Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Coffee
« on: Nov 19, 2018, 05:48 AM »
Who's got the coffee on. Sitting in on a 16 hour shift at work. Gonna be a long day of looking at new ice fishing tackle seeing what is new, and what I might have to replace from last season. Hope to have more ice than last year. Plenty of fish to catch....Tight lines.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Coffee
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:28 AM »
4 cups every morning for me. If I don't I get  bad neck and headache pains.
<===Lefty===

Offline Theshad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:33 AM »
Sitting at my desk, stating my second cup...Gonna be a long day. On the bright side, some water is locking up nearby :)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:35 AM »
I can only hope that water keeps getting more ice on top. Bagged a buck in archery so ice fishing is all I have to look forward to now.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Who's got the coffee on. Sitting in on a 16 hour shift at work. Gonna be a long day of looking at new ice fishing tackle seeing what is new, and what I might have to replace from last season. Hope to have more ice than last year. Plenty of fish to catch....Tight lines.

Just a half pot for me otherwise I get to buzzin' like a cheap TV.

Wait... you're going to work to look at ice fishing stuff all day? If I'da had a job like that I'd NEVER have retired!  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Lets put it this way, I'm a glorified adult baby sitter that watches individuals that are not fit to live in normal society on their own accord for the time being.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Lets put it this way, I'm a glorified adult baby sitter that watches individuals that are not fit to live in normal society on the own accord for the time being.
I feel your pain  :pinch:  did it for 25 years, hang in there and keep praying for ice  :tipup:

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:44 AM »
I feel your pain  :pinch:  did it for 25 years, hang in there and keep praying for ice  :tipup:

Thanks wally, I have another 18 years to go haha :roflmao:

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:14 AM »
I can hear mine bubbling and gurgling... Programmed start is the best invention ever.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Yep coffee makes the world move. My much better half sits adults also. Pretty thankless job most of the time.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Programmed start is nice but you haven't lived until you use black rifle coffee in a press.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:52 AM »
18 years sounds like a long time but before you know it those years will be behind you!! Stay safe.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Thanks, I'm 12 years into working for the Government so I'm kind of use to it.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:06 AM »
I can hear mine bubbling and gurgling... Programmed start is the best invention ever.
Mine is programmed for 4 am. Most of the time I am up before it gets done. And I never use an alarm clock. Haven't used one for 20 years.
<===Lefty===

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:33 AM »
I drink a lot of cold coffee and it makes me poop. Which is bad for the people in my office.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:42 AM »
I drink a lot of cold coffee and it makes me poop. Which is bad for the people in my office.

Of all the things in the world that are wrong cold coffee and/or warm beer are in the top ten... As far as your other observation: TMI.  :sick:  ;)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:48 AM »
For me, my coffee has to be hot. I can drink hot or cold tea, but coffee has to be hot. After many, many years of different brewers we have settled on the Keurig. Makes a great cup of fresh coffee every time. Too many years of drinking day old coffee that has set so long it would take the glaze off a billiard ball.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:06 AM »
It sounds like you work for either the IRS or the Department of Corrections. You may need more than coffee.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Federal Bureau of Prisons

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:18 AM »
I guess I’ve become one of those that only drinks hot coffee in the morning or out on the ice, otherwise it’s iced coffee during the day.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Stick,
I feel your pain brother! 30+ years State and County. After that many years, I can drink just about anything, but prefer my fresh ground Sun Roasted. Got to be hot!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:03 AM »
I've been drinking coffee since I was a kid in MN. In the Navy we ran on coffee. Sometimes it sat in the pot so long, we used it for paint remover!! After my heart attack and open heart surgery, my surgeon said I should give up caffeinated coffee and switch to decaf. I told him that wasn't going to happen, so he suggested  Folgers 1/2 Caff and it's a compromise I can live with! Full strength coffee gives me a buzz anymore!!! ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:05 AM »
I'm to the point that I need caffeine to stop the shakes. I'm only normal when I have my caffeine, no matter where it comes from.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 19, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Yeah if i dont have my coffee in me by 7 am Ill get a headache.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:09 PM »
When I was 5 years old my Aunt started me on coffee. She always drank hers with lots of sugar and plenty of cream. Eventually I did away with the sugar and cream and went to a bigger cup. The Dr. tells me two cups a day is good for you. I told him I never have more than 2 cups, just didn't tell him my cup is 34oz.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:21 PM »
 :thumbsup: :roflmao: :whistle:  :clap:

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #26 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:54 PM »
i don't drink coffee but im addicted to damn monster energy drinks..quite drinking booze almost 10 years now and started drinking monster or rockstar drinks and cant get away from them.i try to go a day without one and I get headaches and end up going to the store and buying those expensive drinks..

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I've been in the hospital and started getting bad headaches. They gave me pills that didn't do any good. I told them to give me a cup of caffeinated coffee, not the decaff crap, and they brought me some from the nurse's station!!! Headache disappeared!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:11 PM »
Oh I drink the energy drinks too. I only drink coffee until about noon then I switch over

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Last 2 surgeries I had when asked how I feel after the surgery I told them I just have a headache. Both times they said,so you drink coffee in the morning. Yep I say and they offer to bring me some coffee.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.