Author Topic: Man it was brutal out there today and a question...  (Read 756 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anybody else have a slow day out their today or was it just where I was fishing? Just wondering if maybe this strong high pressure has the fish off a little. There just didn't seem ro be much movement of the fish and had my best luck after dark with a lantern sitting next to my two holes.

Did get a 14 5/8's inch female perch that weighed 1 lb. 13 oz. and had a girth of 11 3/8 inches along with a 10 incher. At least she was a great consolation prize! My friend who left early will never believe me as the wife has the digital at school!  >:(
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline bgause

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Man it was brutal out there today and a question...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:33 PM »
I hit a pond in huntington county with a friend today. Didnt get out till almost mid day. Sat on on spot for a while waiting for some fish (didnt have a flasher or anything). After a while got a series of hits and got a few decent gills. Action was fast for about 20 mintues. Fish were hitting hard. After the bite slowed we moved a little deeper. This time we got some action after about 15 minutes. Again the hits were hard and lasted about 20 minutes and then it died. That was the extent of our action.

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
Re: Man it was brutal out there today and a question...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Fished the "Narrows" @ Chain-O-Lakes today with my father.  Finding fish was not a problem, getting them to bite and being able to tell in all the wind was.  We ended up with just shy of a dozen keepers and threw 6 small fish back.  Yep, a little slow...Looking forward to next weekend!!!  Hope the temp comes up a bit and the wind lays down.
A bad day fishing beats a good day working!!! <///><

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.