Author Topic: some people  (Read 1406 times)

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
some people
« on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:15 AM »
 2 buddies were up fishing circle park the other day.  several people out but bite was slow and the crowd thinned out.  was down to just a couple people out on the hole, and my buddies.  one buddy starts to go on the hunt.  he gets about 60-80yrd out and one of the other people out there, comes over and fishes the holes that my buddy had been fishing.  it happens.  its a community hole, so no big deal.  the guy fishes around for while and then packed up and took off.  well when the one guy comes back to the pack, and his holes, he says, "where you put my fish", to his friend. he says I didn't do anything with them.  so the guy that come over and fished his holes also helped himself to the fish that were laying around them!  said they didn't know the guy but they seen his vehicle leave.  that little crime spree should cost him plenty if he is found parked back there anytime soon! lol der

if said _hole is on here reading this, your some piece of work!  your momma should be real proud of you!  im sure your just as trustworthy in all other aspects of your life as well.  thieves are human garbage

one good example of why I rarely fish crowds. 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: some people
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:59 AM »
That's pretty bad.  Was down at Big Oaks hunting turkeys year ago snd some piece of work stole another guys turkey out of his truck!  Really???

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2019, 10:15 AM »
deer get stolen hanging in peoples yards here every year.

Offline Oaktree1215

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Look at them cheeks!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Yeah, if its not tied down these days, things tend to get stolen. If a guys really wants a fish and asks, I'd just give it to him.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2019, 12:51 PM »
Yea, nothing safe anymore, can't trust anyone.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2019, 12:59 PM »
Nope not unless you prove points ! No room in this world for a their IMO ! I've caught a few thieves in my time and I can guarantee I made think about me before they stole again

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2019, 01:04 PM »
Yeah, if its not tied down these days, things tend to get stolen. If a guys really wants a fish and asks, I'd just give it to him.

40 inch pike please!

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Exact thing happened to me once at Summit in the 90's. Fish thieves...right up there with horse thieves. Bad thing is..I can't believe they couldn't catch their own....hell everyone was catching fish at Summit in the 90's...lol.

Offline wlatrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2019, 09:45 PM »
 Had some friends fishing at Hardy Dam a couple of years ago and they had someone steal there cooler out of the back while they were sleeping in the front. Takes Balls.

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:10 AM »
Vehicle please.........

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2019, 07:21 AM »
I dont keep steelhead very often but had a big chrome hen stolen off my stringer a few years ago along the river. Took my stringer too.
A few months ago I was out wading in mishawaka and left my net along shore since it is a big extension steelhead net. I made it from industrial telescoping handle. Went 10 foot and rubber coated black. Comes in handy from Lake Michigan piers and hard to reach spots. Guy came over and snatched it. 80 buck mistake. Had custom vintage bmx grip on it. I hope to run into the guy in mishawaka some day and hope he likes permanent 2 piece rods when I'm done
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Had a cooler with a limit of walleyes stolen out of the back of my pickup truck at Salamonie Dam once. They broke the side window of the camper shell opened the cooler and picked the walleyes out one by one. Darndest thing is that the camper shell was unlocked all they had to do was drop the tailgate and help themselves. Go figure!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Had a cooler with a limit of walleyes stolen out of the back of my pickup truck at Salamonie Dam once. They broke the side window of the camper shell opened the cooler and picked the walleyes out one by one. Darndest thing is that the camper shell was unlocked all they had to do was drop the tailgate and help themselves. Go figure!

Proves the fact that thieves aren't to smart....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.