The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Another break in on Norway Lake  (Read 2497 times)

Offline The3Ps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGGGG!!!
Another break in on Norway Lake
« on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Someone broke into my shack and stole my home made wood stove. Easy to recognize!! Please keep your eyes out for this and Pm me if you see or hear anything. Thanks

Patience, Persistence,Presentation

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Another break in on Norway Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:56 PM »
That's horrible! Sorry to hear that! Some people really deserve to have their hands broken. Or cut off as they do in other countries when caught stealing
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline Bottle_O_Moxie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have you ever had to jig your scoop back up?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Damn thieves.   Thanks for posting the picture.   We all can keep an eye out for it. 

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Sorry to hear about that . I also saw that you posted the same thing on FB. It seems like there are lots of scumbags in that area. This is the 3 rd occurence I heard about on Norway lake.

Offline The3Ps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGGGG!!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Trying to get the word and a pic out on a few social platform's yes!! I'm sure it's gone for good, but everyone deserves to know if the people they meet on the ice are thieves. Now if your out, and meet someone with this stove in their shack.
You'll know they are scumbags!

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:45 PM »
The more eyes on it the better.

Offline Shockwave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2019, 11:01 PM »
I'll keep an eye out.  I live in Norway.  Yes alot of thieves around.  I had a few teens, a few years back try to break in my wife's car.  They scattered like cockroaches when I  came out the door with my shotgun.  Also had a trolling motor stolen off my boat, while in my yard in West Paris.  Alot of dirtbags around the area.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Check local stores that sell stove pipe

Offline The3Ps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGGGG!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2019, 05:40 PM »
What Napa? It used a 2 1/2" exhaust pipe for the chimney! Like I said it's a 8"x 8" x12" box. Light and custom made for my shack. Not another one like it that I know of.

Offline brooktroutman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2019, 09:21 PM »
Someone broke into my shack and stole my home made wood stove. Easy to recognize!! Please keep your eyes out for this and Pm me if you see or hear anything. Thanks
(Image removed from quote.)
Probably Butch B**din from Rockland or Belfast I forget which.  His crew stole a cooler full of beer from a friend and also had the balls to steal his friend's one of kind trolling motor.  How do I know it was his crew?  The friend and his buddy went in after hours if you know what I mean when they got wind from someone else that it could be them.  They were surprised to see his cooler there with his name on it and his buddy's trolling motor just 200 ft from boat launch.  I had a custom made ice shack with home made stove like yours in it.  Pulled the shack off before the season ended and went back after snow melted and it was gone just the year before the above incident.  A buddy want's me to help him build another ice shack, but I'm weary because of all the theaving that goes on and we cannot get out every weekend to tend it.  This is my first time posting only because i felt compelled to tell the story and we've been following iceshanty since 2005.  I remember the guy from I think So. Portland that had his jiffy with flames stolen right from his house and if I ever see it i will certainly contact him.  Best to all.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2019, 02:20 AM »
More reason to ditch the hardsides and use a portable...

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:41 AM »
More reason to ditch the hardsides and use a portable...

Pretty sad when the honest guy has to be made to feel like he was in the wrong.  Scumbags are out there today, all facets, could have just as easily inserted "car brokening into while sitting in driveway."  I'm not trading my hard side for a portable anymore than I'm trading  my truck for a bicycle. 🤨

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:28 AM »
Pretty sad when the honest guy has to be made to feel like he was in the wrong.  Scumbags are out there today, all facets, could have just as easily inserted "car brokening into while sitting in driveway."  I'm not trading my hard side for a portable anymore than I'm trading  my truck for a bicycle. 🤨
I hear ya man. This guy didn’t deserve to have his shack broken into nor does anyone. All I’m saying is I see way too many guys leaving valuables inside their permanent shacks and stuff getting stolen. crapty world we live in.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:45 AM »
I hear ya man. This guy didn’t deserve to have his shack broken into nor does anyone. All I’m saying is I see way too many guys leaving valuables inside their permanent shacks and stuff getting stolen. crapty world we live in.

The honest guy gets the shaft every time Nick, you work your tail off for everything you have and then some other guy that doesn't want to work as hard as you lives for taking the short cut, sucks, sad times.

Offline SilverSides

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing is better than any day at work!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:10 AM »
The honest guy gets the shaft every time Nick, you work your tail off for everything you have and then some other guy that doesn't want to work as hard as you lives for taking the short cut, sucks, sad times.
Ahhhhhh......The Democratic way!

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:45 AM »
How does making a suggestion about getting a portable imply that the victim was wrong?  He was merely saying that a lot of people use a portable so their chit doesn't get stolen.  You have to admit, that times aren't what they use to be. The "hood" mentality is slowly encroaching on the outdoors.  Given that fact, it is our responsibility to be cautious in what we do and where we do it.  Yes, it sucks, but it is what it is.  Be prepared or be a victim, because things aren't going to get better.

The guy didn't leave an ice auger or a pack basket full of traps in plain sight, they stole his f-in woodstove!!!  What's next the front door? ;D

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:32 AM »
The guy didn't leave an ice auger or a pack basket full of traps in plain sight, they stole his f-in woodstove!!!  What's next the front door? ;D
Lol I shouldn’t laugh but you’re right. It’s ridiculous.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:37 AM »
Ahhhhhh......The Democratic way!

Walmart and amazon get billions of dollar tax cuts while I pay out the ass for taxes.. ahhhh the republican way

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #18 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:43 AM »
A game camera with an infrared flash mounted somewhere in a shack gives a nice picture for evidence. Too bad a person has to worry about shacks being broken into.  ???
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline grub662

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya got any smelts?
« Reply #19 on: Feb 21, 2019, 02:04 PM »
A game camera with an infrared flash mounted somewhere in a shack gives a nice picture for evidence. Too bad a person has to worry about shacks being broken into.  ???

Bingo! We have a winner! Sorry for your loss but a trail camera hidden would have busted them. I turned over several photo's to the Sherriff's Dept on Monday morning. Somebody is in Big trouble. I have cams on all my stuff.
If you fish the wrong lure long and hard enough it will eventually become the right lure!

Offline The3Ps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGGGG!!!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Not really sure how a home made stove has value worth stealing besides the "It's Cool factor?? It was welded together from scrap steel from a mobile home! They left the pipe, my chisel, and a rock bar. So had nothing to do with scraping anything. They saw it, they wanted it, they took it! Camera, 12 guage triggerd to the door. Both will flash when going off at night!!

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Sounds fine and dandy. But, it's illegal to booby trap with guns. ???
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline Fish2kill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Drugs come in from the city, get distributed to bored folks in rural areas for top dollar, rural folk run outta top dollar, and my augers gone.
A skeleton walks into a bar and asks for a beer and a mop

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Happy fishing!

Offline The3Ps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGGGG!!!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:38 PM »
Ya no kidding! Just as stupid as stealing a home made woodstove! Guess you got my point!  I'm not about to do that, any more than they should have stolen my stove!! I'm mad and venting and I'll just make another one out of more scrap ! It had more sentimental value than any other. Just like my dog, I'll get past it.

Offline Fish2kill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Sounds fine and dandy. But, it's illegal to booby trap with guns. ???

It's not illegal to have a really crapty door
A skeleton walks into a bar and asks for a beer and a mop

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.

Happy fishing!

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Walmart and amazon get billions of dollar tax cuts while I pay out the ass for taxes.. ahhhh the republican way

Hahaha finally someone who’s not ignorant!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.