Author Topic: Any sneak peeks on new ice fishing gear?  (Read 19467 times)

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any sneak peeks on new ice fishing gear?
« Reply #90 on: Aug 10, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Well I pulled the trigger and placed the order through dicks since they have last years model in stock. It should be here next Tuesday, however with work and weather forecast, it looks like I won’t be able to try it till the week after. Before the ice season starts I’ll prob be ordering a lithium battery replacement to make the package lighter. I just wished they had the boat mount available for the ice mount stick. I’ve seen it in a few videos, but I guess they haven’t rolled it out yet. I’ll have to make the fishin buddy sonar mount I have work for the rest of this season.

ETA: this is a screenshot of the stick mount for the boat. The video was posted oct of 2017, any word about it being rolled out anytime soon?

I got nowhere with Garmin when I inquired about the open water mount, even though people on
Facebook had gotten them at shows. So I made an open water mount out of 1" schedule 80 PVC and mounted it using a 1" ram ball, ram arm, and 1" ram tough clamp. I read some stuff about the ice mount not being rigid enough for open water use when moving, but the schedule 80 PVC is super strong and not very expensive.

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Aug 10, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Thanks for the info and advise for the diy. Looking on amazon, it looks like it’ll be about $50 for the ram parts... I might have to do it for next year, I’ll see what I can make work for the rest of this season before ice.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #92 on: Aug 10, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Here is what the Vexilar glo-ring looks like.

I want one.

Offline prosty41

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Aug 10, 2018, 11:58 PM »
Anyone planning to switch from gas to ion Auger this year. I mentioned it to my wife and got an earful about how nothing is wrong with my gas Auger. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Aug 11, 2018, 07:59 AM »
I mentioned it to my wife and got an earful about how nothing is wrong with my gas Auger. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rookie.  :roflmao:

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Aug 11, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Anyone planning to switch from gas to ion Auger this year. I mentioned it to my wife and got an earful about how nothing is wrong with my gas Auger. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sold my Eskimo Z51 and bought a Rigid Drill, Hooked it up to a Mini Nero Auger and couldn't be happier. Cuts 2 to 2 1/2 times faster than the Eskimo and I always thought my Eskimo was faster than most other people out there. I always sharpened my own blades and never had a problem with the eskimo.
<===Lefty===

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Aug 14, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Received this email from Otter this morning regarding their new shelters:

Otter® Introduces New X-Over Series of Thermal Ice Shelters

For Immediate Release: August, 14, 2018. The toughest, strongest and warmest shelters on ice are now the most versatile as well. Otter’s new X-Over (“Cross Over”) flip-style ice shelters convert from traditional front-door entry to convenient side-door entry – and back again – in seconds. New EZ Lock Frame Assembly innovation reduces the time to initially assemble a X-Over shelter frame by 75 percent.

“No matter how you like to fish on the ice, we’ve got you covered with the new X-Over series,” says Otter National Sales Manager Troy Tufto. “We give you both options – you can fish traditionally out of the front door like you’re used to; or in seconds, you can convert to complete side-door entry and exit. That is on top of all the great features that have made us who we are – oversized square-tube framing, Patent Pending Otter ThermalTec shell, above-sled seating and a made-in-the-USA RotoMolded sled.”

Otter’s innovative new Patent Pending Quick-Switch frame allows the easy conversion from traditional front door to side-door entry. “You can convert to side entry and back again to traditional in seconds,” Tufto says. After setting up a X-Over shelter in the traditional flip-up manner, side-entry is enabled by simply reconnecting a frame post from the main hub to a connector on the bottom frame, re-positioning away from obstructing the zippered side door.

“We have spent the last year engineering a new way to make a side-entry fish house,” Tufto recalls. “We were confident we could build a series that had both the innovation and durability that Otter is know for.”

Most important, Tufto says, was ensuring ease of use. “One of the main factors in our engineering process was that it sets up just like a traditional fish house,” he says. “Anyone who’s ever fished out of a flip-style shelter won’t have to worry that it will be difficult to set up. There’s absolutely no difference.”

Ice anglers fishing with friends will especially appreciate the X-Over series’ side-entry option. “Since you both have your own door, you’ll both have more fishing area in front of you,” Tufto explains. “You don’t need to leave a pathway out of the front; you’re not crawling through your gear, through your fishing holes, through your flasher, through your heater. You’ve got unencumbered entrance and egress.”

Another innovative feature of the new X-Over series is the EZ Lock Assembly technology, which eliminates framing screws and reduces frame-assembly time by 75%.

