The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Snow/ slush conditions Hillsdale/branch/Washtenaw  (Read 964 times)

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Snow/ slush conditions Hillsdale/branch/Washtenaw
« on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:20 PM »
Hey all, I've been working overtime and haven't gotten to check conditions, but saw some lakes in the daylight and looks slushy, but possibly refrozen. I'll be out this weekend but just wanting to get the right gear prepped for conditions. Did all the slush refreeze or is it a couple inches of slush with powder on top? Thanks if anyone can update.
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Snow/ slush conditions Hillsdale/branch/Washtenaw
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2022, 06:35 PM »
Wish i knew... Worked 28 hours strait plowing and i gotta go back in at 1 am.... Ill begin fishing next week on Thursday so i cant report until then... As i do not have the funds this week to fuel my fishing addiction lol
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2022, 06:38 AM »
There was a guy out here on Skiff yesterday. It looked like the slush refroze. He didn't have cleats on and was slipping and sliding. My Grandson went out by my dock and said it was sloppy for a few feet and then was fine.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:30 AM »
Ok, just talked to my buddy he was out riding his sled last night, said our lake in Livingston is really sloppy. Hoping for better conditions down near tristate 🤞🏼
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline Hoosier Ice Pirate

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2022, 06:47 PM »
Ice in the area around Coldwater area is frozen back up. I found good going along the state line on 4-wheeler.

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2022, 11:26 AM »
There has been a pickup truck on one of the Coldwater lakes. So I'd say it's tight!

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2022, 04:51 AM »
Thanks everyone, slush was frozen on the small lake I was on in Hillsdale county. Sleds made a real mess of my lake in Livingston county, guess they just couldn't leave the slush alone for a few days... Really rough travel now

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2022, 12:35 PM »
Fished Long Lake near Reading. Good walking. Bad fishing.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.