Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614448 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11760 on: Feb 18, 2018, 06:46 AM »
28 degrees with about 3" of new snow.
Fishing yesterday was not good to the group. Only 4 small walleyes and 1 pike. Nothing in the money. Weather was good. However, one of the guys in the group won a Kawasaki 750 ATV with the works on it. About a 10k machine. There are 1750 entries sold and Matt had band 1750. We can't believe our "luck" when it comes to the drawings. Biggest walleye entered was just over 5lbs and about 340 walleyes were brought in to be weighed...Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11761 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Wally, Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Sunny windy and 30* with about 2" of fresh snow that fell overnight, high of 36 here today.

Jeff...best of luck to all of the family today hunting those lakers, hope it's a double digit day for everyone!!  :thumbsup:  Great job on the crappies last evening...gotta love those solo trips paying off!   :clap:
  Wally...best of luck to you and Mr.WW also today, hope you land right on top of them!  :thumbsup:  We hit the two lakes we planned on yesterday...pounded the perch on one, but most were small, a few keepers. The second lake we had a decent bite with bluegills and a few nice crappies....no complaints!
  Bud..hope that nasty bug has almost run its course, best wishes on a speedy recovery! Glad to read you still have an appetite...some fine looking ribs, yum!!   :thumbsup:
  H2...wow, congrats to the lucky winner, heck of a prize especially with the very last entry...that's classic!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Tom..always enjoy reading your stories, great stuff!  :clap:   As far as being paid for tomorrows day off, no, nothing will be in the paycheck for us having to take it off...we don't get paid holidays, sick days, vacations, personal days, etc....only what we work.
  Steve...hope you enjoyed the lacrosse game yesterday at Marist!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...how did your day go yesterday? Have you decided on what rifle you will be using for the bear hunt?
  OG...added two more catches on the DingleDrop yesterday...golden shiners and a bullhead...still haven't hit any trout yet!   ;D

Guess I've had enough coffee to stay active for awhile now, better get the snow removed before some of the kids arrive for brunch.
  Weather guessers now say high 40's with rain tomorrow, 60's on Tuesday, 70 on Wednesday... :woot:  I'm thinking an afternoon trip today and an all day trip tomorrow should be in order before the shorelines and ice go to crap this week coming...not sure what the Mrs. thinks however!  ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11762 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers  sunny with blue skies and light winds presently received a few inches of snow overnight will go out to clean my vehicle after posting.Exciting lacrosse game Marist was up by 3 goals at one point before Air Force came back to win the game 8 to 7 Marist is winless after four games this season. Hopefully they can get things turned around soon before they start conference play.
Whopper Stopper guess you can not use the old picnic basket for baiting either a shame seemed to be Yogi's favorite.  ::) :whistle: ;D
Tom Turkey think you will be looking for another source for freezer paper surprising Reynolds is a respected name product. It sound like you have a regular grocery shopping routine between your bread store and this meat market.
IFF the ribs look fantastic . Glad the Jayhawks are keeping things exciting for the wife and you.
Old Goat hope all is weel with you and family.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on hitting the night bite at crappie lake. Have a good day at Lake George with family. I would have like to make a trip up your way to ice fish not in the cards for this Winter.
Wallyworld may the fish cooperate today agree coming week's forecast is not promising for ice conditions. Hope your son and dil have deep pockets lacrosse gets expensive between sticks and other equipment not that hockey is any cheaper . Your grandchildren should already have developed the hand/eye coordination from hockey that is just as important in lacrosse best to both of them this season.
Hunts2long congratulations to the ATV winner in your group contest in your part of NY. have some big ticket prize or raffle items. That is an impressive turn out for the walleye challenge contest. Biggest contest here draws around 3/4 hundred people which makes for a crowd as majority of lakes are much smaller in surface area compare to those in your section of NY.
Eddie good morning see you beat me posting. Gald you had a good time yesterday. Hope wife lets you fish tomorrow. Think WS would end up in dog house if he suggested a side trip to sporting goods store after helping his wife pick out her eyeglass frames. "But honey I only want to look at some riffles"  ;D :whistle: :roflmao:

