Author Topic: Chain of lakes/ Lydick  (Read 1338 times)

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
Chain of lakes/ Lydick
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 04:14 PM »
How is the ice on chain? I have not been over there yet, but would like to give it a try early next week.

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
Re: Chain of lakes/ Lydick
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Two weeks ago...inch of ice in most spots, dock had just under 2 inches.  Lots of hanging ice due to high water the week prior.  Not safe and did not try to venture out.  Two guys were testing fate on Dock.

One week ago...Fished Dock, 2 1/2 inches of ice.  Water was turned up, caught one and marked very few, very very few fish caught around me.

I am going to give the Narrows a try tomorrow morning.  Will report my findings...
A bad day fishing beats a good day working!!! <///><

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:46 PM »
Thanks, I Will check back. I would like to get on the back side if possible.

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Sorry jdm...  :'(

I don't mind fishing in nasty weather, but the weather today is a bit excessive.  I never made it to the Narrows.  I might try tomorrow if the weather, mainly the wind, tames down.  I will let you know what I find if I go...

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Weather doesn't turn fish off, weather turns fisherman off!

Too windy for me!

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:16 PM »
I second that edge...

Maybe tomorrow...  ???

Offline jiggit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007, 04:47 PM »
I checked out the narrows and mud lake yesterday. They were both at 4 inches of ice, but the top had a layer frozen junk then a layer of wet slush then the good ice. There was one guy out on the narrows, but I decided not to fish since I got wet last weekend. I like thicker ice when fishing deep water like that. It should be better with this awesome weather we are going to have this week, hopefully it will add a couple of inches.  steve

Offline iCeMaN...24/7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Toad Time!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2007, 12:56 PM »
jdm,

Got out on the "Narrows" this morning with my father.  It was cold, but the wind hadn't kicked up yet.  Ice was fair, in the spots where snow had melted, 2" refreeze ice then 3 1/2 inches of good ice.  In spots with snow, just 3 1/2 inches of good ice.  As the sun came up and warmed things slightly the lake started popping and cracking, you could hear it start at one end of the lake and run its course to the other end; Man I love that sound!!!

The fish were not hard to find, getting them to bit was another story.  We left at noon and had just shy of a dozen keepers, we let 6 small fish swim.  Probably would have had more, but the wind was running a muck with your spring bobber.

If you go...use the smallest ice fly or jig you have, size 16 would be good, but if you have an 18 that would be even better. 

All in all, not a great day for catching, but we worked our butts off for the ones we caught!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.