Author Topic: paying it forward  (Read 97738 times)

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: paying it forward
« Reply #390 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:01 PM »
X2
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline clam man 926

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #391 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Bump

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #392 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Quick roll call on unclaimed but still available stuff?

I still have two redneck chisel covers: https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=323774.msg3705617#msg3705617
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #393 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:01 AM »
I have a set of skis for anyone that wants to make a smitty or wants them for down hill skiing. Bindings are still on them.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #394 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:51 AM »
I have a pair of wooden HT tip ups with a canvas case. I bought them years ago thinking I would use them but I don't. Local lake has a 2 line limit and that includes tip ups. They have been on a shelf in my office for years and are like new. I've only used them twice. I don't want to ship them so if you are close to Morrison,  IL you could come and get them.  Sorry I don't have a photo.
jbird68

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #395 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Ok, heres a request that I feel bad asking.  But here's my story...I teach HS Phys.Ed in a rural school....I'm starting an ice fishing unit and all that goes with it...tip ups, tip downs, dressing warm, electronics, gas augers, hand drilling, etc...I really would like to get a drill for them to use with one of the hand augers.  I'm tapped out financially and have donated all I can....I figured I at least ask (I know its a big request), but would anyone be willing to donate (pass on) a drill/ battery kit.  If not, I'd understand...big item...but if so, it would mean a lot to us. 
Thanks
PM me you can help...I will be passing on
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
« Reply #396 on: Feb 13, 2018, 12:54 PM »
I have a Lowrance x510c transom transducer that I'm looking to move out of my basement. It has the blue connector. If someone is wanting it let me know. I would just ask that you pay shipping.

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #397 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:59 PM »
over the summer, over july more than likely, if my brother decides he doesnt want to get into ice fishing, then i will have 2 medium action ht rod combos that i believe are 24 inches that i would be willing to put up for a beginning angler
~Good Luck~

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #398 on: Feb 13, 2018, 04:36 PM »
over the summer, over july more than likely, if my brother decides he doesnt want to get into ice fishing, then i will have 2 medium action ht rod combos that i believe are 24 inches that i would be willing to put up for a beginning angler

if it comes available, let me know, I'll take at least one. Trying to get something for this page in return.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #399 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:02 PM »

if it comes available, let me know, I'll take at least one. Trying to get something for this page in return.

Ill contact you if they come available
~Good Luck~

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #400 on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Bump
~Good Luck~

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #401 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:17 AM »
the auger is spoken for and going to agronomist for a cousin of his hope he enjoys it

Never have seen the auger yet.

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #402 on: Feb 26, 2018, 10:22 PM »
It's about that time we get rid of some of our extra "junk" from this season.  I'll start it off.

Eskimo redneck 2 piece chisel, never used. If you're interested, pm me and we'll talk about shipping (I have no idea how much $ it'd be, weighs 10lbs)

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #403 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:45 AM »
It's about that time we get rid of some of our extra "junk" from this season.  I'll start it off.

Eskimo redneck 2 piece chisel, never used. If you're interested, pm me and we'll talk about shipping (I have no idea how much $ it'd be, weighs 10lbs)
Spud bar is spoken for. Let's see sone other people get rid of some stuff and pay it forward!

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #404 on: Mar 01, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Remember, if you get something from this youre supposed to put up an item of your own to give away, please remember to do that, happy fishing, tight lines, and let the flags fly high for the rest of the season!
~Good Luck~

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #405 on: Mar 01, 2018, 12:21 PM »
guys, diff request; guy on another thread a while ago said he had a LowranceH2O, ,n, his ol lady busted him with it , or busted it with him, or something. any way i can,t find the thread, ,n, i have one i,ve owned for years ,n, never used i,ll pay forward to him if i can find who it is. thanks wire. ( maybe he was fishin the wrong hole ,n, she clocked him?) lol

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #406 on: Mar 01, 2018, 01:09 PM »
I'm hoping for a positive update agronomist.? I have noticed Azbass has accepted a tip up from me; jigs from another and also asked for some rods. I hope for the sanctity of this thread he would pay it forward.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #407 on: Mar 01, 2018, 02:00 PM »
ive  got quite a few things from the pay it forward too.but have always put  a item back on here to pay it forward..hope noone is grabbing and going.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #408 on: Mar 01, 2018, 02:40 PM »
I'm hoping for a positive update agronomist.? I have noticed Azbass has accepted a tip up from me; jigs from another and also asked for some rods. I hope for the sanctity of this thread he would pay it forward.