Have a good Sunday folks. To all fishing keep aware of ice conditions a few of the smaller ponds I passed on way to lacrosse game had skim or rotting ice.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11763 on: Feb 19, 2018, 03:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 22* and cloudy here on my hill, the weather cat is out on the prowl.
                           Wally......I hope your day on the ice was good for you out there? ???
                           Eddie......How did you make out yesterday afternoon? I hope today is good for you! :flex:
                           H2l.........That's a big tournament that they put on, some friends from Warrensburg were in it but didn't place! :(
                           Marv.......Are you still doing some side jobs or are you back fishing. :whistle:
                           Yesterdays fish outing with the family was slow on the bite. My oldest grandson iced the only Laker a nice 28 incher,
                  MW's wife had one on but her line broke, must have been a monsta! :woot: #2 sons kids had a good time out on the ice. :clap:
                           Today is going to be a recovery day for me, fishing late Saturday and up early to go with my family yesterday
                  put the hurts to my body and yesterday coming off the ice I pulled something in my left shoulder and the pain kept me
                  up last night. >:(
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday, I hope you that are still working have the day off!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11764 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:00 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Presidents Day!   
  Clear and 23*  on the Hill this am, high of 42 expected here today with rain coming in early afternoon.

Jeff...sorry to read the fishing was slow for everyone yesterday, congrats to your grandson on his catch!  :clap: :thumbsup: That sucks about pulling the shoulder again, damn, hope it isn't anything serious...take er easy today Sir, best wishes on a speedy recovery with that.   :thumbsup:

Believe the next few days of unseasonably warm weather and rain are going to put a hurting on the ice conditions around here unfortunately, especially the shorelines. Tape measured 14" of good ice again yesterday on a local lake, but we all know how quickly that can turn bad without above freezing temps for a few days..with rain to boot.
  Not quite ready to call it quits yet though...the Mrs. gave me an all day pass to go get it out of my system. ;D
  Today's project...hit as many lakes as possible over the next 12 hours,  :roflmao: :icefish:   Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11765 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:12 AM »
Morning all,

IW......sorry to hear about the shoulder  :(  congrats to the grandson  :thumbsup: :clap:

IFF....sometimes the cold meds can make you "dopey"  :wacko: :whistle: hope you get back to "normal" soon  :woot:

Eddie....good luck out there on the prowl today  :icefish:  hope you find some hungry fishies  ;D

MrC....seems every sport is costly anymore  :blink:  especially when it's not a school sponsored one  :-\

H2L.....sounds like quite the tourney  :o  congrats to the new atv owner :clap: :thumbsup:

WS......back on the trees today sir  ???

Another nice day to be out yesterday, like IW the bite was a bit slow, but better than the last couple trips  :)   caught a dozen or so decent perch, a 10" crappie and a small northern, all released to bite again  ;D 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11766 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning IW, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

23 with snow and freezing rain moving in through Tuesday morning. Accumulation isn't going to amount to much, the freezing rain will keep people on the ball ??? Winds are stiff with 25mph sustained, gusting to 30mph and higher.

Good luck on your fishing day Eddie :clap: Hope you can quench the thirst Sir!

IW sorry to hear about your sore shoulder. Hope a day of rest has you back on the ice soon.

WW can't wait to hear how you and Mr WW made out on your last outing, hope you were able to find some good ones :thumbsup:

Quiet weekend here. The glasses frame mission went as expected, I took WW's advice and tried to get a sales lady involved as much as possible. It certainly seemed to help and it kept me in the clear :thumbsup: When we were finished we had checked out 4 places and it sounds like she will go with a frame from Target.

I had another tree job to check out yesterday, I decided to pass on it. It was more of a lot clearing as anything and I don't have the equipment needed. I will wait on the weather in the next couple of days and hopefully I will be able to start my big job toward the end of the week.

Good Morning WW :thumbsup:

Best of luck and stay safe no matter what's on your Monday planner :thumbsup:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11767 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning. 14 degrees and clear. Bowled well last night (479), we stayed in first. Only 5 weeks left.
It is a big contest. I am still not sure it is the best thing for the walleyes in this lake. They get fished pretty hard all winter. (When there is good ice) The lake is drawn down pretty good by now. Many places I fish in the summer aren't even in the water. Most everyone uses treble hooks, so many smaller fish die even when released. Very seldom see anyone on the ice doing C&R. The walleye challenge is run very well and the fish have to be alive and be released after weighted. Also by rules are to be released right away if not taken to weigh station. You are not suppose to have any on the ice to take home, if you are in the contest. Anyone fishing in your group MUST be in the contest. They do their best to.

