Author Topic: Windy This Year!  (Read 733 times)

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
Windy This Year!
« on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:10 AM »
Don't know about you guys but I think here around Noble and Kosciusko counties it's been an exceptionally windy year. Which has caused me to not fish quite as much! Maybe I'm just getting old, but to be honest I never have liked strong wind when fishing especially on ice. Wondering if any of you other guys have felt this way about the season? Hex

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Windy This Year!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Yeah if the wind is to strong I stay home. Really its the sudden pick up of wind thats done it to me this year. Hate being in my shanty and a gust comes to take it away. I have anchors..... should probably use them. I'm at jay/Randolph and mostly fish summit.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Yeah if the wind is to strong I stay home. Really its the sudden pick up of wind thats done it to me this year. Hate being in my shanty and a gust comes to take it away. I have anchors..... should probably use them. I'm at jay/Randolph and mostly fish summit.
I remember one time the wind tipped my shanty over with me in it.

Offline Oaktree1215

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Look at them cheeks!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Crazy windy here one white co.
I was thinking about going out back to pick up my dog poo. Not happen in today.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Don't like it!  Hardly ever fish in s shanty because I like to move around and my jerky hook set about goes through the roof every time.   Most of the bites I've been on this year I would not been able to see my line or my spring move in much wind.  Catch a lot less fish in the wind due to not being able to see the bite.

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:34 AM »
Prior to retiring from my high school teaching career, in 2015, I coached baseball.  The season began at the end of March and ran to the end of May.  I kept notes on game day weather.  I never really bothered with wind until the last few years when it seemed that strong winds became a factor to deal with for weeks on end.....Odd.

fish on,

rivereddy

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2019, 12:22 PM »
Not I , I'll just brave the cold and wind but that might be because I don't get a whole lot of time to fish so I take what I can get

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:17 PM »
I am with CJ29, got to fish when you get the chance.  Wind or calm
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:11 PM »
Wild ride in a flying shanty across Bass Lake with me in it after dark.

2man Viking didn't anchor it, unzipped the door to unload.  A big gust of wind came and off I went like a sailboat across the wet ice with no light. Luckily someone had plowed at path thru the snow about a week before and made a ridge, the ridge stopped me.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.