Yeah that's not cool if this is true

Offline Jayice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #409 on: Mar 04, 2018, 12:54 PM »
Sounds like he took and ran hope it's not the case tho

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #410 on: Mar 04, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Sounds like he took and ran hope it's not the case tho

Me too. I sent him about $35 worth of tungsten and paid for shipping. Said he was giving them to his boys. Hopefully that’s the case and he’s not just scoring free gear. I haven’t even accepted a “pay it forward” item yet and honestly don’t plan on it. However, I still plan on paying it forward to help some guys out. I’m hoping he comes back on to set some things straight. Even a pack of bare hooks he doesn’t use would be enough to pass along. If not, I’ll just remember the name for the future of this thread.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #411 on: Mar 05, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Passing off a two piece chisel to a buddy of SHaRPS today. They work for the same company so he can put it on the company trailer for free shipping. SHaRPS is giving it to a buddy who can use it. Hopefully they keep the kind gestures goin

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #412 on: Mar 06, 2018, 12:07 PM »
Hey AJV!

I should get this tomorrow depending on the incoming storm. My ice season is over so I will put a package together to pay it forward as I am putting my gear away. Maybe my buddy has a few jigs he can toss in as well. You will hear back from me soon. Great thing going here!
Just add water.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #413 on: Mar 07, 2018, 06:54 AM »
Me too. I sent him about $35 worth of tungsten and paid for shipping. Said he was giving them to his boys. Hopefully that’s the case and he’s not just scoring free gear. I haven’t even accepted a “pay it forward” item yet and honestly don’t plan on it. However, I still plan on paying it forward to help some guys out. I’m hoping he comes back on to set some things straight. Even a pack of bare hooks he doesn’t use would be enough to pass along. If not, I’ll just remember the name for the future of this thread.
sounds like he's making out like a bandit, but burning his bridges behind him. Not cool. Jan 10 was his last post on the site.

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #414 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:19 AM »
sounds like he's making out like a bandit, but burning his bridges behind him. Not cool. Jan 10 was his last post on the site.

hmmm, wondering if we should almost have someone who has his address give it out, not saying anyone would do anything but its always a possibility ;) ;) ;)
~Good Luck~

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #415 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:25 AM »
 Just the fact that AZbassernCO is taking out his seven-year-old fishing is enough for me. Too bad he didn’t follow through on the auger, but I’m sure once he gets back on the site he will make it right. Who knows, maybe he’s a married man and made a promise that he couldn’t keep because of his other half. Maybe money is tight? Maybe he does not have a ice  where he is at and that is the reason he has not been on the Shanty a little while. He hasn’t logged in since January 25. I don’t see anything in the rules of this thread that because you  received something that you should have to pay it forward by giving something else in return. Cool to do that, absolutely. I just don’t think it’s right to throw a guy under the bus when he might have made an honest mistake. Getting tired of reading about it frankly.  A few months ago, I had several packages ready to send out to different guys on the site and my wife said we didn’t have the money at the time. So the packages sat on the counter until we did. Life happens. Rant over. While I’m on here though I guess I could put a package of open water Lures together for  three individuals who claim them. I will put four Rapala type crank baits in a package for the first three to reply and get them out as soon as I can afford the postage. LOL

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #416 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Just the fact that AZbasserncol is taking out his seven-year-old fishing is enough for me. Too bad he didn’t follow through on the auger, but I’m sure once he gets back on the site he will make it right. Who knows, maybe he’s a married man and made a promise that he couldn’t keep because of his other half. Maybe money is tight? Maybe he does not have a ice  where he is at and that is the reason he has not been on the Shanty a little while. He hasn’t logged in since January 25. I don’t see anything in the rules of this thread that because you  received something that you should have to pay it forward by giving something else in return. Cool to do that, absolutely. I just don’t think it’s right to throw a guy under the bus when he might have made an honest mistake. Getting tired of reading about it frankly.  A few months ago, I had several packages ready to send out to different guys on the site and my wife said we didn’t have the money at the time. So the packages sat on the counter until we did. Life happens. Rant over. While I’m on here though I guess I could put a package of open water Lures together for  three individuals who claim them. I will put four Rapala type crank baits in a package for the first three to reply and get them out as soon as I can afford the postage. LOL
id like them prospector.whenever you can ship is fine with me if still available,ill post a  item up in a few minutes

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #417 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Great! For those who want them, please let me know here and PM me your address and I will get them sent off. Have a super day

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #418 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Ive got some cj and s jigs up for grab.i will ship out when i have some time to the 1st guy that replies.

Offline Johnny5dime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #419 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Ive got some cj and s jigs up for grab.i will ship out when i have some time to the 1st guy that replies.

Id love to take them off your hands!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.