Author Topic: too much ice??  (Read 1120 times)

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
too much ice??
« on: Feb 05, 2007, 05:57 PM »
i was talking to a guy this morning, he was saying there is too much ice forming.  im thinkin i waited too long on ice to say anything but h**l no bring it on.  what do you fellas think?

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: too much ice??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:16 PM »

Just got off the ice and read your post,I agree the more ice we get the better.
                It looks like we are gaining an inch aday with this cold snap.Had 4 flags today,but they all
                got off ,had one screamer thought for sure we'd hook up but no luck.Caught a few small
                gills will try again tomorrow.Keep that ice coming....
                                                                  jhc

Offline Thinice88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:02 PM »
We need to keep on building so we have ice until spring thaw! :clap: :clap: :bow:

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:11 PM »
there will be to much ice when my auger doesnt reach the water. Until then keep it coming!
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Thinice88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Yah when that happens Ill have to go buy a gas auger cause drillin through a couple feet of ice requires a little horsepower! ;D

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I hope it gets thick enough so that when it gets mild we can fish in our shirt sleeves for a while. I enjoy that kind of ice fishing.

My pond was making an inch a day until it hit 6 inches. Now only half an ice per day. The ice must insulate itself somewhat once it gets thick enough and slow down the freezing a little. I'm now at 7 1/2 inches on my front pond. Checked it with a tape measure. I look for 10 inches by the weekend.

Man it was brutal outside of the pop up! Glad I have one!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.