The next contest (1st weekend in March) is the BIG one. Three days, gets a lot of fishermen/women. Many stay on the ice for the whole weekend. A lot of fish can be caught and kept in that time frame. A lot of pike are also caught this contest.

If the lake got some walleye stocking done I wouldn't be on this RANT. The last few years the GSLFF has stocked some, but not many. The lake hasn't gotten any stocked in years by the state. I am done.

Anyway, the GSLFF run their winter contest the same weekend as the Walleye Challenge. Biggest pike was 42", trout 23" and all five places in perch were over 14". Those are some nice perch anywhere....Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11768 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:43 AM »
headed to a few nasty days. 2 to 3 inches of rain guessed though to Wednesday. Flood warnings out for most of the state with the melt off of snow from the rain  I need to get a big ladder out to seal up a vent that  leaked the other day. Never ending battle with older doublewides.

Hopefully it is not to bad on Wednesday as the wife is schuled for another knee injection. The wife is trying to put off getting a knee replaced but it does not look like it is going to work. Then we are going to a Culvers restaurant for walleye and meet up with a friend that is a higher up in Culvers management. They run a walleye special during lent. $10 for two big filets and 2 sides. They only have it until there supply runs out. One of the guys on another site came on to a thread about it saying it was probably zander instead of Walleye. I clued my friend in and he got on the thread last year to set him straight. Now he is all for going to Culver for it.

ww I wish I could blame me being dopey on cold meds. It sounds like your advice to WS about his wife's frames kept him in the clear.

WS I hope you do not get hit with what is guessed for us. as far as rain goes. Neither of us need glasses other than reading glasses any more so frame styles are not that much of an issue. I have a number of pairs as I can not remember where I left them. 

Eddie It is good to see your wife has given you a whole day on the ice today. Hopefully the fish are willing to cooperate.

H2L That is great that one of your group won big time in that big tournament.
Our private lake used to plant walleye but now all they plant is BASS and a token amount of crappie. If they do not cut back on the bass all they are going to have is dink bass. I am waiting for the next fish comittee meeting as one of the big wheels on the committee will be shaking his head as soon as I get the floor to speak, thinking I am going to want walleye planted. I will point at him and ask him why he is shaking his head before I say a word. They used to plant perch but have not in years so I am gong to ask why the do not plant some fish for those who want to catch some fish that are edible.  After o a bigwinter kill the pike ccame back and they were prtomting killing every one you caught so they would not eat any of their precious bass. At least a pike is edible. Our DNR has never planted a single fish in the lake.

Mr. C I can find the big rolls of good freezer paper but I would have to find one of the old butcher paper cutters to use it. Then the next thing would be storing it.  Might be able to get a part roll at that meat market as I am friends with the owner. They use freezer paper to wrap all of there meat in it.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11769 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Good morning hope everyone is enjoying the holiday . Looks like season is coming to an end in my area took a drive yesterday many small ponds already have open water those still iced over have ice that is grayish in color. Big local contest yesterday in Sullivan County(southwestern Catskill Mtn. area) called King of the Ice history made first female winner in 33 year history of contest. I agree with Eddie this week's weather forecast is not good see shorelines opening on bigger lakes.
Ice Wanderer hope rest helps the shoulder. Sounds like you had a nice day even with slow fishing.
Eddie hope you get into some fish today.
Wallyworld congrats on the fish, how is new shelter working for the two of you. Even if a sport is school sponsored costs can be high for players locally most schools only provide uniforms and shoulder pads maybe helmet. Everything else is players expense remind your grandchildren that just like hockey it is their abilities not type of lacrosse stick that makes them a good player.
whopper Stopper just a question does not your wife's eye doctor have a selection of frames at his office. Getting frames at one place and exam elsewhere means frames will have to be brought to whomever has lenses. Be careful while traveling in weather forecast for your area.
Tom Turkey may travel conditions be good for you on Wednesday. Enjoy the walleye dinner. Always seems there is one favorite species of fish folks want stocked in their private lakes and those in charge of making stocking choice will not listen to opinions of other who may have more knowledge on subject then they do. Working at a supermarket and occasionally having to put away supplies agree full rolls of freezer/butcher paper are bulky paper cutters also take up good amount of counter space.
Hunts2long congrats on another good night of bowling . Might need GSLFF to ask state to do electrofish survey and set special regulations on walleye if survey results show low numbers.

