Author Topic: TRASH FISH TO FIGHT HUNGER?  (Read 5151 times)

Offline danceswmuskys

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat more sea kittens. It's what's for supper.
Re: TRASH FISH TO FIGHT HUNGER?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 09, 2018, 11:45 AM »
I custom order my armadillo hats from down south. they stop everything
they told me the one they sent me was a custom hard shelled possum.

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2018, 03:30 PM »
|More than 90 % of climatologists world wide put the vast increase in the rate of climate change directly at the feet of pollution caused by burning fossil fuels.  Those climate scientists include educated people at NASA, the US Department of Defense and PhDs at every top tier university in the free world.

Now, I'm sure climate change deniers get a little thrill up their leg when they hear talk radio hosts and consewervative politicians, without any formal training in physics, spout ignorance.

But answer this.  If you were going for a life or death operation who would you want to do it, an experienced doctor who knew what he was doing, or a talk radio host?

And maybe all those educated, experienced people using the scientific method are all wrong.  (That's a statistical impossibility, but bear with me...)  So if they are wrong the fallout is a further increase of new, clean technology that will provide good paying jobs for the next 100 years.

If the deniers are wrong then our grandchildren will struggle to get enough food and water to live.  Not to mention the millions of refugees that will overwhelm the richer countries and the wars to secure water & food.

With all of the evidence out there to see if one only looks it doesn't make sense to believe there's no proof of climate change.  Especially when you're being lied to by guys who've failed at everything they tried until they became propagandiists...
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2018, 03:35 PM »
|More than 90 % of climatologists world wide put the vast increase in the rate of climate change directly at the feet of pollution caused by burning fossil fuels.  Those climate scientists include educated people at NASA, the US Department of Defense and PhDs at every top tier university in the free world.

Now, I'm sure climate change deniers get a little thrill up their leg when they hear talk radio hosts and consewervative politicians, without any formal training in physics, spout ignorance.

But answer this.  If you were going for a life or death operation who would you want to do it, an experienced doctor who knew what he was doing, or a talk radio host?

And maybe all those educated, experienced people using the scientific method are all wrong.  (That's a statistical impossibility, but bear with me...)  So if they are wrong the fallout is a further increase of new, clean technology that will provide good paying jobs for the next 100 years.

If the deniers are wrong then our grandchildren will struggle to get enough food and water to live.  Not to mention the millions of refugees that will overwhelm the richer countries and the wars to secure water & food.

With all of the evidence out there to see if one only looks it doesn't make sense to believe there's no proof of climate change.  Especially when you're being lied to by guys who've failed at everything they tried until they became propagandiists...

And 40 years ago, scientists swore (with the majority of them agreeing) that we were going to enter an ice age for the next hundred or so.....

How'd that work out?
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2018, 04:36 PM »
How the "Global Cooling" Story Came to Be

Nine paragraphs written for Newsweek in 1975 continue to trump 40 years of climate science. It is a record that has its author amazed

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-global-cooling-story-came-to-be/

Look, I know it has "scientific" in the title, but don't be afraid to read it.  You just might learn something...

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Don't believe in climate change? Energy companies do

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/tomlinson/article/Big-Oil-promises-to-fight-climate-change-plans-12561758.php?utm_source=chron&utm_medium=linkmodule&utm_campaign=btfpm

"While some conservative political leaders still deny that the Earth is heating up due to humans burning fossil fuels and releasing greenhouse gases, the people who produce those fuels and chemicals have recognized the imperative to limit global warming to a rise of 2 degrees Celsius."

Poor joe consewervative wasn't feeling well.  So he went to 100 doctors.  More than 90 of the doctors diagnosed joe with cancer.  Still not convinced, joe consulted a few talk radio hosts and right wing politicians.  They all agreed it was athlete's foot.

Joe stopped on the way home and bought foot powder...

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:16 PM »
When global warming no longer stood up to the test,alarmist ( Al goofy Gore ) decided to change the name to climate change.Climate change,now who in their right mind could argue with that wording ?...I say we can all agree in climate change,seeing as climate change is just fancy wording for what we simple folks have always called " THE WEATHER "

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:20 PM »
Weather and climate are two different things.  Maybe that's why deniers don't understand climate change...

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Thread title is "TRASH FISH TO FIGHT HUNGER?" and yet the OP hijacks his own thread.   ::)
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:34 PM »
When global warming no longer stood up to the test,alarmist ( Al goofy Gore ) decided to change the name to climate change.Climate change,now who in their right mind could argue with that wording ?...I say we can all agree in climate change,seeing as climate change is just fancy wording for what we simple folks have always called " THE WEATHER "

Yep.  The latest moonbat excuse for cities like Miami not being underwater like the AlGore proclaimed was a "scientific certainty" (note the word "science") is that the ocean floors are "compressing", which is why the water level isn't rising "as science dictated it would".....

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:44 PM »
I keep reading Al Gore's name here like he's the be-all and end-all for the foolish denial of human caused climate change.  He's one guy and not a climate scientist. 

Scientists all over the world including those at NASA, The US Defense Department and  PhD's at every top tier research university in the free world say that climate change is accelerating due to humans burning fossil fuels.

Yet deniers ignore the all of that proven evidence and cling to their short-sighted denial based only upon the mistaken utterances of Al Gore

What I don't understand is how deniers can make the illogical leap that because one guy is wrong we should throw out 40 years of solid, scientifically valid research.

I'm sorry, but that's idiotic.

If 90% of scientists in the world are wrong the result is new clean technology and good paying jobs for the next 100 years.

What happens if the deniers are wrong?

