The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: clam plate shopping  (Read 1043 times)

Offline oldskidoo

• IceShanty Rookie
clam plate shopping
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 11:06 AM »
I am new to posting but have lurked here many times.
As I am recovering from shoulder surgery I have been thinking about making drilling holes easier this winter. I found a used Milwaukee Fuel drill on ebay and picked up a couple batteries. After this purchase I read about the new Ridgid Octane drill. Overall my used purchase was less expensive but may have reconsidered if I knew.
I then bought the clam plate adapter with auger and discovered that buying the plate and clam auger separately could be cheaper than the plate/auger kit. So now I have discovered lower pricing thru Home Depot website. The plate/auger kit usually go for $169.99 to $179.99 and the items separately from HD total $130.78 with free shipping.

Hope this helps anyone else shopping for new gear.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: clam plate shopping
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Did you remeber to get the extension added to the purchase separately price? I believe the kit comes with it, or just have to remeber to add it to an order. Without the length extension, you’ll be drilling in your knees
Besides that, welcome aboard!  I’ve been running with my M18/plate with 7” lazer for the past three seasons, absolutely love it. Though, I get a lot of attention on the ice with it lol.

Offline Sebago Bait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2018, 10:15 AM »
We have probably 50 clam plates in stock, along with 60 k drills and the adapter fir the clam plate. We also have the extensions for the l drill
http://www.sebagobait.com/
483 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME  04062
207-894-7141
207-894-7143 (fax)

Hours:
Mon-Thurs 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Fri 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Weekends starting at 5:00 am during ice fishing season (Jan 1, 2019)

THE HOME OF FREE AUGER BLADE SHARPENING

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:40 AM »
We have probably 50 clam plates in stock, along with 60 k drills and the adapter fir the clam plate. We also have the extensions for the l drill

Wayne could you fly a couple extensions over to me. Happy Drilling.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Three jiffy augers -will antone take them in trade for a battery operated lithium drill. or I will sell them out right. too old to carry a jiffy any more

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2018, 05:54 AM »
Three jiffy augers -will antone take them in trade for a battery operated lithium drill. or I will sell them out right. too old to carry a jiffy any more

Price of scrap iron is up. As heavy as they are you may get something
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.