A good and safe day to all.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11770 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:52 AM »
WS.....glad you were able to get thru the frame shopping unscathed  :clap:  your weather sounds pretty ugly, on fireplace detail today  ???

Eddie....I forgot to mention that sucks you don't get any holiday/vacation/personal/sick pay  :%$#!:  hope you're having a good day on the ice  ;)

H2L....congrats on another good week of bowling  :thumbsup: 

TT.....that's a LOT of rain  :o hope the injection helps MrsTT's knee  :)  my brother had a knee replacement.......didn't look like much fun  :pinch: :'(

MrC....the new shelter is great  :thumbsup:  so much room & very warm with insulated top & back  ;)  now I just need to get a system down on the set up & take down process, had a big battle with it yesterday, but I finally came out the winner  :roflmao: :woot:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11771 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Whopper Stopper just a question does not your wife's eye doctor have a selection of frames at his office. Getting frames at one place and exam elsewhere means frames will have to be brought to whomever has lenses. Be careful while traveling in weather forecast for your area.
Steve

The Dr she goes to has a large selection of frames and lenses. The problem is his prices are crazy high. He gives one of the best eye exams anywhere, but $1000 for lenses and frames is out of our league. The frames he had were just over $600 and $400 for no line bifocals. My wife got the lenses and frames at Target for $375 with a 2 X replacement if they get scratched or broken. So she went to the Dr for her exam and then brings her prescription to Target for the lenses and frame. She has done this for the last couple of pairs and it works out well. I didn't need to help with lenses, but they are coming from Target also, sorry for any confusion.

WW it was touch and go a few times, a person really has to weigh out their answers when opinions are called upon :roflmao: Yes today was a Cabela's run with the s-i-l and then home to stuff the stove. The roads have a good sheet of ice on them so travel is getting slow.

Eddie I forgot you had asked if I had thought about what gun for the bear hunt. I am actually thinking about using my bow. I will see as it gets closer but right now I am thinking bow.

Hope you all have a good afternoon :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11772 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:35 PM »
Good Evening, good news and good news.  Finally give the boot to the head cold.  Glad that is over.  Worked at the store this evening, and had a dicey ride home.  6" of new snow. And think some of Marv's ice sneaked in before the snow.  Got home just in time to see the payback whipping the Jayhawk's put on Oklahoma for an earlier big 12 game.  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :flex:

With this cold snap though I might get on local ice, that could be dicey as well with this snow.  Will have to see if anyone wants to give it a try Wednesday would by my first chance.

Eye glasses is something I've been needing for some time  This pair has never been right from the get go.  Tried twice to have them done properly, to no avail and just gave up.

So now will be up early and dealing with the neighborhood snow.

Stay safe all.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11773 on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  39* and misty this am, heading to a high of 66 here today with some rain this morning... :woot:

Only fished 2 lakes yesterday. Something told me to " head West young man ", so I took my lake trout gear and went to Otsego Lake in Cooperstown for one more round. Only landed 1 that tape measured 20". My catching percentage was way down, went 1 for 14 before calling it quits there when the rain started.
  4am start this morning, so will catch up to you all this afternoon.....cawfee's on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11774 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:16 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                     It's 39* here too and foggy here on my hill, with more  rain today. :%$#!:
                     Eddie......It seems that slow is the word of the week in Laker fishing, I hope it picks up if you're able to get out
             again. ???
                     Marv......Has your wife ever thought about Lasik surgery, I had it done and it was the best decision I ever made.
             And it's cheaper than glasses! :thumbsup:
                     Bud.......I'm glad to hear your cold is gone and that you're feeling better. :clap:
                     Wally.....Your shelter sound great, was it the wind giving you a hard time in the set up or take down? ???
                     This warm up isn't good for the ice, tomorrow it's suppose to get on the 60's and in some places in the northeast
             in the 70's. :%$#!:
                     I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on some ice.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11775 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:24 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

22 heading to 24, still mist in the air.

