Author Topic: Tundra Tackle lighted jigging spoon  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
Tundra Tackle lighted jigging spoon
« on: Jan 08, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these? Saw them at scheels with a tag claiming "the best all around bait" or something to that effect. Does it live up to that claim?
Thanks.

"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tundra Tackle lighted jigging spoon
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2018, 09:30 PM »
I'd be more concerned with whether they are legal to use in the state where it would be used.
Some states have laws against using lights underwater for fishing.
Luckily here in MA lights are legal, but NH they are not.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2018, 09:34 PM »
I'd be more concerned with whether they are legal to use in the state where it would be used.
Some states have laws against using lights underwater for fishing.
Luckily here in MA lights are legal, but NH they are not.

They are legal here in iowa, so that's no concern. I doubt they would sell it at scheels if it wasn't.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2018, 09:37 PM »
I've yet to catch a fish with mine. Completely legal here in ND lights ok if part of lure but not ok otherwise.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:19 PM »
I've yet to catch a fish with mine. Completely legal here in ND lights ok if part of lure but not ok otherwise.
What are you fishing for with them?
-Johnny Cash

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I've tried them when fishing for basically everything. Walleye, perch, pike. Might be small enough for a crappie to hit I'll have to try this weekend.

Offline DrewFlu33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2018, 02:20 PM »
I picked up several of them.  Haven't had a chance to try them out just yet, but they'll be put through their paces on Lake of the Woods at the end of the month if nothing else.   They're really, really bright as far as lures go. Especially if you're comparing them to a glow jig.   

Again remembering that I have yet to fish with them, my initial thought is that they're too bright and overbearing to reliably expect fish to eat them (not saying that they won't...instead I figure you'll need to come across a really aggressive fish), but that they'll be very effective for jigging up off the bottom next to a deadstick.  They should be able to call in curious fish from a long way away.  Once the fish arrives to find a wounded minnow struggling, it's easy meal time.

They recently announced on their Facebook page that they've got a prototype for panfish that's expected next year. I took this to mean the same type of lighted spoon in a smaller size.  I'm pretty excited about that.  Could be effective for crappies, perch, and for the times when the walleyes are a little more shy.

Offline Bull Herbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2018, 09:55 PM »
I picked up 2 of them and went after walleye. One worked really well caught two nice fish plus quite a few on other poles. Maybe the light brought them in. The other wouldn't light up, returned it to the store got it replaced (thanks Outfitters). I also picked up another one because when it lit up I really liked it. One week later I go out again this time 2 of them light up but very dim then stop working the other one works good. The 2 that stopped working were pink the one that worked was blue. I really like the light but if they only work one trip they are way to expensive for that.
There are two types of people. Those who are humble, and those who are about to be.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.