“We used to have 40-some pieces for the frame in the hardware pack – now the frames are coming 80 percent pre-assembled in the box and we’ve eliminated the use of sheet-metal screws during assembly,” Tufto says. “That really wows people. Now we not only have strongest frame on the market, we have the easiest-to-assemble as well.”

X-Over shelters are available in two models – Otter XT Pro X-Over and Otter XT X-Over. XT Pro X-Over models feature Patent Pending Otter ThermalTec Triple Layer Insulated 1,200 Denier Shell, Deluxe Padded and Swivel Bucket seats and an Otter Pro Sled. XT X-Over models feature Patent Pending Otter ThermalTec Triple Layer Insulated 600 Denier Shell, Flip-Up Padded Bench seating and an Otter XT Sled. Both XT X-Over and XT Pro X-Over models are offered in four sizes – Cottage, Cabin, Lodge and Resort.

Each model and size feature the new Quick Switch Frame, EZ Lock technology and side-entry doors in addition to Otters 4S’s of game-changing innovative features, which are:

·     ThermalTec Insulated Shell – Otter’s patent-pending insulated shell stops wind and blocks light. The triple-layer system offers outstanding thermal qualities and virtually eliminates internal condensation.
·     Xtreme Duty Square Tube Framing – The key to an Otter shelter’s sturdiness is it’s heavy-duty, oversized square tube aluminum frame, integrated with anodized receiver tubes with an ultra-glide system.
·     Above-Sled Seating – All seating is mounted above the sled to maximize cargo access and capacity.
·     RotoMolded sled – Made in the USA and designed for cold weather and extreme conditions.

And here's a video:

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Aug 14, 2018, 09:44 AM »
I like!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Aug 14, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Yes please

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Aug 14, 2018, 10:41 AM »
And now Rapala just officially announced some new monofilament that should be available soon. It was first shown at iCast I believe. Sounds to me like it could provide some benefits for ice fishing.

Here's a link: http://blog.rapala.com/sufix/new-sufix-advance-monofilament-the-mono-that-thinks-its-a-braid/

Edit: It's actually available for purchase on their website now!

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Aug 14, 2018, 12:42 PM »
And now Rapala just officially announced some new monofilament that should be available soon. It was first shown at iCast I believe. Sounds to me like it could provide some benefits for ice fishing.

Here's a link: http://blog.rapala.com/sufix/new-sufix-advance-monofilament-the-mono-that-thinks-its-a-braid/

Edit: It's actually available for purchase on their website now!

Intriguing. I wish they went down to 2lbs though.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Aug 14, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Cant forget that Rapala dropped MarCums two new camera's on their website yesterday....

https://www.rapala.com/rapala/all-new-arrivals/marcum-new-arrivals/

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Aug 14, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Upnorthsports.com leaked a bunch of new product.  Namely Clam.  Looks like new suits, a new dead stick rod, new boots, a fishing/tackle backpack.  I'm still looking through it as I type this.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Aug 15, 2018, 12:43 AM »
Upnorthsports.com leaked a bunch of new product.  Namely Clam.  Looks like new suits, a new dead stick rod, new boots, a fishing/tackle backpack.  I'm still looking through it as I type this.

not everything they are showing is new this year some of it came out last year. there might be minor changes to some stuff but there is not really that much stuff that is new this year. official Clam product release coming in 3 or 4 days. The Pro Staff members are going to be getting the run down on the new stuff this Friday at the annual Pro Day they hold for use each year. the new stuff along with the rest of the product line will be on display at the MN State Fair.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:29 AM »
It'd be nice if they quit pricing their tackle above all the other brands. Its by no means better than the rest for most things.

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Aug 15, 2018, 08:19 AM »

not everything they are showing is new this year some of it came out last year. there might be minor changes to some stuff but there is not really that much stuff that is new this year. official Clam product release coming in 3 or 4 days. The Pro Staff members are going to be getting the run down on the new stuff this Friday at the annual Pro Day they hold for use each year. the new stuff along with the rest of the product line will be on display at the MN State Fair.

Yeah I'll be at that pro day and I can tell you there is a lot of new stuff on the website, did you go through and look at all the pages?