Bud glad you shook the cold :thumbsup:

Eddie sounds like you had some action anyway, hope you and the crew have a good rest of the week Sir!

WW your new shack sounds pretty nice :thumbsup: Hope you get a few more days in it before the ice gets sketchy.

I am taking the wife to the bus this morning. Last night she had enough of chiseling the ice off the windshield. I told her being we don't know what's up with the weather  I would run her over there. Chalking up points :whistle:

Best wishes no matter what's on the daily planner :thumbsup: Above all stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11776 on: Feb 20, 2018, 05:53 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....wtg on racking up those "get out of the doghouse" points  :roflmao: :thumbsup:  Feb will soon be over  ;)2

Eddie....at least you didn't end up with the striped kitty  :icefish: :clap:  remember a bad day fishing beats a good day at work every time  :woot:

IFF....so glad to hear you're over the bug  :)  sure takes a lot of you huh  ???  careful on those snow covered lakes, hard to know what your feet are going to land on  :unsure:

IW......it wasn't the wind giving me grief, it's the darn pop out sides & top  >:(  ended up using the gaff to pop the top since apparently my arms are too short  :roflmao: I WILL get it figured it sooner or later  :flex:

Keeping my fingers crossed that this rain and warmth we're getting doesn't end ice season, but it sure isn't looking good  :( :blink:  hoping to make one last run up north next week for a few days, will have to wait and see how it plays out  :-\ 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11777 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:00 AM »
Good Morning ER's  All I can think of to say this morning is Wowser, awaking to wind ENE at 6mph and temp of 8 Below. Sure hope it locks up my fishing hole, even with the snow cover.  The spud bar is going to get a workout if I get the chance to go.

Sorry about all the rain up your way.  Crazy weather patterns these days.

WW sounds like you need an adjustable roof rod ?

More after I get the new snow attended to.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11778 on: Feb 20, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Any one have an ARC for rent. This is ridiculous. It has been raining hard since yesterday after noon with no relief until tomorrow morning. The temps have gone up a lot since I was up earlier. From the high 30's to 55* now. At least my toon is stored on high ground. There is one good thing about all of the rain is it could have been SNOW.

Nothing planed for today other than taking the yorkie to get a hair cut. Thankfully that is only a couple blocks away.

I am looking for a big blow up with the Lake Assn. at the annual meeting this summer. It is run by a bunch of people that have no clue what they are doing. They tried to raise the dues with two votes over the winter that got turned down. The increase would probably have passed if they had not tried to get greedy with the amounts they tried to access for extra lots. A lot of lots have been split and joined into one parcel number or more than one lot having the same thing done but they wanted to access of $50 extra dues for each lot in the original plat from the late 60's even though they have been joined as one in the tax rolls. Hopefully there will be enough people that will run against them to get this board booted. I would but the way my nerves are these days I can not. I have done a lot of volunteer work for the assn. over the years but will not do a thing for this board.

They came close to losing another life on Saginaw Bay yesterday. Luckily the coast guard was able to lift the worst off guy aboard their chopper and get him to the hospital. You can not beleive how much stuff gets lost on that bay over the winter No one has sence enough to put there names and phone number on there quipment so it can be returned. I think most of them need to wait for the new girl/boy scouts to get there knot tying merit badge so they can they can teach them how to tie things down. I have only seen one shanty posted about being lost out of a truck this winter so that has improved at least.

WW One of the stiffeners for the top of a flip shanty might help you with the top of your new shanty. They are extendable but collapses down pretty small to carry with you.

IFF You sure have had roller coaster temps this winter. I think this is our third warm up and snow melt off this winter but it only lasts a few days so the ice has stayed safe. I doubt that the ice will with stand this warm up.

