New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Pinehurst Hamburg  (Read 1920 times)

Offline 14715hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
Pinehurst Hamburg
« on: Feb 08, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Just curious how the conditions at pinehurst are and if anyone can recommend locations to park? Thanks y’all! :tipup:

Offline Jigger Don

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pinehurst Hamburg
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Ice varies but most I was on was 10 ish we hit a few spots of 5-6 in you can park at Hamburg beach I believe it’s $10 for a non resident pass

Offline 14715hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2018, 11:52 PM »
Thanks buddy!! How did you do??

Offline Jigger Don

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2018, 05:56 PM »
A few eyes and some perch

Offline Jimbobcooter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • dilly dilly
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:48 PM »
How far out where you ? And I know it's crazy but is it walkable with the snow I don't have a machine?
Dilly, Dilly !!

Offline Jigger Don

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:23 PM »
It’s a long ass walk and with snow on the ice it’s gonna a rough walk maybe if you wait a bit and let the machines pack a trail out it might not be too bad dragging but guys are about 4-5miles out

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:24 PM »
It was a good day. Ice was fine. Travel was a bit challenging with the snow. The squall that came in at the end of the day had 4 grown men questioning navigational equipment and general orienteering. We had a couple Lake Erie 1st-timers with us. They're hooked now !!

Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:02 PM »
Same here Jackie with the navigational equipment. GPS told us go towards Sturgeon Point, got the compass out. GPS did correct after a while. Snow, and pine trees sometimes screw up signal to satellites. Had 12 - 14" of ice. We were out close to 5 miles. Some walkers were out a mile. Not sure if they did anything. About 8" of snow when we left. Slow for us, trying another spot in the AM.

Offline 14715hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:40 AM »
I was out on foot 2 miles on sun/mon.  The ice was solid with multiple layers to drill through in spots.  That must be from a previous break up.  Fishing was slow but I did manage to get into a handful of jumbos each day.  The water depth was about 30'-35'.  Everyone with a machine was at least another 2 miles out.  Hope this upcoming warm spell doesn't mess things up.  Stay safe y'all! :tipup:

Offline TheCommonMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Anyone going out this weekend? Trying to decide where to go based on conditions of course...

Offline thegoods

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Anyone going out this weekend? Trying to decide where to go based on conditions of course...

I doubt youll find any takers.   Top layer of ice was getting real soft monday with a lot of water.   10 in holes from day before were 16 inch toilet bowls.  Going over 50mph on a sled hydroplaning entire time is not as fun as it sounds.  IMO its done. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.