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/ice-fishing-bibs/ice-armor-rise-float-bib-black-blue-2019.html

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/ice-fishing-jackets/ice-armor-rise-float-parka-black-blue-2019.html

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/ice-fishing-jackets/ice-armor-extreme-advantage-parka-black-blue-2019.html

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/ice-fishing-bibs/ice-armor-extreme-advantage-bib-2019.html

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-apparel/ice-fishing-footwear/ice-armor-sub-zero-x-boot-2019.html

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-accessories/ice-fishing-rod-cases/clam-ultimate-ice-backpack-2019.html

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-portable-houses/ice-fishing-ice-house-accessories/clam-bluetooth-led-hub-light-2019.html    I can't remember if this is new

https://www.upnorthsports.com/ice-fishing/ice-fishing-rods-reels/ice-fishing-rods/clam-jason-mitchell-dead-meat-rod-2019.html

I'm sure there will be a lot more released at pro day though.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Aug 15, 2018, 10:49 AM »
That new Clam bluetooth light looks pretty dang cool, not sure if it's worth $90 though...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #107 on: Aug 15, 2018, 09:49 PM »
That new Clam bluetooth light looks pretty dang cool, not sure if it's worth $90 though...

For $90 they should have speakers on them.

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:25 AM »
For $90 they should have speakers on them.

And be a smart speaker!!  "OK GOOGLE......."

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:30 AM »
I'm sure ebay has something similar for a lot less

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Aug 16, 2018, 12:01 PM »
I'm sure ebay has something similar for a lot less

Just buy a strip of RGB leds from amazon for $10 and an RGB remote for $5. Plug them directly into your flasher battery and you’ve just saved yourself about 75 bucks. Even if you needed a battery, SLA batteries are relatively dirt cheap. I got a 12v 12ah battery for $25 shipped. You could even use AA battery packs (especially for low powered leds).

Honestly, diy leds are the way to go if leds are your thing. No need to shell out $100 dollars for any led light (for ice fishing anyways). It’s products like this that make me not a huge fan of Clam. Kind of like their $100 folding chair that’s awkward and bulky. Don’t get me started on their jigs. Their price to value ratio has always seemed way off to me. However, I absolutely love my Clam Plate. Ok, ok, Clam rant over :)
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Aug 16, 2018, 03:02 PM »
Received this email from Otter this morning regarding their new shelters:

Doesn't look like they changed the XT Hideout at all.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Aug 16, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Just buy a strip of RGB leds from amazon for $10 and an RGB remote for $5. Plug them directly into your flasher battery and you’ve just saved yourself about 75 bucks. Even if you needed a battery, SLA batteries are relatively dirt cheap. I got a 12v 12ah battery for $25 shipped. You could even use AA battery packs (especially for low powered leds).

Honestly, diy leds are the way to go if leds are your thing. No need to shell out $100 dollars for any led light (for ice fishing anyways). It’s products like this that make me not a huge fan of Clam. Kind of like their $100 folding chair that’s awkward and bulky. Don’t get me started on their jigs. Their price to value ratio has always seemed way off to me. However, I absolutely love my Clam Plate. Ok, ok, Clam rant over :)

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: good old clam

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Aug 16, 2018, 11:29 PM »
http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2018-2019.html?limit=all

I think I found the webpage with Clam's new products a little early!  ;D

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Aug 17, 2018, 09:25 AM »
I went to the Strikemaster Lithium last year when they had the deal going for an extra battery and it was the best fishing purchase I’ve ever made, open water or ice. I got 108 holes through 23” on Lake Pahoja back in January (one battery) just to see what it would do and still had juice left. Two batteries would easily get most people through a week long trip. I didn’t baby the batteries either, it was 10° out and I left the spare in the little cubby below the seat on my Nanook. End of the day it showed full charge, I drilled about 10 or so holes with it and it still read full charge.

It’s soooooo nice just grabbing the auger and pushing a button. No pull starting, flooding, noise, gas leaking...and it’s faster than most gas augers.

Don’t ask your wife, just go buy one and tell her about it afterwards. What’s she going to do, divorce you?

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Aug 17, 2018, 11:59 AM »
+1
I’ve been running electric drill with clam plate since I got into the sport a few years back, all my friends are converting to drill or electric augers too.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Aug 17, 2018, 12:35 PM »
I'll probably use gas forever,  a well maintained 2 stroke starts in 2 pulls or so and isn't one more thing to plug in when I get home.  Parts are cheap with used augers sometimes going for as low as 60 and nearly everything can be fixed myself.

Offline cardinalsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Aug 22, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Here's a few from Eurotackle.  Two new sizes of Z-Viber and a new lure, the Z-Darter

https://www.eurotackle.net/

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #118 on: Sep 05, 2018, 11:53 AM »

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #119 on: Sep 05, 2018, 12:08 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.