Author Topic: The toughest ice fisher you ever met?  (Read 5199 times)

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The toughest ice fisher you ever met?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2008, 04:21 PM »
:whistle:
Yes, I know. Still it's a good story.

Offline Poopdeck Pappy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2008, 04:43 PM »
It absolutely defies my ability to comprehend how to get by with soaked clothes. How do you dry them? Hypothermia is only a coupla minutes away. I've been working on cold weather endurance for awhile and I cannot see a reliable method of getting unwet and staying undead. If you buy the right hi-tech clothing it won't absorb water. But, your boots are not getting dry any too fast over a portable heater. 

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2008, 05:17 PM »
I really Believe down deep in my Heart and Soul, that the True Winners are the KIDS Stories..

Us Adults must keep kids Fishing and Hunting to keep it all going.

My 25 cents worth.

Stan

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 23, 2008, 01:09 AM »
I really Believe down deep in my Heart and Soul, that the True Winners are the KIDS Stories..

Us Adults must keep kids Fishing and Hunting to keep it all going.

My 25 cents worth.

Stan
There is no prize. I was and still am looking for stories that inspire. The top story is about a bucket sitter that is always out there. The fact that I know that he's out there and is enduring the elements psyches me up enough to get out there myself. That was the point of the thread. Who pushes you to go out in the cold, wet nasty, bad uncomfortable cold. Some of these guys don't need anybody. They just go. Others had an older guy that shamed them into pushing harder. The kids are tough cause it truly sucks to be on the ice. I've brought my kids, when they were little and they got bored real fast. It's a slow sport. Who motivates you to go out into the nasty weather, get wet, and still fish no matter what? It's real easy to stay inside.               

Offline Jack Ryan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 23, 2008, 02:19 AM »
My fish'n "buddy" inspires me to go. I'll go any time, any where, in any weather with any of my buds when ever they want to go and I have. From camping on the ice of Petenwell flowage for a few days right through a snow storm to blowing off work to spend a few hours on a farm pond near the house.

Yet often is the time when I  could have gone even with the sun shining and 32 degrees in the afternoon and I still might do something else.

I can't figure it out and I don't know why. I just do what I want to do I reckon.
"Be the one you want to catch"

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 23, 2008, 04:54 AM »
There is no prize. I was and still am looking for stories that inspire. The top story is about a bucket sitter that is always out there. The fact that I know that he's out there and is enduring the elements psyches me up enough to get out there myself. That was the point of the thread. Who pushes you to go out in the cold, wet nasty, bad uncomfortable cold. Some of these guys don't need anybody. They just go. Others had an older guy that shamed them into pushing harder. The kids are tough cause it truly sucks to be on the ice. I've brought my kids, when they were little and they got bored real fast. It's a slow sport. Who motivates you to go out into the nasty weather, get wet, and still fish no matter what? It's real easy to stay inside. 
My wife`s honey do list is enough to inspire Me to get out onto the ice in the nastiest and meanest conditions known to man.  ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2008, 08:21 AM »
My fish'n "buddy" inspires me to go. I'll go any time, any where, in any weather with any of my buds when ever they want to go and I have. From camping on the ice of Petenwell flowage for a few days right through a snow storm to blowing off work to spend a few hours on a farm pond near the house.

Yet often is the time when I  could have gone even with the sun shining and 32 degrees in the afternoon and I still might do something else.

I can't figure it out and I don't know why. I just do what I want to do I reckon.
This is what I'm talking about!

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2008, 08:24 AM »
My wife`s honey do list is enough to inspire Me to get out onto the ice in the nastiest and meanest conditions known to man.  ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
I find myself in the same situation. I never get off free though. The vacuuming, shopping, dump run, fix  this dang thing and that dang thing and then...I can go!

Offline Poopdeck Pappy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:01 AM »
I'm so tough, I read long posts that wander.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.