Author Topic: ICE- NY STATE  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Icehoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
ICE- NY STATE
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Anyone know if White Lake NY frozen?

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
Re: ICE- NY STATE
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 11:42 AM »
Not sure about white lake but there's a couple in Hamilton county with 4-5"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2018, 02:59 PM »
Icehoggin I've seen members reporting between 3-4 inches of ice on the following bodies of water in Sullivan county,ny.   Lake Superior  located off of rt.17B on Dr.Duggan road in Town of Bethel near Bethel Woods Preforming arts center, Morninngside Lake on Brinkman road in Town of Fallsburg.  Also member tipup28 reports 3 inches on Chodikee Lake located off of rt.299 in New Paltz,Ny. area (Ulster county)  Temperature might be in the forties tomorrow and part of weekend along with rain here in the mid Hudson valley and south west Catskill Mountains of NY.

White Lake has a large surface area and deeper water so it takes some time to develop thick ice.
Steve

Offline Icehoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Hey Mr. Clean what do you think about those ice thickness numbers in a few weeks...like 2 weeks

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2019, 07:11 PM »
Icehoggin ,I have not looked at long range weather forecast for  Mid Hudson valley or Sullivan county recently I know next few days temperatures will be ithe low to mid thirties for daytime highs and forecast to see snow  over the weekend. Today my area Newburgh,NY. had winds of 15-20 mph for most of the day if they last overnight will not help ice formation keep a watch on the Southern NY. thread found in the NY. General forum. Also in the NY. Reports&Conditions forum there is a thread for Sullivan county small water. No idea how long of a drive this is for you but if you want to fish this weekend I would go to North-South lake in Greene County (near Hunter Mountain ski resort.) Recent report of 8 inches of ice. Sorry I can not be of more help.
Steve

Offline Mike the Machinist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2019, 03:42 PM »
My buddy fishing Superior today reported 9.5" of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.