Author Topic: Salt water gear  (Read 308 times)

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
Salt water gear
« on: Nov 18, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Hey I know this is an ice fishing forum, but I would like to pick some brains cause you guys are goooood knowledge.

Can anyone tell me a place I might be able to pick up 2 speed reels for a wholesale price. These will be used in a chartered company in Alaska. Got have it so it will with stand salt. I also need some good prices on some fishing poles that can withstand big halibut. Thanks in advance. Tight Lines.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Salt water gear
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Happy, you may be drilling a dry hole on this Forum. That's more of big boy's gig there, charter fishing for Alaskan halibut. Tackledirect.com and alltackle.com are two of the most

popular online vendors but you're not going to get wholesale prices on much of anything unless you're a wholesaler. Avet, Accurate, and Penn are some of the better reels but you

really need to research what you'll actually need since a top of the line 2-speed can get up around a grand. Call some of the charter companies up there and ask them what

equipment they use on halibut. Personally, I've always thought halibut were like reeling up a refrigerator. Tasty, though. While you're there, try to get among some big salmon.

We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Salt water gear
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Check out Shimano TLD 2-Speed Conventional Reels, I have used TLDs for guiding for years with no failers yet (I have worn out a couple) but for the price... As for a rod that will take the terrible abuse from clients, check out Shakespeare Ugly Stik Custom Boat Rods.

Best of luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.