The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Engel Bait cooler  (Read 965 times)

Offline IceMan100

• Team IceShanty Regular
Engel Bait cooler
« on: Oct 26, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Anybody using Engel Bait Coolers?   Was wondering how you like it?  How much bait in a 13 qt  Cooler?   Pro's and Con's ?

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Engel Bait cooler
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2018, 02:15 PM »
No but I just rigged my atv up for ice fishing and this was going to be my next purchase. I was hoping the 13qt could hold some shiners, smelt and suckers. If not at least smelt and shiners (5 dozen) and the suckers can stay in a small bucket.

Joe - If you are seeing this what size cooler do you have rigged up? I loved your set up and was hoping to make mine very similar with that custom box you had made.

I am also wondering how much bait the 13 can hold and if its better to go up in size for the extra water volume.
Just add water.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2018, 02:33 PM »

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2018, 06:13 PM »
I use the Engle bait cooler.  It can hold much more bait than you can in those small
bait pails.  I  have had it for around 7 or 8 years.  It is the 13qt.  If I were to be
buying it again I would get one with the add on 12 volt battery pack.  Mine doesn't
have it, but it is a great bait cooler.  I use it during the off season in my Polaris
Ranger for cool drinks.  The are far more expensive than the normal bait cooler but
far tougher.

Offline WalleyeBird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Love my 13qt. Only thing is the lid freezes down if left outside below zero F. Keep it in the shack and you’re good to go. Love the aerator. Plug it in to the truck between flags.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2018, 08:51 PM »
I bought the Engle for $50 last year from Austin Kayak with one of their monthly coupons. If you sign up for the newsletter, you'll get a 10% or 15% off coupon every month. I was in lucky enough that my credit card price protection gave it to me for $7 after it was posted on that price at that price on another site that cancelled all the orders. I was very happy with it at the $50 I paid and recommend it without reservation.

I still think the same thing. I recommend it without reservation.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Love my 13qt. Only thing is the lid freezes down if left outside below zero F. Keep it in the shack and you’re good to go. Love the aerator. Plug it in to the truck between flags.

Has anyone tried cooking oil around the lid?
Just add water.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:44 AM »
I'll be trying some of that silicone dielectric grease on my seals this year. Start real thin and see where it takes me.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.