New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Loon lake  (Read 974 times)

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
Loon lake
« on: Jan 13, 2024, 05:39 PM »
Thinking of hitting loon lake. Anyone know conditions or maybe some secret spots?

Offline robert.d12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Loon lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2024, 02:46 AM »
Was there yesterday. 16” of ice. Caught three yellowfin tuna and one blue whale, none fit through the hole so no pics sorry. I was in 8.48 ft of water directly out from the launch.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2024, 07:27 AM »
Was there yesterday. 16” of ice. Caught three yellowfin tuna and one blue whale, none fit through the hole so no pics sorry. I was in 8.48 ft of water directly out from the launch.
Wow guess they bit yesterday for everyone cuz I was out too found the same ice thickness but only managed 2 yellowfins but did manage a seal for my efforts

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2024, 07:31 AM »
That was you guys, I tried to run over with the chainsaw to open the ice for ya, but my feets were frozen to the ice. I heard the line singing like a harp and break so I stayed put.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2024, 12:16 PM »

Stopped by again about a hour ago..it's starting if wind dies and get Temps there saying may not be long ..not telling anyone it's almost " ready," just what I seen on my drive

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2024, 01:23 PM »

All covered

Offline Hardwaterhappy53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2024, 09:14 PM »
Hey! New here. I went to Loon a couple of times last year. We parked at the parking spot for the public beach, right next to the spill way. The area was not plowed and was dicey to get in and out. We were told that we could not park there, by people passing by. Is that true? If so, where do we park?
Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.