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #70 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:00 PM »
theres no fixing whats wrong lol. mother natures eventually gonna put a beatdown on ppl, and thats that
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline Hooked up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:37 PM »
The earth is 4.54 billion years old give or take 50 million years. I wonder what all the scientist would have said prior to all of the changes to the earth that have already taken place.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #72 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Hard to hide the averages of the ocean water surface temperature historical charts. That pretty much says it all. Just go to NOAA  and look it up, not oh it’s cold here and warm over here. The hurricanes and storms are going to keep getting worse. And the oceans are rising wether you like it or not.
I don’t care what happened a million years ago or what will happen in another million years we have to live now, and our kids and grandkids here and now! We are F’ing up the climate now!

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 09, 2018, 11:02 PM »
Climate change is a natural occurrence, it happened many many times before humans were ever here. The real issue is, what impact are we really having to speed it up with our emissions. When we take steps to minimize our output of pollution, it does help all the living things on the planet so it’s not pointless. But to say we are the ones that caused global warming/cooling is giving us a bit too much credit. Sure we’ve made drastic and some horrible changes to the environment, and who knows what they are spraying/doing in the sky (those are not the same as the vapor trails I remember seeing years ago), but global climate changes happen with or without us. What we put into the environment or what what do to each other may very well be what dooms us all, but the planet and life will still go through it’s cycles and adapt.

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #74 on: Feb 10, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Like Jim Morrison said "I'm going to get my kicks before the whole sh@t house goes up in flames"
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:45 AM »
 :clap: :thumbsup:
Like Jim Morrison said "I'm going to get my kicks before the whole sh@t house goes up in flames"

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #76 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Ain’t there any ice where all you people live? I just got off the lake, good day good ice! Looks like it is going to be good till the end of the month! Go some place else to argue your politics and conspiracy theories. I thought the title of the thread was worth looking at. Turns out I was wrong. You all have a a great rest of the season!
Keep it safe! JDL

Online grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:56 PM »
Oh hellyeah! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wise dead man!

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 10, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Illuminati
Catching Any?

Offline walleyeslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish obsessed
« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Ain’t there any ice where all you people live? I just got off the lake, good day good ice! Looks like it is going to be good till the end of the month! Go some place else to argue your politics and conspiracy theories. I thought the title of the thread was worth looking at. Turns out I was wrong. You all have a a great rest of the season!
Keep it safe! JDL
hey thanks man....you too lol
HeRE FisHIe FisHIE

Offline bsrkoacar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:46 PM »

Climate is recorded weather averages of at least 30 years.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:07 PM »
I've known about climate change since I was a young lad- spring, summer, fall, winter. If it's warm wear less, if it's cold wear more ;)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #82 on: Feb 12, 2018, 03:18 PM »

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:20 PM »
i've been a proponent for consuming "trash species" forever.
most of the time, people seem think a fish isn't good because it isn't necessarily "nice" to look at, and that couldn't be further from the truth. suckers, carp, chubs, all are good for eating. honestly, whenever someone tells me they don't like to eat a certain species of fish, 9 times out of 10, i find out its because of the way that fish handled and prepared.

granted, some bodies of water are unfortunately polluted to the point where certain species of fish are deemed unsafe to eat, but by that same token, i wouldn't be too keen on eating ANY fish from those waters. fortunately for me, Idaho has plenty of clean water.

take some time, do some research, learn how to properly handle and prepare something like a sucker or a carp, and give it a shot.

Offline cardinalsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Feb 12, 2018, 08:46 PM »
Global cooling turned out to be BS, then global warming turned out to be BS, so now we have climate change so pretty much anything can be blamed on humans and of course the only solution is more government!......but then we'll have man made climate stasis which, of course requires politicians to fix!

The great lakes, glacial lakes of SD are pretty good evidence that climate change has been happening long before the industrial revolution.

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:09 AM »
I keep reading Al Gore's name here like he's the be-all and end-all for the foolish denial of human caused climate change.  He's one guy and not a climate scientist. 

Now wait just a ga'll dog minute, didn't he invent the internet? He must be one smart dude ;D

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:32 AM »

The great lakes, glacial lakes of SD are pretty good evidence that climate change has been happening long before the industrial revolution.

But that doesn't fit the alarmist "narrative" so it's ignored....

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:40 AM »
in many areas trashfish have soaked in enormous amounts of chemicals and are warned to not eat much of.   and most shelters will only take professionally prepared meat.   It sucks but is understandable. 

as for the rest of the post, maybe a CO detector in the shack is warranted.

Offline jtsteel

• IceShanty Rookie
  • So many fish , So little time.....

Offline Walleyewacker007

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:52 PM »
All these libtards like Leo Dipcrapeo and Al Gore et al who always whine about "climate change" are still flying the world over in thier jets, living in thier mansions and have 10 fold the average carbon footprint of any normal person. The key to understanding this whole debate is to look at what these frauds propose as the solution...a tax on carbon, like that will solve anything. Plants need co2 and grow faster/bigger with more. The IGPCC(Inter Governmental Panel on Climate Change) own research admits if we cut ALL co2 in US it would only lower temps by 1/10th of 1%. These frauds also DON'T include the SUN as a major driver of the climate!!!! Only a complete moron doesn't know the sun has the MOST effect on our climate...kinda like how it gets colder the further we get from it. How can we have a serious debate about human effect on climate change without discussing Stratospheric Aerosol Injection aka geoengineering aka chemtrails. Don't take my word, read the Stanford or NASA research on it...that is also science...doncha know. Look up some real facts before spouting your fakestream media libtard talking points. When Leo and Al stop jetsetting, maybe thier message will be more effective.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.