New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice fishing line in bulk  (Read 914 times)

Offline Bambino0657

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing line in bulk
« on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:23 AM »
I'm tired of buying ice line in small rolls. I've looked around on line but can't find anything over 150 yards. I need to change line on a bunch of reels. Any thoughts?

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice fishing line in bulk
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2024, 08:27 AM »
I'm tired of buying ice line in small rolls. I've looked around on line but can't find anything over 150 yards. I need to change line on a bunch of reels. Any thoughts?

Try Googling "bulk ice fishing line" - if I'm right I see some 300-500m options out there ....good luck....

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2024, 10:29 AM »
I bought a 1000 yard spool at runnings in canandaigua for around $50 a couple days ago. They had many spools

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:08 PM »
I bought a 1000 yard spool at runnings in canandaigua for around $50 a couple days ago. They had many spools

1000 yard spool on Amazon $30 on amazon
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2024, 07:45 PM »
I got a 3000 yard spool of Trilene 4lb for $28 from Purefishing a couple weeks ago. 50% off.

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2024, 06:40 AM »
1000 yard spool on Amazon $30 on amazon
Can you post up the link, I was gonna go buy another spool from runnings but half price is sounding good…..

Offline Bambino0657

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2024, 04:25 AM »
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to runnings today.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2024, 06:15 AM »
Can you post up the link, I was gonna go buy another spool from runnings but half price is sounding good…..

RIKIMARU Braided Fishing Line Abrasion Resistant Superline Zero Stretch&Low Memory Extra Thin Diameter 327-1094 Yds, 4-180LB https://a.co/d/9QHRvBl
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2024, 12:23 PM »
RIKIMARU Braided Fishing Line Abrasion Resistant Superline Zero Stretch&Low Memory Extra Thin Diameter 327-1094 Yds, 4-180LB https://a.co/d/9QHRvBl
Thanks for the link but it’s not the same as Ice line, imo Woodstock tip up line is worth the extra money

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2024, 01:23 PM »
Thanks for the link but it’s not the same as Ice line, imo Woodstock tip up line is worth the extra money

There is nothing different between iceline and regular it's a false narrative in order to mark the price up on "ice line" been ice fishing since I was a kid and back then we used mono from a huge spool Papa had. When I was at the sportsman show In Harrisburg a few years ago was talking to one.of the line reps and asked this same question he told me to quit paying the mark up in "Iceline"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2024, 01:45 PM »

Last bulk I bought came from (tackle direct) fireline and power pro
 Brad I don’t buy ice line either

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2024, 02:03 PM »
Last bulk I bought came from (tackle direct) fireline and power pro
 Brad I don’t buy ice line either

If this guy right here doesnt buy ice line and has been very successful over the years I can't see the point in paying more for the same exact line.

Freddie's been tearing up Oneida for years take this mans advice

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2024, 04:16 AM »
If this guy right here doesnt buy ice line and has been very successful over the years I can't see the point in paying more for the same exact line.

Freddie's been tearing up Oneida for years take this mans advice
It’s the diameter of the ice line that I prefer, I tried 50 and 60# braid before but it was too thin for my hands. The Woodstock ice line is thick and easier to manage and really what’s $60 for 1000 yards? It lasts forever

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2024, 04:56 AM »
yes  power  pro  will work great  jigging  walleyes   but  do not  use   braided on tip ups!!!!  youll  cut  your hands  wide  open  when a  big  pike  runs on my  pand fish  rods  i  use   that  crappie  line   (yellow)  2  pound  from bass pro   oneida   perch  and   walleye  i  use   bulk  braid  with a  mono leader   on tip ups  i  use a  dacron  ,you can get it  bulk

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2024, 06:17 AM »
yes  power  pro  will work great  jigging  walleyes   but  do not  use   braided on tip ups!!!!  youll  cut  your hands  wide  open  when a  big  pike  runs on my  pand fish  rods  i  use   that  crappie  line   (yellow)  2  pound  from bass pro   oneida   perch  and   walleye  i  use   bulk  braid  with a  mono leader   on tip ups  i  use a  dacron  ,you can get it  bulk

Yes I would never suggest braided on tip ups unless you enjoy pain🤣🤣. They make many great tip up lines in bulk. I don't remember what brand I have right now. It will last me forever I hardly ever set tip up kids enjoy jigging better but then again dad always puts them on fish

Offline TheWasp74

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2024, 11:10 AM »
Have you tried to order online from Fish307?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2024, 01:41 PM »
It’s the diameter of the ice line that I prefer, I tried 50 and 60# braid before but it was too thin for my hands. The Woodstock ice line is thick and easier to manage and really what’s $60 for 1000 yards? It lasts forever

buddy  i  don't  know  you and i do not mean to insult you  but woodstock ice  line is  for  tip ups ...were you  putting  superbraid  line  like  power  pro on tip ups????  thats a good way to  lose a  finger or  need stitches in your hands     super braid shoul  never ever  ever   be  used  to  play a  fish in  with your  hands!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.