WS I never bought my lenses and frame where I got my eyes exaened as they were over priced. I got a pair offrames from some where that were titanium. They lasted for years and through a number of glass replacements. I always had glass lenses as working constuction the one set of plastic lenses scratched with in a few weeks. There is no way you can find water to clean them on the job. Frames today are luckily to last untill you need a new perscription.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11779 on: Feb 20, 2018, 11:20 AM »
In Western NY there were upper 60's yesterday and again today, with upper 50's at night.  No ice making here.   All the rest of the week is above freezing temps.  We are hopeful but I think it may be over.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11780 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Greetings 9:45ers ,things not looking good for ice as ice Wanderer posted weather guessers calling for highs in seventies one day later this week with over night lows only in forties or fifties..
Wallyworld glad the new shelter is meeting your needs is it possible to pop the top up and then sides when setting it up .
Whopper Stopper thank you for eyeglass explanation did not trealize target offered such a service to customers should have connected the dots if they sell frames probably offer exams and fill prescriptions. I'm wondering what goodies you and SIl found at Cabelas that your working on brownie points with the wife.
IFF good to read you have beaten head cold. Assume wife is happy after Jay Hawks win. May you find a spot to fish on Wednesday.
Eddie congratulations on avoiding the skunk. Just wondering would it be a shorter drive to head for Lake George in pursuit of lake trout. A good and safe week for you and your crew.
Tom Turkey may things dry out before you need the arc. Happy to read fisherman was rescued from Saginaw Bay. Hope lake assn. can come to some type of fee increase that is far for members. Do you have to be a member as part of property purchase can see loss of members if fee increase is to steep.
Perch Chacer welcome to the thread do not remember if you have posted here before agree weather does not look promising for maintaining ice.

Have a pleasant evening everyone..
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11781 on: Feb 20, 2018, 09:58 PM »
MR C It is not going to dry out soon. I just followed this band of rain on the radar, that has been hitting us for ever it seems. It stretches clear down in to Oklahoma. If it would just move east out of here. There are more and more roads getting closed by flooding. Hopefully it dies out before it hits to you people in the east. Temps have dropped big time in Wisconsin so when it gets here it will mean icy roads.

Hopefully things let up before morning as a trip to the city is necessary tomorrow  at noon.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11782 on: Feb 20, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Greetings 9:45ers ,things not looking good for ice as ice Wanderer posted weather guessers calling for highs in seventies one day later this week with over night lows only in forties or fifties..

Perch Chacer welcome to the thread do not remember if you have posted here before agree weather does not look promising for maintaining ice.

Have a pleasant evening everyone..
Steve
I have posted in the past, last time was on page 383, end of Jan.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11783 on: Feb 21, 2018, 01:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  49* and just a slight breeze this am, high of 70 expected here today, gasp!!   :sick:

Another 4am start this morning doing demo, so will have to keep it short. Plan on swinging by the local lake to see what the shoreline looks like on way back home today.
  Tom..hope that rain lets up soon for you, safe travels to the city today!
  PerchChaser...welcome back to the 9:45, crossing fingers the season isn't over yet!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..Otsego is actually closer for me than LG, but my favorite spot to fish lakers there this year just wasn't too safe this season.
  Bud..glad you're feeling better, did you go check ice conditions?
  Wally..like you, I'm hopeful to get at least one more trip in... :thumbsup:
  Marv...liking the choice of the bow for your bear hunt...hope those icy conditions are better today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hows the shorelines at LG? Best of luck if heading out today!   :thumbsup:

Well, will check back in on my break to see how you're all doing today...cawfee's on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11784 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! I see WW in the hallway, HELLO! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

+5 heading to 20 later today. The roads are clear  :thumbsup:

Eddie hope the day goes well. Will you be able to get on the ice after work?

IW how is the shoulder feeling?

WW best of luck if you are able to get out on the ice. It sure sounds like the conditions aren't the best.

I am going to try a different lake this morning and see what the bass are doing. I was out yesterday just checking it out and talked to a guy that was fishing. He was fishing crappies and said it was poor at best. He mentioned that on his camera he saw lots of bass. The lake has a catch and release on bass so maybe there are some decent ones in there.

