck gear instead of going deer hunting i wanted to get one last hunt in, well me and the dog got to the edge of the marsh at 6am and it was completly under water, couldnt only see the top 8 inches of my blind...i was a bit mad to say the least
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #19 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:04 PM »
My brother-in-law told me he makes custom Muskie lures by hand carving them out of canoe paddles. When I asked him to show me one, he told me he couldn't because he sold them all (imagine that). I guess the joke is on me. I do believe everything his sister tells me though.

packerbacker
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #20 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:07 PM »
All my posts are...

the Trout,

the whole Trout,

and nothing but the Trout,

so help me Cod.

;)

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:40 AM »
General rule for me is 1 inch added per every 3 beers (big game fish) and for pan fish somehow an extra 1 or 2 comes through the hole when nobody was looking. Another tricky part is the ride home and really is a good reason you should fish lakes near your home. For some reason the further we all get away from the ice the bigger the fish get. Roughly every 1.38 miles adds an inch andwith some guys the number caught gets bigger also, typicaly 3 more fish per ever 1.5 miles and if any alchohol is consumed prior to the ride home or during, well lets just say this is where the monster fish and multiple 5 gallon buckets come in to play,  Typicaly when you call these people out and ask to see the fish,you wil get the " I gave em to another guy on the way out" or if you ask for pictures they either forgot it or the batteries went dead..    8)
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:49 AM »
I really think the majority of false reports taht you hear are simply guys not measuring/weighing their fish. You'd be amazed how many guys think they catch 5-6 pound bass out of New York waters that run about 17-19", just because they don't weigh them.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #23 on: Mar 01, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Hey I want to add here that, and seriously.... Fish DO SHRINK on the ice. At a local derby I helped a guy with four others measure a pickerel that was 27 1/4 " at noon and at weigh in at the end of the day it was 26 3/4" (2:00PM). If I had not helped personally and debated with the others I would have been rollin my eyes also if some one told me...
                                                    "It Shrank"
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2008, 10:05 AM »
I saw this on a sign once:

EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE, FISH LIKE HELL AND MAKE UP LIES

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 01, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Hey I want to add here that, and seriously.... Fish DO SHRINK on the ice. At a local derby I helped a guy with four others measure a pickerel that was 27 1/4 " at noon and at weigh in at the end of the day it was 26 3/4" (2:00PM). If I had not helped personally and debated with the others I would have been rollin my eyes also if some one told me...
                                                    "It Shrank"

Sane excuse I use, when gettimg my groove on with the Mrs, after several hours on the ice.

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2008, 02:28 PM »
I was at the bar with Ice Freek when that guy was telling us about the 40-50 lbs walleye.... said you could see them coming out of the spillway and just cast to where they landed in the backwaters....  we both acted like we bought it, and he just kept it coming.  I believe that the last time he went out there he caught about 30 eyes over 40 lbs!!!! WHAT A DAY.  He said he would take us out there some day.  I CANT WAIT!!!!
l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.