The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo F1 Rocket Fuel Leak  (Read 1692 times)

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo F1 Rocket Fuel Leak
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Good Evening Folks,

So I have a three week old f1 rocket. Auger has worked great the last few weeks. Ive drilled about 100 holes the last two weeks with I have no complaints.

Until Wednesday.... It was cold here up north and I brought the auger out and it wouldnt start. Followed all the directions and with my experience of small engines I couldnt get it to pop off. It ended up flooding and took a bit to clear out and then started. I cleared it out and it cooled down. Now everytime I prime it it leaks fuel out of the airbox. My brother bought a Stingray this year and his did the same thing but we exchanged it and he went up to the Mako, which for mine being a "rocket" that 10cc makes a big difference.

My question is: Is this normal for Eskimop Augers or anyone else's augers or should I go talk to my local shop and exchange it or even look into the propane version?

Thanks in Advance!

:tipup:

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eskimo F1 Rocket Fuel Leak
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:42 PM »
This is the definition of anecdotal so take it with a big grain of salt.  When I was in the local bait shop the other day the owner was on the phone with someone chewing mad ass about having to return a bunch of brand new augers because they were leaking.  The only two augers I've seen there were the Rocket and the Ion, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Ion leaking.  I was in a rush so didn't wait for him to get off the phone but I'll ask him about it next time we speak as I've been eyeing one up.

The weight is what got me interested but I want something fast, how quick would you say she cuts?
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:16 PM »
This is the definition of anecdotal so take it with a big grain of salt.  When I was in the local bait shop the other day the owner was on the phone with someone chewing mad ass about having to return a bunch of brand new augers because they were leaking.  The only two augers I've seen there were the Rocket and the Ion, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Ion leaking.  I was in a rush so didn't wait for him to get off the phone but I'll ask him about it next time we speak as I've been eyeing one up.

The weight is what got me interested but I want something fast, how quick would you say she cuts?

The weight and the price point are why I bought it. It cuts good but not as fast as my brothers Mako. But I will trade the slightly slower cut time for the loss of weight

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:27 PM »
...everytime I prime it it leaks fuel out of the airbox.

It will do that if you put the choke on before you prime it, or if the primer tube has come loose from its placement inside the airbox. 

If you're sure your priming BEFORE turning the choke on and it still leaks, take off the airbox and filter and make sure the primer tube is directed into the carb throat.

Tight lines,
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.