The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Lake Wyola  (Read 721 times)

Offline Hobble2016

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Wyola
« on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Went to scout Lake Wyola today to see how the ice held up after the warm spell this week... Signs all over the place saying "unsafe ice" I'd have to agree. The edges were mostly water but a few feet past the edge held me fine, but I certainly didn't feel like it was 100% safe. With the weather forecast this week I'm hoping it will be safe again by next weekend, or maybe a few days after that.

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake Wyola
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:21 PM »
The unsafe ice signs are at most ponds no matter what and how much ice

Offline SkunkLuvver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2019, 05:35 PM »
Those signs are there whether the ice is 3” or 30”.
What were you seeing for thickness once you got out?

How’d you make out?

I wound up there last weekend and we didn’t do so hot. Place was crowded so couldn’t really pick our spot.

Offline Hobble2016

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2019, 08:08 PM »
I was just driving by and decided to stop and look for tomorrow. I definitely did not look good. I didn't get a measure of the ice but will take one tomorrow am.  I was there last weekend also. Caught a few rainbows, perch, and pickeral. Not a great day but any day out beats a day in.

Offline Hobble2016

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Had 10-12" of ice. Not great ice, but good enough. Caught my second best pickerel ever at 22". The pickerel were slamming it all day, I was after trout so I had to move to not run out of bait. Ended up with only 1 rainbow, but caught 16 other fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.