The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: FREE FISHING WEEKEND FEB 16 & 17  (Read 614 times)

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
FREE FISHING WEEKEND FEB 16 & 17
« on: Feb 15, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Good time to get those that won't go because of no license to try the sport. Looks like great weather to be out enjoying some ice.
40's next weekend.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: FREE FISHING WEEKEND FEB 16 & 17
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. I just posted an offer for a  fishing trip to all my non fishing FB friends . I provide all the equipment, food & fish cleaning.  Always make the offer on all the Free Fishing Week-ends.  Great way to get new folks out there .
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019, 03:28 PM »
Went by Cadillac today and it looks like a few people got out.

And by a few... I mean a few thousand! :o

Fishermen, Snowmobiles, ATV's, and UTV"s were everywhere, We also saw at least a dozen Trucks on the ice.

The mouth of Big Cove

Good Luck All!  :tipup:

Offline Xx xxx xX

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:03 PM »
I took my niece out today on the bay for perch. (Her first time on the bay, 3rd time ice fishing)We set up and fished for a hour. I was the only one catching anything and asked what she wanted to do. I had 2 tip ups out that we're getting steady flags but not producing anything. She decided she wanted to move about 200 yds the other side of the tip ups. I didn't question her choice, I just moved. I asked why she decided here and she said I just know there here, this is going to be a good spot!!! I got the ice out of the first hole and got her first line in the water. While I was clearing the other holes I heard her say "there here". I assumed there was a few dink perch eyeing her minnow and kept clearing holes. Next thing I know  I hear her drag getting line ripped out. I thought she had a walleye or Pike but pulled up a 13 1/2" perch promptly followed by a 12" and then 2 11"perch. We didnt limit out but I will remember those 3 to 5 mins forever, I know she will to. We have the next trip planned for next weekend. New fishing buddy for life

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Nice! You'll have to take her with you every time now.

Offline Icechuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:08 AM »
Fourth Michigan trip this year ,nice that it was a free weekend .  fished one lake in the morning the bite stopped After two hours. Caught some nice perch one crappie and a 36 inch pike. 2nd lake we caught a limit of nice gills. Hope the ice holds out make another trip from Central Indiana

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.