Hope you all have an Excellent Wed :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11785 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:44 AM »
Good Morning ER's 18 here and holding steady. Further south of here they have some flooding on the sugar river and elsewhere and with 2-4 more inches on the way they will have a bad case of it. We got only 1 inch yesterday so the ice should still be fine. The bug won't let go so a trip to Dr. office might be in order crap. Flem flem and more flem.  Hope all have a nice day today be safe.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11786 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

WS......glad to hear you're getting out today  :thumbsup:  hope you end the day exhausted from fighting some monster bass  :woot: :icefish:

TT......safe travels today and good luck to MrsT on the injection  ;)

Eddie.....if this weather keeps up you'll be back working outside in no time  @) 

IFF.....good luck if you get on some ice today spud spud spud  ;D

MrC.....think I just need to keep trying different ways of setting up till I find one that works best for me  ;)  wouldn't hurt if I could grow a couple inches taller too  :roflmao:

IW.....hope the shoulder's feeling better today  :)  kitty must be loving these warm mornings  :thumbsup:

Not much new here, getting the itch to get the boat ready with this spring like weather  @)  see some guys in western NY are already out trolling for browns   :whistle:  and it's about time to start planning the yearly trip south with the bike  :thumbsup:  still hoping for at least one more  :icefish: trip too  ;D  so many choices so little time  :woot:

Morning OG.....get better soon sir  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11787 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:59 AM »
Good Morning. 32 degrees. Got up to 46 yesterday. Going into the low 60's today. The wife and youngest daughter left yesterday to visit wife's sister in Rochester. Today they are going to Niagara Falls and coming home on Thursday.

This past weekend the GSLFF held their ice contest. There were some very nice perch caught. The 5 money fish were all over 14 inches, which is very good for this lake. Biggest pike was 42" and biggest trout was 23.

Glad everyone's doing OK. Hope those that are able to get out on the ice have some Good Luck. Matt picked up his ATV that he won last weekend. They even pay the tax, lic and reg. on it. Thought that was cool. Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11788 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:43 AM »
The rain has finally started to move out after bring stuck here for or way to long. There are reports of over 3 inches of rain south of me. I looked for my rain gauge when this started but I think I remember throwing it away as it needed to be replaced. When I was up at 4 AM it had just moved out of here but it put some ice on the deck before it left.

They had the Big Mac bridge closed again last night due to falling ice. I crossed that bridge years ago when it was 23* and raing. That was a scary 6 miles. I am glad that we do not have to start for the city until after day light so I can see what is on the road. Last night there were barrels where one creek passes under the road we use to get to the city. It is going to take a long time for all of this water to get its way down to Lake Michigan.

WS it is good you did not get hit by this rain or you would not be thinking about going on the ice. The Coast Guard air lifted another couple of idiots off of Saginaw Bay yesterday. That bay has been sketchy for a few weeks after a NE wind broke a lot of it up leaving a lot of ice piles and open cracks.

H2L We used to have a lot of perch around 14 inches in our lake. I have a mounted 14 1/2 one on the wall above my computer. I just wish they would plant some more instead of all bass. One day I put 3+ lbs. of perch filets in the freezer from 10 perch.

Every one living in the development or owning vacant lots have to pay the dues. If you do not they put a lien on your property that has to be paid off before you can sell the property. With all of the problems with the assn. board, when some one has a question they call the wife even though she has not been on the board for a couple of years. They know she will answer the questions as the board may not get back to them. They probably do not know the answer anyway.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11789 on: Feb 21, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Good morning early risers weather guessers say my area might be in the mid seventies this afternoon then a cool down with rain and chance of Wintry mix on Thursday.
Perch Chacer feel free to post at any time as this thread has evolved over time a certain group of members try to post on a daily basis with a few other making random posts .When I see a name I'm not familiar with just assume it may be a new poster to thread.
Mr. Turkey glad the rain has stopped a safe journey to doctor today.May the injection help wife's knee problem.  Understand your and others concern on lake assn. fee increases basically another bill to be paid.
Old Goat hope your feeling better soon sir.
Eddie may you find shoreline in good enough condition to allow another trip later this week. I thought it might be shorter distance and drive time for you to visit LG.
Whopper Stopper may you hook into a couple hogs today.
Wallyworld there are times I could use longer arms myself. Hope you can make trip north for another outing on the ice.
Hunts2long a safe trip for your wife and youngest daughter. Nice that Walleye Challenge picks up tax.lic.and reg. on ATV.
Ice Wanderer hope the shoulder is feeling better today .
Icefisher-45 has your back improved since seeing chiropractor.
Capt.Jim how is your wife doing in her battle with cold/flu.
Captain 54 enjoying the fillets for your earlier  fishing .

A safe and good day to all.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.